SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCooper63
I just bought the Fusion HDTV5 Gold. I can't get it to work correctly. Using their software during the initial install (prior to first reboot) I was able to scan channels and play them in HDTV. Reboot, and I get nothing in HDTV or Sage. I deleted the card and rebooted again. Auto recognized teh card and now some of it works in HDTV. Nothing works in Sage. Sage will often hang what attempting to view either the analog tuner or Digital tuner. Other times Sage simply ignores me. The software that same with it is HDTV 3.00.00.4, my system has 3 additional Haupauge tuners. 250, 250MC and Blackbird.
Two things...

1. Try the latest Dvico 3.1 Beta drivers from ftp://suma:tannak@partner.dvico.com/ (thanks kyn3twalker!)

2. Just checking but I think you can't properly access the card in sage if the Dvico software is running, this includes the agent in the systray. Once I can get reliable operation in Sage, I will simply disable the agent permanently.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:10 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCooper63
I just bought the Fusion HDTV5 Gold. I can't get it to work correctly. Using their software during the initial install (prior to first reboot) I was able to scan channels and play them in HDTV. Reboot, and I get nothing in HDTV or Sage. I deleted the card and rebooted again. Auto recognized teh card and now some of it works in HDTV. Nothing works in Sage. Sage will often hang what attempting to view either the analog tuner or Digital tuner. Other times Sage simply ignores me. The software that same with it is HDTV 3.00.00.4, my system has 3 additional Haupauge tuners. 250, 250MC and Blackbird.
As I reported in my "Video Issues" thread, I now have the 6600GT custom timings resolved so that other video programs function perfectly, and I can play files recorded by SageTV in PowerDVD, but I cannot get video to function in SageTV. I think it's a bug in dealing the Fusion (3 Gold in my case). I've tried just about every decoder and every option I can think of. I'll be interested in knowing whether the knew beta helps, but I did try two different versions of the Fusion software.

BTW, I did try setting it up only with the analog tuner, and I did get video during the preview stage. That's about as far as I've gotten though.

Which reminds me--AMCooper--what brand and model of video card are you using?
Old 09-17-2005, 10:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Same here with a 6600GT (and a PVR USB2); seems to be a problem with the 3D Accelerated Mode;disabled, and Overlay works fine; when enabled also Overlay does not work.
EVerything fine with 2.2.8, so this seem to be a 6600 GT issue, not a Fusion issue.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Sage User

Posting additional info on my experience with Sage and Dvico Fusion5 Lite, Gigabyte 6600 256mb, Xp Pro.

Occasionally working in Sage with this card although I am getting the following behavior.

1. Switching to VMR9 with 3d acceleration enabled causes sage to crash and a full system stop with the following error. "Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" in ZuluTcap.sys - address F892FCDD base at F892E00.

2. I am getting what looks like a memory leak in Sage because playback will slow to a crawl and sound stutters right before I get a virtual memory warning from Windows. I tried running in a window and watching Sage mem usage. Mem usage also shoots up when you move or resize Sage in window mode. Eventally reached over 200mb of memory usage during playback and i got the BOSD again.

3. Certain channels can occasionally be tuned and other times just show a black screen (suspect different subchannel data?)

4. Consistently slow tuning with this card. I will select a channel and the program summary and controls will display for 30 sec or more before the video and sound appear. If the channel cannot be tuned these controls go away immediately and you simply get the black screen until you close the file.

Guess I'm stuck with Dvico application for now

Please let me know if you want to me submit a full bug report.

Last edited by VorpalBlade; 09-18-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

VorpalBlade, I have an almost identical configuration to you're.
I am also getting those blue screens as well.
Don't worry, since we are both experiencing these same symptoms, it IS very reproducable.
Supposedly this next beta due in the next couple of days will address the Fusion 5 Lite compatiblity/VMR9 (sluggish performance when used too much, blue screen messages) problems.

The sluggish issue is very strange, over a long period of time, you will start seeing more and more swap file usage until the PC crashes.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-19-2005, 04:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher
I noticed after installing SageTV 3.0.7 beta that I no longer get Dolby Digital 5.1 passed thru SPDIF when watching DVDs. Further investigation revealed that the ac3filter installed by SageTV seems to have a problem with SPDIF. If I check SPDIF in the configuration (using WMP), it causes WMP and SageTV to lockup. I uninstalled the SageTV supplied version and installed the latest sourceforge version 0.70, configured for SPDIF and all is well again. It's strange that the SageTV version is 1.01 and written by the same developer but the current released version is 0.70? Anyone else notice this problem with the ac3filter SageTV is supplying?
Just wanted to say I have the exact same problem with ac3filter 1.01 and spdif pass-thru. Installed the official 0.70b version and everything works fine again.

Hmmm... maybe Sage should use the 0.70b version... Does ac3filter 1.01 and spdif pass-thru actually work for someone?
Old 09-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Sage User

is there any difference in the driver that the Fusion5 software uses to talk to the card and the one that Sage uses?

The reason that I ask is that it seems like the advanced multi-path rejection features of the chipset on that card are only active when you are using their software. I installed the card and fusion up at my home about 5mi. from NYC and had no problems watching HD transmissions using either the Fusion software or Sage. I then transported the PC down to my dorm, aimed the antenna using the signal metering in the Fusion software, and could get all the HD signals in the market with no problems or dropouts. I then tried using Sage and it would only lock onto about 2 HD signals and had ocassional dropouts. If i switch over to the fusion software i can watch all the channels just fine. The only thing that I can think of that would be causing this is that Sage somehow is not fully using all the multipath correction and other signal processing features of the chipset on the Fusion card, and their software is.

can anybody shed some light on this?
Old 09-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Sage User

AFAIK Sage simply interfaces with the installed Fusion system drivers for the card. Your theory sounds plausible to me. It would explain the inconsistent reception and perhaps the crashes too.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:45 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Sleep?

I have not read this thread yet, so forgive me if this has been answered.

Does Sage TV 3.0b support proper S1/S3 sleeping on appropriate hardware and will come out of sleep for recordings? Or do we still need one of the 3rd party tools for this new version?

Thanks, Robert
Old 09-20-2005, 08:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar
I have not read this thread yet, so forgive me if this has been answered.

Does Sage TV 3.0b support proper S1/S3 sleeping on appropriate hardware and will come out of sleep for recordings? Or do we still need one of the 3rd party tools for this new version?

Thanks, Robert
This works since 2.2 for me, maybe even some (sub)versions earlier...

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 09-21-2005, 06:52 AM

I had downloaded Sage TV 2 when I first bought my Fusion HDTV Gold 3 card last year. It didn't support software encoding then. Since then I have uninstalled the program. Recently when I saw you have a new version which support Fusion cards, I downloaded the Beta to try and see if it works for mine. But it keeps asking for Security Key. I want to buy the product if the Beta works for me. I am also very keen in beta testing this product. Can you direct me as to what I should do to get this beta installed.

Thanks,

pramod../
Old 09-21-2005, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoamat
I had downloaded Sage TV 2 when I first bought my Fusion HDTV Gold 3 card last year. It didn't support software encoding then. Since then I have uninstalled the program. Recently when I saw you have a new version which support Fusion cards, I downloaded the Beta to try and see if it works for mine. But it keeps asking for Security Key. I want to buy the product if the Beta works for me. I am also very keen in beta testing this product. Can you direct me as to what I should do to get this beta installed.

Thanks,

pramod../

NEVER MIND. Found out I have to be registered to test Beta. So much for getting more Fusion and other owners to test the Beta. Guess SAGE has to live with the limited set of testers. Bye Bye Sage.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:33 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Oh, yeah, the guilt trip. That'll motivate them.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Even with v2, setting up Sage can require a good bit of tweaking and tinkering in order to get a stable setup with good quality. Why would Sage want a bunch of new users who have no experience with the product testing the beta?

Not to mention existing users probably already have their systems setup and stable with v2 so any instability or new problems could be directly linked to the beta and not some other problem caused by their setup.