SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-09-2005, 10:46 PM
SageTVaholic

What is the "Set Watched" feature good for?

I was a bit embarrassed to asked this, but what the heck... What is the "Set Watched" feature good for? I can't figure out when I would ever need to toggle that setting.

If I watched the show, doesn't SageTV already set it to watched automatically? Even if SageTV did set it to "watched", I still don't understand the value of that feature since I would already know if I just watched the show.

Can somebody shed some light on this please?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Sage Expert

It's kind of a "I like this and watched it" thing for intelligent recording... Also, sage won't record shows you've already watched.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:55 PM
Administrator

Among other things, the Watched status affects:
  1. Watched shows have a high priority to be deleted to make room for new recordings.
  2. Watched shows are not recorded again (see FAQ), unless you use the Record command on a show. Want a watched show to be recorded when it airs again? Clear the watched status before deleting it. Watched all the episodes of some favorite & want to see them again? In v3, you can set or clear the watched status for all airings of that fav in the database.
  3. Watched shows affect Intelligent Recording by letting it know that you watched it. Watching it means liking it. Don't want SageTV to 'know' you've watched any part of or all of a show? Set it completely watched, then clear the watched status. If IR is on & you see a show in the schedule that you don't want recorded becaue you know you've seen it? Set it as Watched & it will be removed from the schedule. BTW: Setting/clearing Don't Like also affects IR.
  4. SageTV remembers how much of a non-completely watched show you have watched, so you can stop playback & restart later w/o having to find your spot again. It does not do this for already-watched shows. Reset the watched status to let it remember your position again. (v3 can clear the watched status automatically when you play an already-watched recording again.)
- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wow, I thought this thread would such but it actually proved to be informative