SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Question Sage 2.2 problems all-of-a-sudden

Good morning,

The WAF factor is now at it's all-time low.. lol. Two problems keep occuring after no known changes to my system:

- After a day or so of Sage being open (not using the Sage service), playing any recorded shows, the video and sound will freeze for about 1 second every 5-10 seconds. This will continue to occur until I close out of SageTV and reopen the application.

- I'm getting a *lot* of entries in my recorded shows whereI select the show to watch and get an " Error -2, the recording is no longer on disk" (this is not the exact error message)

Additional infromation about my system that's not in my signature is that I am using JRE 1.5, newest Nvidia video drivers for my GeForce 440MX, and the latest NVDVD codec (3.0-something)

Any thoughts from anyone? Otherwise, I may just upgrade to the new beta, but don't want my problems to follow me
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 08-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Sage User

How is the drive with the Sage recordings formatted? 64kb?

This thread has some info on cluster size and performance.

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...hlight=cluster

Hope this helps.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Good point - one drive is using the 64k clusters, the other is not. I've ran a defrag on the non-64k cluster drive and it doesn't seem to have helped.
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 08-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Sage User

I guess the question to ask is whether the error occurrs on all recordings or is the error limited to recordings on a particular drive?