SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-08-2005, 07:42 AM
Sage Fanatic

FSE Not Fixing Stuttering

I have an NVidia 6800 that I have had installed for awhile, and I installed 3.0.5 hoping to take advantage of the FSE to finally stop video stuttering once and for all, but it didn't. After initially having the rendering error, I manually replaced my quartz.dll with the version C that I still had renamed sitting in my system32 directory. The rendering error went away, but I am still having the video stuttering. I have 3D enabled, FSE, and I have tried the Nvidia PP, as well as the regular Nvidia Decoder.

How can I verfiy that I have done everything correctly?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:29 AM
Sage Fanatic

I read a little more from the "Things to do to fix Stuttering" thread, I will try just the Nvidia Decoder and enabling Smart and checking Hardware Accelleration in my Decoder settings (did not see a setting for DXVA) and see what happens. Hopefully this will fix it.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:37 AM
SageTVaholic

rsagetv99, there are waaay too many variables to try to troubleshoot which component is giving you the problem. It would take you less time to do the following:

1) Uninstall the nvidia decoder and respective registry settings, reboot, then install cleanly again.
2) Reinstall your Nvidia driver to preferably 77.76, turn on vertical synch.
3) Back up your SageTV directory and install cleanly version 3.0.5
4) Recording to a hard drive formated with 64K clusters is desirable but not necessary.
5) There is a registry setting that can be changed. I can't remember off the top of my head, but it's mentioned right here in the beta software section. Something like changing buffers to 64.

Note: Replacing the quartz.dll is only meant if you get a strange video effect with the video after fast forwarding/rewinding. It doesn't fix stutters.

If you have tried all of this and STILL have the same problem, I would guess its lack of CPU speed.

Good Luck!
Old 08-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

Where do I get 77.76? I paid the $20 to buy the codec a while back, I just don't know where to update it. My HDDs are already 64k clusters, but I have not changed the registry setting that you speak of back since uninstalling 2.2.8 and installing 3.0.5.

I will follow your steps, just let me know where 77.76 is...
Old 08-08-2005, 11:42 AM
Sage User

77.76 is the beta nvida video card driver and can be downloaded here.

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_do...etadriver.html

Besure to remove the old video drivers from add/remove programs before installing the new.

The item you paid $20 for is just the dvd decoder software not the video card driver. Video card driver is free. You need both. Do you have the most recent DVD decoders?

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_do...etadriver.html

If you already have a paid version of the decoders the new 60 day trial should write over the top op the old. You do not have to pay for thge new version. Be sure to enter the trial information listed below the download.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Sage Fanatic

Is this the right DVD decoder???

http://www.nvidia.com/object/dvd_dec...150-trial.html
Old 08-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Sage User

Yep, that is the most recent one. They must have recently changed the 60 day trial to 30 day.