SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-05-2005, 07:45 AM
Sage Expert

Delete Orphan Files

It seems SageTV leaves behind files even though the recording has been deleted. I seem to recall these being refered to somewhere as orphan files. Is there an easy way to keep these out?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-05-2005, 09:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Check out the search functions for the appropriate forum or tread! There is also an advanced search function and I have been able to answer most of my questions by using these tools.

Good luck.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg search.jpg (25.2 KB, 292 views)

Last edited by ellweber; 08-05-2005 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

What files are you referring to? in the recordings directory you should only have the .mpg's, one for each show unless the recording got interrupted. Perhaps you have some comskip/show analyzer process running to create txt and log files and those will get left behind if sage deletes the original mpg. If thats the case take a look at dir mon, it will delete "orphan" files.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:20 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruji
What files are you referring to? in the recordings directory you should only have the .mpg's, one for each show unless the recording got interrupted. Perhaps you have some comskip/show analyzer process running to create txt and log files and those will get left behind if sage deletes the original mpg. If thats the case take a look at dir mon, it will delete "orphan" files.
I've seen some talk about dirmon. I didn't realize it could do that specifically though. That's very good to know. Thanks
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I've seen some talk about dirmon. I didn't realize it could do that specifically though. That's very good to know. Thanks
FWIW, I use Cayers as well and for what ever reason shyed away from using dirmon to start comskip and used background processing within Cayers. A week ago I installed dirmon and now wish I had been using it all along. Super easy install, deletes orphans plus when curious it can show you what its doing.
You can delete orphans within Cayers, I believe that function is in the utilities section. Although if you do it with Cayers, and you have a bunch of orphans it will be very slow to complete the task.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

You've probably found it already, but DirMon is located here:
http://www.dragonglobal.org/dirmon.htm
Old 08-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
You've probably found it already, but DirMon is located here:
http://www.dragonglobal.org/dirmon.htm
Yep, Blue I sure did. Thanks for the input. It works a treat!
-- Snoopy