SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-23-2005, 07:13 AM

Changing Channels (DirecTV Serial Control plugin)

My System:
Hauppauge 150 MCE
Hauppauge MVP
SageTV (DirecTV Serial Control plugin)
DirecTV Receiver D10

Everything is working fine I am able to control Sage with the MVP with the exception of changing the channels. I am able to see the numberis at the top left when I press them it just doesn't change the channels.

I would like to be able to change the channels with the MVP remote. However, I guess I should know how you normally change channels in Sage with the keyboard.

How do you change the channels in Sage with the keyboard?
Old 07-23-2005, 09:39 AM

Never mind because I reinstalled Sage and now everything is working. I am able to change the DirecTV D10 channels through the MVP remote.

I don't really no what I did different this time around but I do think it has something to do with the order of setting up Sage and the MVP. I also think it has something to do with having your DirecTV box off while setting up Sage.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:31 PM

I think I might have spoken to soon. Whenever I try to change channels to anything under 100 (locals ie 4, 5, 7, 9, etc.) with the MVP remote, the DirecTV receiver doesn't change channels.

Which turns out to be a known issue with the D10 receiver.

Here is a link to the discussion on the tivo communty. Link
Old 07-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Administrator

You might also want to check out another thread here: My D10 Serial Solution... (No, not _my_ solution ) I haven't followed the details, but it might be of some help.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:18 AM

I have successfully used the Direct TV Control application to control my sat receiver. (DirecTV H10) application set to a D10 - 200

Unable to Control receiver with sageTV via serial port, set up with EXE Tuner plug-in.

I have a pvr150 and SageTV 2.2.8.

Is there something else that I need or that I can do to make this work? It worked great with my old receiver.