SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Temporary jump to live when watching shows

I've been using Sage for a few months now and this one problem has persisted. Haven't seen mention of it so thought I'd look for some input on it.

Whenever I watch a show that is currently recording, the initial playback starts at the current live point. Hitting the skip button (forward or back) immediately jumps it back to the viewed time (+ or - 10 seconds from the skip).

This was most frustrating during the NBA playoffs as I would jump from game to game. So sometime I would jump to a game that I had watched the first quarter of. It would now actually be in the 4th or OT and I'd hit play and it would start playing from the live point. Hitting skip would bring me back to where I had stopped watching (around the 1st quarter). Might not be a problem on many shows but on shows where you don't want to know the ending till you get there it's really annoying.

Has happened a lot seeing how I tend to jump into currently recording shows after they start so I have a buffer to skip commercials (semi-live I guess).

Is there any way to get that to stop happening? Any other shows I stop watching resume from the spot where I left off. This only happens on live shows still recording.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have the same issue, so I'd be interested in the answer as well.

This is most problematic during Red Sox games. I find that I have to close my eyes when I return to the broadcast and quickly push the skip button to avoid knowing the outcome.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm doing something similar. I mute (just in case a score or something gives it away), then hit play and skip in one quick motion to try and not spoil the show. I just hate knowing an ending before I get to it. Takes all the fun out lol
Old 07-20-2005, 05:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Happening here too. Didn't realize it until baseball season started (Angel games).

The time scroll bar shows the position as if it's just starting, or where I last left off - when actually it is live.

Would also like to hear if there is an answer.