SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-12-2005, 07:18 PM

display only on tv!?

i got my svideo out displaying my desktop and sagetv...

but how do i get sage to minimize or hide on my main monitor and only show up on the tv?

oh and the video seems to be only playing the main monitor and not the tv, but the gui is all there
Old 07-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobrain
how do i get sage to minimize or hide on my main monitor and only show up on the tv?
I don't think this is possible, you can hide sage and it will continue to record, but you can't hide it on the monitor and have it show up on the tv.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Sage Expert

if you set up one of the virtual/multiple desktop apps I think that you might be able to do it that way. Just set up one desktop to go to the tv and another for the monitor. That is just one of the many many reasons I created a box dedicated JUST to sage though.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Administrator

twobrain: If you want SageTV's window + video on both the monitor & TV, you may need to let others know what video card you are using so they can recommend a driver and/or SageTV setting.

If you want the window off the monitor & only on the TV, then you could just go into Display Properties and extend the desktop onto the 2nd monitor (the TV) and then move the SageTV window to that part of the desktop -- just drag it off hte monitor & onto the TV. If you want to use 3D Acceleration w/VMR9, then you should set the TV's 'monitor' in Display Properties as the Primary Monitor, since that is where DirectX works best.

I think the only way to put SageTV to sleep and still have its UI on the TV is to use the PVR-350 (turn on the UI for the 350's tv-out) or the Xcard (use the Xcard plugin to show the UI through the Xcard).

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:13 AM

i got it working with the main monitor as the extended desktop... but then all the icons and start bar go on the tv...

maybe i need diff drivers to get it so that teh main display is on the monitor and the extended desktop is on the tv with the video on the tv actually showing up?

the video card is a ati 9600pro

thanks
Old 02-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm using the 9600XT All-in-Wonder and like Opus said, I'm using the TV as the primary display and this works beautifully except for one thing...it bugs the hell outta me whenever i open something up it usually opens on the TV. You can drag your icons from one monitor to the other and it'll remember that. Usually if you just drag the window of the prog/whatever you just opened from your TV and minimize or close it or whatever next time you open it it will open up on the monitor...until a reboot. I find this to be quite a PITA mind you, so I'm not sure how long I'm gonna run this setup for. Normally I just run in clone mode which works good, but you can't use the comp like that. If anybody's got any answers without buyin more hardware I'm all ears!

Carl

-It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase...
-Deep Purple

Last edited by CarlG; 02-16-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Sage Expert

Am I the only one running on TV only? I have my TV set as my only (therefore primary) display. I'm running an ATI 9600XT, using the DVI-component adapter, and running the component inputs to my HD RPTV. Works really well. The only time I grab a monitor to use is if I need to boot in Safe mode, as the screen gets garbled (I'm assuming because the ATI drivers are not used in Safe mode).
Old 02-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm running my server's video out to my TV. Kind sucks because the resoultion is so poor, but I don't need to waste a monitor on the server (or lug one over to the TV rack) for the few times I actually need to check something on the server.

I need to re-install the vnc client back on the server