SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Sage User

season pass

I was wandering if this sage had a season pass option
Old 07-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Administrator

This is posted in the SageTVRecorder forum... do you mean this program, or SageTV? SageTVRecorder does not, but SageTV has Favorites that you can set for show titles, actors, categories, or keywords -- see p. 57 in the v2.2 manual.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Sage Expert

'Season Passes' are what DTV has. SageTV has the same exact thing except better called favorites. However, wishlists do not exist in SageTV yet.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 07-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Sage Icon

What's a wishlist?
Old 07-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Sage Expert

Say I want to record any show in the future whos keywords might mention 'skeet shooting' or 'chess' or some other obscure interest you have that might not occur regularly for which you have an interest. A wishlist kindof like a 'favorite' would record that program as it finds it. My complaint with DirecTV is that it's wishlist "feature" could have easily just been an extension of favorites (season passes as they called them) rather than having a completely different section. It's nice to have wishlists but not a necessity by any means.

One of the things I thought was really neat about the favorites in SageTV as opposed to DTV is that it will look for a given show on 'any' channel. That's pretty cool. You could not make that happen with DirecTV/TiVo.

I feel pretty certain that 'wishlist' capability as it's known will be added in some form in the future.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 07-21-2005 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Administrator

So... as you described it, a wishlist sounds similar to the Keyword favorites that SageTV has, where you can specify any wildcarded text & SageTV will record shows that match that keyword search. See p. 58 of the v2.2 manual for details on setting up a keyword fav.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
So... as you described it, a wishlist sounds similar to the Keyword favorites that SageTV has, where you can specify any wildcarded text & SageTV will record shows that match that keyword search. See p. 58 of the v2.2 manual for details on setting up a keyword fav.- Andy
Precisely yes... And I love the way that it is all part of the same search system in SageTV. The primary difference is that it would not matter if the show existed currently or not as TiVo would still list it 'in case' it was ever found.

A case where this would be usefull currently is the show called "boston public" set to begin again in mid August. Since the show does not currently exist in the guide data, it can't be added right now.

SageTV beats DTV/TiVo hands down though IMO.
-- Snoopy
Old 07-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Sage Icon

Yay, I get to pretend to be Opus!

On page 58 of the v2.2 manual: New Favorite by Keyword.

Is that what you mean?

Edit: Dammit! that'll teach me not to sleep on the job!
Old 07-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless

On page 59 of the v2.2 manual: New Favorite by Keyword.

Is that what you mean?
not exactly
-- Snoopy
Old 07-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Sage Expert

I'll be damn... It does look like you can add it if it does not exist. Ok now that's slick! keyword only but still that's slick.
-- Snoopy
Old 07-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
<snip>
Edit: Dammit! that'll teach me not to sleep on the job!
Sorry, I just happened to be waiting for what I knew was coming after you asked what a wishlist is. I'm sure keyword favs aren't exactly the same as wishlists, but who wants everything exactly the same??

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
It does look like you can add it if it does not exist.
Oh... I guess I forgot to spell that out above, but you seem to have that figured out now.

- Andy
Old 07-21-2005, 11:38 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Sorry, I just happened to be waiting for what I knew was coming after you asked what a wishlist is. I'm sure keyword favs aren't exactly the same as wishlists, but who wants everything exactly the same?? - Andy
Yeah ya got me
from the survivor series... I've been bamboozled!
-- Snoopy
Old 07-22-2005, 01:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

I just wish it could be filtered a little... I stuck "King Arthur" in there as I'm interested in the 5th/6th centuries in Britain and they are generally shown in some kind of reference to King Arthur if they make it to TV. But it keeps recording some naff kid's show called "King Arthur's Disasters". Be nice if it could be filtered a little more!
Old 07-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Administrator

BTW: I couldn't say anything the other day, but now that the v3 beta is out, there is one hidden (but soon to be available in the UI) filtering option for keyword favorites: put "TITLE:" (all CAPS w/o the quotes) in front of the keyword to have the fav search only show titles instead of most of the show's detailed info. In the next version, you won't have to add the special text -- you will be asked whether to search all fields or titles only.

(And before you ask, that's the only keyword filter right now.)

Oh, and I might as well put this in the SageTV Software forum finally.

- Andy
Old 07-24-2005, 06:26 AM
Sage Expert

Very nice Opus. You is one COOL CAT!
-- Snoopy