SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-21-2003, 04:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

A few config questions

OK I've been playing with Sage for a bit and really like it. I am about to buy it I just have a few questions first. (actually 4, sorry)

1) Is there anyway to have my recorded shows (the ones I actually set sage to record) save in a different folder from the ones that it is always buffering?

2) I want to configure XMLTV since I am not going to have an Inet connection on my PVR. Is there a way to delete the current guide that it has already downloaded as I want to test out XMLTV?

3) Is there anyway to disable network activitly completley from Sage so I know Sage is not communicating anyway?

4) I went to configure my remote that came with my PVR250. It is the grey one. When I tell Sage in detailed setup what function I want to program, than it asks me to point the remote at the sensor and press the button that I want to control that function, I do but nothing happens on the screen nor does that button do what I just tried configuring it to do.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to iron out my wrinkles. Even with these issues Sage is by far the best in picture quality. I setup Snapstream and Showfinder and they aren't even comparable in picture quality. Snapstream has a bit better GUI but one day I am hoping Sage becomes Skinnable so then it'll be all good!!!

Thanks!!!
Old 07-21-2003, 06:08 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

1) Not currently, everything is saved to the designated folders for SageTV. However, they do sort to some level. The manual recordings are always at the top, then the favorites and then the buffered or intelligent recordings.

2) I don't have an aswer for this one but I would assume once you enable XMLTV, it would overwrite anything you currently have.

3) What exactly do you mean by this? SageTV doesn't interact across a network, other than via TCP/IP for the SageTV EPG Service unless you enable it to interact with a network encoding server or the SageTV Client.

4) The Hauppauge remote isn't configurable through Detailed Setup. You will actually have to edit the text file that is located in the Common Folder in the SageTV directory. There's a more detailed explanation at http://www.sage.tv/HaupIRRemoteMaps1.txt.

Hope that helps and we are looking forward to giving our users the power of skinning in the coming months.

Dan
Old 07-21-2003, 06:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you for the quick responce. Just support alone is enough to sell me. Once I setup/configure xmltv I will be buying.

Just some follow up quesitons/responces.

1) It does sort it in Sage itself but not when I'm viewing the .mpgs though explorer as they are just sorted alphabetically. I think it would be great if we can specifiy where to save the manually recorded shows.

3) I would like to disable all Tcp/ip activity from Sage so I know it is not going out on the net.

4) Great I will try and do the remote configuration.

Skins would be like putting the icing on the cake. I don't know if this is proper or not so if not please remove it from my post, but take a look at the screen shots of the guide of mythtv. www.mythtv.org. The guides look great and they have a preview picture. That would be cool!! Thanks agian.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:51 AM
Sage User

Hi Kevthor,

For your questions:

1) I agree. Saving different recording options to different directories would be an excellent feature, but currently it is not possible.

2) The EPG data is stored within the Wiz.bin file in the SageTV directory. The file is in its own, proprietary format (another thing I think needs to be changed) so you can't edit it. When you set up the XMLTV plugin, the Sage-native EPG listings will be removed from the file and it will be repopulated with the data from XMLTV. If you later decide to use the Sage-native EPG again, the XMLTV data will be stripped from the file and replaced with the Sage data.

3) If you really want to be sure that Sage isn't accessing the network, there are a few things you can do:
a) Pull the network cable.
b) Restrict the Sage box's IP at your external router.
c) Use firewall software like "ZoneAlarm" or any other firewall software which notifies you of both incoming and outgoing network requests.

Also, my understanding is that skinning is in the works and expected to be in the next update late next month.

pb