SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Sage User

NeroVision Express 3 can't open Sage recordings

Hi, I am on a test run of SageTV trial and am using PVR-150. The videos recorded in Sage play without any problem. However, I can't add them to NeroVision Express project. The error message states "Unable to instert xyz.mpg". Files recorded directly with Hauppauge WinTV application don't have this problem.

SageTV is using the same card as WinTV (I only have one), so why would there be a problem? I also tried recording in 3 different formats in Sage: DVD Standard, DVD Long Play and DVD Extra Long Play. Same problem.

BTW, there was not much PQ difference between the 3 formats. Don't know if that could be related.

Really appreciate any help...
Old 06-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Sage User

I ran into this same situation a few weeks back and exchanged emails with Nero support guys. Apparently they broke something in a recent update and they sent me a fix to download called something like "NVEPatch.exe". Installing the patch then allowed NVE to import the mpg files.

One gotcha...if you've tried to import an mpg and it failed, NVE keeps a log somewhere and refuses to try the file again so test it out on a new file or rename your mpg file before you try to import it again.

Kevin W.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:40 AM
Sage User

Thanks Ripple, I got it working. And thanks for the file rename advice -- saved lots of head scratching.

I am still experimenting with NeroVision and am a bit confused about why it tells me that some files are too large. The sage mpg files are 4GB or less and I am not making any menus, just a simple DVD.