SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Sage Icon

Without deleting the media? Unlikely.

The only reasonable way I could see resolving this would be to get Partition Magic, delete (or move if you have free space somewhere else) all your media files, defragment, and resize your C:\ partition to only be as big as it HAS to be (take into account your swap file), then create a 'new' media partition and give it a drive letter you can use.

You can't just re-map that drive to a different letter on the server because your system has boot files on it, and doing so will most likely kill your server.

As an alternative, you could always reinstall windows to c:.

I had to install windows on a non-c:\ drive once because of a drive failure, and ran into so many problems that I had to reinstall again. It sucks, but if you're just getting your system running, it may be a 'cleaner' option.

If all this is seeming too complicated (I think it is) you should look more into UNC paths, I don't like them personally, but a lot of people use them with little/no issues. Unfortunately, I'm not as well versed in this method, so I wouldn't know where to start.

Last edited by Crashless; 06-04-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:34 AM
Sage User

this is how i resolved the sharing issue. When you create the share on the Server, specify a specific user account with Read (maybe Write) access.

On client side, do a drive mapping to the share drive and be sure to select "login as a different user" in the drive mapping box. Login with "servername\username" and the "password" (no quotes of course) of the specific account from above step. Also choose to remember the password. If the drive map successfully, you can disconnect it and you're done. SageTV Client should work w/ comskip now.

on one occasion, i was having problem mapping b/c the user login box would come up w/ the server's Guest account and won't let me change it. This can be resolved through DOS using the "net use" command w/ the specific account from above. If the "net use" doesn't work, try going to Run and type in "\\servername" and you may be prompt to log in. Login w/ specific account and password w/ remember password option checked.