SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-17-2003, 10:33 AM
Sage User

Repeating Channel Numbers?

A/B cable works with 2 tuners, but:

In my area, A and B cable are two different physical cables, each with its own set of programming. Because of this, lots of channel numbers are used on both cables.

When I press the channel number, SageTV just switches me to a tuner with a channel with that number, which isn't really what I wanted.

Is there a way to tell SageTV that the two tuners have completely different sets of programming, so that SageTV will only use one tuner at a time when watching live TV?
Old 07-17-2003, 01:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

In Sage Guide, won't both sets of channel numbers appear showing independent programs? Then don't you just choose the program you want to record (or watch).

I understand that this may be a problem for SageRecorder if you need to enter "copy channel 7 at 7pm for 1 hour", but for SageTV you would do more like "copy Law&Order" and it would, no matter which channel it's on.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:37 PM

Are you saying that you've successfully mapped all your A channels to one tuner and all your B channels to another tuner? So the result is you don't have a problem selecting a show to record from the right tuner properly. But since channel X may be used on both tuners it's the remote or keyboard numpad entries that are the problem. Is that the gist of it or did I totally misunderstand?
Old 07-17-2003, 02:30 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Are you saying that you've successfully mapped all your A channels to one tuner and all your B channels to another tuner?
Yes, that is correct.

Quote:

So the result is you don't have a problem selecting a show to record from the right tuner properly. But since channel X may be used on both tuners it's the remote or keyboard numpad entries that are the problem. Is that the gist of it or did I totally misunderstand?
Yes, that is correct -- numpad and channel up/down doesn't work well because of the way SageTV merges the channel lists together. Is there a way around this?
Old 07-17-2003, 03:09 PM

Not that I currently know of. I was hoping it was something different. The only thing I can think of is what you are probably already doing. Using the remote to go to the guide and then select the correct show/channel from there. Sorry. Maybe Jeff knows something to help.