SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-25-2005, 02:06 PM

Upgrade from Client to server?

Hey guys.. I've been using Sage now for about a year with the setup of a Sage server in my office wtih a Hauppauge 250 streaming live tv and recorded to my client box in my living room.

Well the wife surprised me for my birthday and got me a 150 low profile card (the main reason i never set up the server in my living room was b.c. of a low profile box)

Anyway, i was just wondering if there was an easy way to upgrade a client machine to a server without losing all of my settings. I have everything pretty much set up exactly how i want it and i'd hate to have to go through all the image tweaking again.. although if i'm SOL then so be it..

What i'd like is to have the living room HTPC be my main recording/live TV device and use my office PC for secondary recordings....

Is this possible or am i just going to have to set it all up from scratch??

Thanks..
TK
Old 04-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Sage Icon

If the 2 PC's had identical hardware, you could probably do it pretty easily. But the SageTV .properties files also store information based on the PC hardware installed, not just the settings you configured inside SageTV.
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming