SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok...I am now slowly working on the next version. Firstly I tried tackling the automation of creating divx files, after I get over that hurdle the other things I recall people asking for shouldn't be too bad. However, if anyone has specific requests I'd appreciate them being posted. I'll do my best to go back through and shift out the previous ones.

-AJ
Old 06-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Sage User

I noticed that if you run sageencoder through sagetv, if you exit the program while sageencoder is still running, it won't start back up. The service still runs in the background but the only way i've gotten the program to resume is by manually shutting down the process of sageencoder.

Also, while the file compressed properly, it never moved to the target directory and sageencoder still said it was encoding the file for over a day. The compressed file is complete and plays great.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddman
I noticed that if you run sageencoder through sagetv, if you exit the program while sageencoder is still running, it won't start back up. The service still runs in the background but the only way i've gotten the program to resume is by manually shutting down the process of sageencoder.
This is an issue with any external program that Sage initiates. Until that program ends Sage won't start back up (see commercial skip, etc).

Quote:
Also, while the file compressed properly, it never moved to the target directory and sageencoder still said it was encoding the file for over a day. The compressed file is complete and plays great.
So sageencoder hadn't moved on to another file? It was just sitting there waiting for that one file to finish processing?
Old 07-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Sage User

Exactly.

Also, when VideoReDo is checked, the file never moves on from "processing" -- I do have VideoRedo installed in the proper directory.

Out of curiousity, for DivX support, is it possible to call VirtualDub by commandline? I've read conflicting things about this. If so, how can you set the compression? For some reason it always goes back to RAW compression.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Exactly.

Also, when VideoReDo is checked, the file never moves on from "processing" -- I do have VideoRedo installed in the proper directory.
It sounds like one of the programs isn't installed correctly or Sage Encoder doesn't have access to your output directory or some such thing. I guess I'd double check the setup and/or copy a file over to a test dir and get rid of triggers and VideoReDo and see what happens. If needed there's a debug version I posted to try and nail down problems a little bit better, but usually it turns out to be something in someone's setup. See my post here.
Quote:
Out of curiousity, for DivX support, is it possible to call VirtualDub by commandline? I've read conflicting things about this. If so, how can you set the compression? For some reason it always goes back to RAW compression.
I'm working to get it working that way. There's a way to save your settings and then call those up. Once I get some time I think I've got it worked out and just need to impliment it.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Divx virtualdub support added

Just posted v0.2.4 with a beta version of divx output support. This requires that you download virtualdub but is otherwise as automated as encoding wmv files. At present the resulting avi files are left in your input directory. Also the divx output box will NOT stay checked and must be selected each time you start sage encoder (so that it's a conscious decision to use it while it's beta). Please let me know if there are problems. I HIGHLY recommend that you create your own SE.vcf file and not rely on the one provided to work.

As always - see the first post for detailed install instructions and the latest files.

-AJ
Old 07-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Sage User

Hi,
I've been trying to set up SageEncoder with the webserver. I've tried using both v1.0 and 1.4 Webserver changes, both of which give me this message when I click on Sage Recordings.

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.Airing.printAiringTableCell(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljava/io/PrintWriter;ZZ)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.Airing.printAiringTableCell(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljava/io/PrintWriter;ZZ)V
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RecordingsServlet.doServletGet(RecordingsServlet.java:226)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:128)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1530)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1505)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1394)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I'm using the latest versions of everything involved.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:56 AM
SageTVaholic

the latest webserver does not work with the webserver mods in the sageencoder... I think it was based on webserver 1.4. I am currently working on webserver 1.7 which will include the sageencoder support, but have been busy in real life which has delayed it a bit!
Old 07-09-2005, 04:56 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the response.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, I could use a little feedback (positive and/or negative) - I'd like to do another release this weekend, so is the divx encoding working for everyone? Any other problems?

Things on the list:
- Save the Divx checkbox so it'll work on startup
- add keep out time for when not to process
- possibly add 4th or dynamic number of input directories
- what else am I missing?

-AJ
Old 07-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Sage User

Feature Request

Add a feature to start encoding and stop encoding during certain time frames. I have my htpc on 24x7. I rarely encode anything between 2am and 8am. Why not run sageEncoder at high priority between those hours, and low priority/sleep mode otherwise?

It could be on all the time, or run in "batch mode". Basically I don't want SageEncoder to run while comskip and sage are working on recording all my shows during "PrimeTime" from 6 to 11 PM. Especially when my friends/family are over =)

/Tdog
XP Pro, SageTV v4, 2.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (FSB 800 MHz), 512 MB DDR400 Dual Channel Memory, 80 GB WD SATA (internal), 250 GB WD SATA (external - usb 2.0), Gainward Nvidia FX5200, Shuttle XPC SB61G2 V3, NEC 3500A 16x DVD Single Layer, 4x DL, PVR 250 MCE, PVR USB2, USB-UIRT, StreamZap remote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Sage User

SageEncoder usage question

I am using Cayars17, and Nielms web server 1.4, with SageEncoder (latest beta 2.0.4b?).

All my shows are saved on c:\. (My system drive is h: because of a stupid usb card reader - but thats another story)....

I do NOT use compression with Cayars setup. Is it required for SageEncoder to work properly?

How should I configure the SageEncoder directories? I currently have input as c:\, jobs as c:\jobs (is this right?), and c:\output for the output folder.

Should the jobs folder be the same as the input folder? When I push "encode" from the WebServer a mpg.wse file gets created but nothing happens with SageEncoder.

Help!

/Tdog
XP Pro, SageTV v4, 2.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (FSB 800 MHz), 512 MB DDR400 Dual Channel Memory, 80 GB WD SATA (internal), 250 GB WD SATA (external - usb 2.0), Gainward Nvidia FX5200, Shuttle XPC SB61G2 V3, NEC 3500A 16x DVD Single Layer, 4x DL, PVR 250 MCE, PVR USB2, USB-UIRT, StreamZap remote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltman
I am using Cayars17, and Nielms web server 1.4, with SageEncoder (latest beta 2.0.4b?).

All my shows are saved on c:\. (My system drive is h: because of a stupid usb card reader - but thats another story)....

I do NOT use compression with Cayars setup. Is it required for SageEncoder to work properly?

How should I configure the SageEncoder directories? I currently have input as c:\, jobs as c:\jobs (is this right?), and c:\output for the output folder.

Should the jobs folder be the same as the input folder? When I push "encode" from the WebServer a mpg.wse file gets created but nothing happens with SageEncoder.

Help!

/Tdog
So it sounds like you only plan to use SageEncoder to encode files selected via the Webserver - is that correct? If so, you need to makes sure that the "Allow Web Triggers" option is selected. This is the only way that SageEncoder will look at the mpg.wse files.

As far as your directory setup it looks good. One note is that the jobs directory only matters if you plan to select which files are encoded from Cayars STV (and thus have the "Use Job File Trigger" option selected).

Hope that helps.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

v0.3.0 released

Just released v0.3.0 with support of no processing times. Also made it so that the Divx checkbox state is saved.

The no processing time works as follows: If SageEncoder has started a loop with 10 files it plans to encode, it will finish the one it is currently processing and then skip the rest if time has crossed over into the no processing zone. Unfortunately this may still be 30 mins in before it reacts, so set the stop processing time early enough to allow for this processing lag.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Any idea on these error logs:

9/5/2005 5:52:24 PM: processing D:\MyVideos\jobs\EbertRoeper-833005-0.mpg.xml
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file "D:\MyVideos\jobs\wmelog.txt" because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
at WME.wme.processFiles(String searchExtension, String log, Boolean& flag, String idir, String existingExtension, Boolean& filesProcessed, String directory)
9/5/2005 5:52:24 PM: Trimming file...
9/5/2005 5:52:25 PM: Trim failed on EbertRoeper-833005-0.mpg
9/5/2005 5:52:25 PM: Encoding file...
9/5/2005 5:52:59 PM: No files processed.
9/5/2005 5:52:59 PM: Done!

Sage 3.07, Cayars18
Old 09-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhageman
Any idea on these error logs:

9/5/2005 5:52:24 PM: processing D:\MyVideos\jobs\EbertRoeper-833005-0.mpg.xml
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file "D:\MyVideos\jobs\wmelog.txt" because it is being used by another process.

Sage 3.07, Cayars18
I've seen this in the past but never on my machine. The error indication is that the log file that keeps track of which files have previously been encoded is in use by some other program. It's possible that Sage Encoder crashed and didn't release the file and/or do you have it open in something? At any rate, is this a regularly occurring event or just every now and again? A reboot may solve the issue...
Old 09-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Sage User

WOW! ajuhawk, your work on this is going great!!! keep it up!!

peace
seamonkey420
200GB + 80GB int HD, 100GB ext
NmediaPC HTPC case w/remote/keyboard
19" & 15" LCD monitors

Sony PSP
"knowledge is power, spread the power"
http://seamonkey420.tech-recipes.com
Old 09-08-2005, 04:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkey420
WOW! ajuhawk, your work on this is going great!!! keep it up!!

peace
seamonkey420
Actually, I haven't been doing much with it lately. Since there's been no feedback I've kinda assumed that it must be perfect and doing exactly what everyone wants it to

Ok, so there are still some items on the todo list... but more user feedback would definately be helpful!
Old 09-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, I'm not getting the previous errors, but SageEncoder still isn't working. If I hit "Compress" in Cayars, it writes a XML file to my "jobs" folder and SageEncoder starts and here is the log:

9/8/2005 8:39:44 AM: processing D:\MyVideos\jobs\CSINY-TheCloser-1447423-0.mpg.xml
9/8/2005 8:39:44 AM: Trimming file...
9/8/2005 8:39:44 AM: Trim failed on CSINY-TheCloser-1447423-0.mpg
9/8/2005 8:39:44 AM: Encoding file...
9/8/2005 8:40:12 AM: No files processed.
9/8/2005 8:40:12 AM: Done!

Trimming fails, but I can live with that. SE says that it is encoding the file, but it doesn't write a file to the destination folder and, as you can see, says that "no file was processed".

Any suggestions? If there are any other logs I can provide, let me know.

Many thanks!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hate to be a PITA, but I got this error when I went to "Sage Recordings" on my Nielm webserver:

Exception while processing servlet:
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RecordingsServlet.doServletGet(RecordingsServlet.java:226)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:128)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1530)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1505)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1394)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This is non-urgent since I just reverted to the previous properties files.