SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Sage User

Unhappy "SageTV Recordings" only displaying one item?

Very strange. Sage was running great when I left for two weeks of vacation last month but something has gone crazy. Only the most current recording is being displayed on the list. I've tried a few things to fix it:

Restart Sage
Upgrade to the latest stable version (2.2)
Remove wiz.bin and replace it with wiz.bak (only a day old)

I've read that wiz.bin maintains the record list and the favorites list. Nothing is wrong with my favorites. In fact, shows are being recorded as normal. I can play them back fine on a separate computer on the network. I just can't select any but the most current from the SageTV Recordings list.

I think my next step will be to completely axe wiz.bin and it's backup but I wanted see if there was some alternate advice out there first.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yorick
Old 04-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Normally, I would suggest using the Options command on the SageTV Recordings screen & checking the Display Filter setting. It can't hurt to check that, but your porblem sounds different. (Hmmm... What STV are you using, maybe it is filtering things somehow. Malore's listing style has more filtering options.)

Does SageTV still think the recordings are its own files? See what it says in Setup -> System Info regarding Used Video Diskspace & Content.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Sage Icon

happened to me a while back. The old recordings were sent to the imported videos folder even though they were still in the recordings folder. Replacing it with an older wiz.bin fixed the old recordings and axed some of the newer ones. I backup the wiz.bin and properties files daily.
I wish there was an imort/export feature for the wiz.bin file that way I could have imported the newer files from the newer wiz..
Old 04-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the responses. I've just moved and am now getting back to the problem. Sage is happily recording shows, lets me manage favorites and use the program guide but nothing will show up on the recordings list.

I tried renaming wiz.bin and wiz.bak forcing Sage to start over. I created a couple new favorites and that worked fine but it still wouldn't admit to new recordings in the "SageTV Recordings" list. So, it doesn't look like the problem is a corrupted wiz.bin.

I do not see a "Display Filter" setting in the recordings list. I poked around setup and didn't find anything like that there either. I'm using the stock STV (OriginalV2.STV).

Used Video Diskspace = 96.47 GB
Total Video Content = 1 day 17 hours 51 minutes
Used Library Diskspace = 14.53 GB
Total Library Content = 18 hours 23 minutes

It's using a 120GB drive so this all looks about normal. The SageTV Recordings list currently shows Lost as recording but it'll disappear as soon as it's done. Very odd.

I'm going to reinstall next. Got to get this thing working right so that I can start tinkering around with that HD plugin...

Thanks for the help.

Yorick
Old 04-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorick
I do not see a "Display Filter" setting in the recordings list. I poked around setup and didn't find anything like that there either. I'm using the stock STV (OriginalV2.STV).
You have to use the Options command while on the SageTV Recordings screen to see this setting. See p. 35 in the v2.2 manual.

You could also try removing sage.properties and its autobackup file & then restarting/reconfiguring before going for a complete reinstall.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.