SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:53 AM
Sage Icon

Sony SAT B3 Warning!

FYI the Sony SAT B3 as far as I can tell, and after talking on the phone with DirecTV support DOES NOT support local chanells...ie. Channells below 100. Can anyone who is using the Sony SAT B3 confirm this for me. I just purchased a used one off of Ebay, got the serial cable, hooked it up, had lighting fast channel changes compared to my Actisys, tried to change to my locals and ...nothing. Well, if this is true, as i suspect I will be posting my Sony for sale real soon.
Thanks
JUC
Old 04-05-2005, 09:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hello JUC,

I have a really old Sony SAT-A2 and it does not support channels below 100 either. However, I do receive the local channels, but they are in the 900's. When setting it up for sage (directv-Atlanta) it showed my locals in both the below 100's and in the 900's. Just deactivate the locals in the 100's and activate them in the 900's. I dont know if all directv markets are the same but you should definitely try looking for your locals in other channel ranges.

Good luck.

Jesse
Old 04-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Sage Icon

Jesse, thanks for the suggestion. I am definately going to check that out! I think i do remember seeing some locals in the upper channels when I was setting it up a while ago so that makes sense. Looks like this may not be a lost cause after all.
thanks
JUC
Old 04-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Sage Icon

Well, I called DTV again just to see if I can get my locals on the 800-900 channels and I can't. For those that only have 1 satellite dish, I think it will work on the 800-900's but where i am, they started installing 2 dish's. The locals are retrieved from one dish (72), and the others are from the other dish (101). The older STB's can only retrieve channells from one satellite and not two (which is what I need). Oh well, anyone need a Sony Sat B3? I will post in the Frey Community forums now.
Thanks
JUC
Old 04-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

JUC,

Sorry to hear that. Why not just go for the Directv D10-100? I picked one up at Circuit City for $50.00 and serial control works fine. They are pretty low end and I am sure I would not be happy with how slow it is if I was using the box without sage, but with sage it is just fine.

Take care,
Jesse
Old 04-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Sage Icon

Didn't know they were that cheap. I will definately look into it. Thanks
JUC