SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-01-2005, 08:29 PM

Exclamation Multiple Source, 1 input no longer working

I've used the 'hack' to map 2 input sources to one input since early beta's of version 2. Since 2.2.7 came out, this hasn't been working. I have a PVR-150, using the cable connection and S-Video is hooked up to a Voom box. I have 3 sources defined, 2 for Voom - 1 for OTA locals, and 1 for Satellite, plus the cable connection. I have the OTA locals as the 2nd S-Video input.

The problem seems to be when a program is recorded on the cable input and then needs to switch to the 2nd S-Video connection (the hacked one), the input on the PVR-150 is not changed to S-video and the cable station is recorded. Odd thing is, it seems like the blaster even tells the Voom box to change channels, but the PVR-150 is not changing inputs. This is also true if channel changing through live tv.

Is this something that recently broke? Any ideas on how to fix it. I've basically had to quit using the 2nd S-Video mapping because of the unreliable channel changes.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
2 for Voom - 1 for OTA locals, and 1 for Satellite, plus the cable connection.
I'm confused... From this it sounds like you have 5 sources...

Quote:
I have the OTA locals as the 2nd S-Video input.
The PVR 150 shuold only have 1 composite, 1 Svideo and the coxial cable. There is not second Svideo input.

you can normally do this with two sources per input card. One in the Svideo/composite (since they share the sound in) and one via the coxial cable input.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
I'm confused... From this it sounds like you have 5 sources...

The PVR 150 shuold only have 1 composite, 1 Svideo and the coxial cable. There is not second Svideo input.

you can normally do this with two sources per input card. One in the Svideo/composite (since they share the sound in) and one via the coxial cable input.
The PVR 150 has Composite, SVideo and Coax. The Coax is setup for my local cable and works great. The SVideo is hooked up to my Voom box and is used as 2 different sources. Voom stations come across as 100 and up, where it also contains the local digital stations as under 100. The 100 Up is set up as a Voom source and works great. The under 100 is setup with the 'hack' to allow multiple sources over the same SVideo connection is where I'm having problems.

If I go from anything to the Coax, it works. If I go from anything to Voom, it works. If I go from Voom to Local Digital, it works. If I go from Coax to Local Digital, Sage is not telling the PVR 150 to switch over to the SVideo source and it stays on the Coax input.

I have a feeling that the hack no longer completely works as of 2.2.7. I didn't have any problems with it until then. I would like to know if this is happening to anyone else, or how to get it working. It would be BEST if Sage just allowed multiple sources on the same input and not ask any questions. I don't see why adding a 2nd source to an input should remove the first one.