SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

SageTV Display resolution

I have 2 problems.

The first one is where I'm trying to get SageTV to display in 848x480 mode. I have the desktop set to where that's the resolution and I am using VMR9. My card is the PVR-350 with hardware turned off so I'm not outputting S Video. I've tried the Sage and InterVideo Codec's with no change in behavior.

When I run SageTV the PJ says it's displaying 1024x768 and I believe it is because channel logo's are distorted and it looks like chunks are missing from the logo. I'm using a DVI cable to an Infocus SP4805 if that makes any difference, no VGA or S Video or Composite video. The graphic card in the computer is an Nvidia FX5700.

So, why does SageTV make my resolution change?

The second problem is the video blanks out if I'm on the main menu after a period of time, to get it back I have to either manually change resolutions or play back a recording and cancel it, then go back to the main menu.

Any Clues?
Old 03-29-2005, 10:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Sage doesn't change resolutions. Do you have Powerstrip installed? Maybe it's detecting Sage and changin the resolution.

The blanking sounds like a projector issue, possibly exacerbated or caused by something on the PC. You don't need to worry about burn in on that PJ, so I would just disable the Windows screensaver entirely.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

No, I don't have any screensavers active anywhere and powerstrip isn't installed. I have the 71.84 drivers and they do the same thing as powerstrip as far as custom resolutions go.

I bet it's how I'm running it. I have a dual display and the primary is 1024x768 with the secondary being the SP 4805 and the display is set to move my video over there.

I'll switch it around in a second and see.

OK, here's what is happening I think. The program opens on the 1024x768 window no matter how I set things up, i.e. I tried to force it to open on the sp4805 using manager and it wouldn't do so. I made the 4805 primary and the other secondary and it still opened on the 1024x768 even though that's not the primary.

I think if I could get SageTV to open on the lower res display it would work out, so how would I do that? Does anybody have 2 monitors attached and uses one of them for SageTV and the other for computer work? My HTPC serves double duty and I need a second monitor.

Last edited by cummings66; 03-30-2005 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

I managed to get it to work by moving the program to the display I wanted it on, then setting it up for full screen.

The odd thing is that for some reason it now will open when I first run it on the right screen and it would not do so before.

It's doing better and the software playback is fair using the Nvidia codec's, on slow movement or stationary it's the equal of the S video out on the PVR-350, but on fast movement it just won't compare. The good thing is I don't have to worry about lockups and audio sync issues this way.

So right now it's doing what I want and how I want with only a few minor issues.