SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-18-2005, 05:53 PM
Sage User

Sage Video rendering Error Query

I have just assembled a PVR with a VIA EPIA-M1000 MB, Maxtor 250 GB HD, a WinTV PVR-350 card, and SageTV 2.2 software.

The TV plays fine through WinTV 2000; however, when I try to watch the TV through SAGE I receive the following error message: "Sage Playback exception: Error (-4,0x0): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback."

This error message is not covered in the Sage manual. Any suggestions to resolve this problem?

Last edited by saclarkdoc; 03-20-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Sage User

I got the same error two days ago. Not sure waht to do...

I had the Nvidia trial codec and it expired. I changed to a different codec and it works;

Mike

Last edited by mcragoe; 03-19-2005 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Sage User

Note back to Mike

Mike - I finally got my system to work by making a change in my Sage Setup. I changed the mpeg decoder from 'default' to 'intervideo non-css decoder.' Not sure why this solved the problem, but it did.

By the way, I would not find any references to codecs in either the Sage or WinTV manuals. Pardon my ignorance with codecs but what are they, where do you get them, and how do you install them?