SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Sage User

Intelligent recording glitch?

I installed a 2nd tuner about a week ago. Every since the new tuner keeps recording stuff for me that falls in line with most of my favorites (comedy). The original tuner does not, every show that is recorded is with the "new" tuner. When I looked at the Detailed Setup -> General -> Intelligen Recording it was disabled. Restarting Sage, even rebooting the PC, did not help. I come home from work and have 6-10 shows recorded that I don't want to watch nor have the HDDs waste their time spinning to record.

The work around seems to be enable Intelligent Recodring, exit Sage, start Sage, disable Intelligent Recording. It has been two hours and no new shows thus far. This just me or is that a flaw in the program?
Old 03-16-2005, 11:01 PM
Administrator

What is that 2nd tuner? What version of SageTV are you running? It sounds like perhaps the tuner is just recording whatever happens to be on the same channel after it records some scheduled show.

On the other hand... I don't know of such an IR bug, but you never know.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:34 PM
Sage User

I am still using ver 2.1.?? (whatever was available for d/l from sagetv.com as of about 60 days ago). I asked if I should upgrade to 2.2 or wait here and it was suggested wait until the service bug was fixed in 2.2 before upgrading since 2.1 is working for me.

First tuner in the system is a Haupague 250
Second tuner is an Avermedia MCE 1500

It was mostly the comedy central channel, not sure if any other channels were recorded. There was not enough shows to fill up an entire day and I would watch other recordings at night. So between thise two from what I read that stops the live TV capture. All the shows were listed in the Recordings menu as the indiviual shows (not sure how the live TV buffer shows up to compare). I'll see tonight when I get home if more stuff recorded. I hope not since I am headed out of town for 9 days and don't want all that wasted space.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Administrator

By default, live TV shows are deleted shortly after the airing is over. I'm guessing that there could possibly be an issue with the Avermedia MCE 1500, where it isn't getting used correctly. I didn't see it on the list of supported cards, so there is a chance that it needs something added to SageTV for full support.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.