SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-15-2005, 12:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Angry this is ridiculous!

I had some "unknown" system glitch that I thought corrupted my wiz.bin file, but it didn't

Now after rebuilding the entire computer, new winxp install and everything else... I cannot for the life of me get SageTV to quit popping up the "what do you want to do with "some name" file" message...

when it did this the last time it was my sonic codecs (I uninstalled and reinstalled them which fixed it back then), but I did that this time and I still get the the message described above (when using Cayasr STV v17) or SageTV will just quit playing the video and exit to the recordings menu (when using the original stv)

I got it to stop yesterday by uninstalling the video card and reinstalling with the same drivers as before... but this time that didn't work...

PS. before, I had been running the same exact setup I have now flawlessly for over 6 months, and now this stuff starts happening

Anyone have some advice? HELP!!!

BTW: I have tried all sorts of different combinations of renderers and codecs with unrepeatable results... then main thing is that with the same renderer/codec setup I had before, sometimes SageTV will work as it is supposed to and sometimes it won't
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?

Last edited by reboot_this; 03-15-2005 at 12:32 PM.