SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sage forgets to STOP recording?!

Yesterday morning my machine locked up while playing a video from live TV (running Sage 2.1)... I rebooted and found that it asked me for the startup info.. (Country, then asked my Zip code, etc..)

Anyhow, I went through and set up my tuner and various settings, but had to set up all the settings from scratch... We've noticed that since this occured, whenever we view Live TV, then hit Stop, it stops playing, but keeps recording... It will even pick up on the next show and start recording it. Tonight, it recorded a scheduled show, then recorded the next show (even though it wasn't a scheduled show!)... and yes, Intelligent recording is disabled... I'm using the Cayars skin, if that makes a difference...

Anyone else have this problem where your Sage just won't stop recording?

Paul
Old 03-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Found this problem referenced in another post, which pointed me to the FAQ thread... About to read it now...

Just strange that this problem started up all of a sudden after a crash....
Old 03-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

as long as your watching sage is recording
Old 03-14-2005, 08:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, I know that.. But when I hit Stop when watching Live TV, Sage used to actually stop recording... Now it stops playing the show, but keeps recording...

I following Stanger89's suggest in the FAQ:

Quote:
Q: What if I don't want to put sage to Sleep? I don't want to see the Windows desktop on my dedicated HTPC.

A: Use the "Screensaver on Sleep" function.
In Detailed Setup -> Multimedia there is a box "Screensaver on Sleep" which causes Sage to kick in its screensaver instead of returning to the Windows desktop when you "Sleep" Sage. That way you can put Sage to sleep and never have to see the Windows Desktop. Also any key will bring Sage out of the Screensaver mode.
But, I dont have that option on my Multimedia tab, whether I'm using the Cayars skin or the "OriginalV2" skin...
Old 03-14-2005, 09:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, I was thinking of installing the new version and poking around with it to see if I could stop this behavior, but "The Medium" came on, so I can't touch the machine for another hour..

Ah well.. Tomorrow night I'll try again to fix this...
Old 03-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, I got a chance to work on this a bit more tonight... I installed the newest version of Sage (2.27) and it is working as I would expect it to now... Not sure what was corrupted, but it's fixed now..