SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

Question No audio out using SPDIF

Hello,

I finally got a chance to get sage set up and running. I have (so far) encountered one glitch, which I'm sure is some error on my part.

I am using a sony dss receiver (serial control) and a pvr500mce along with a Denon Avr3805 for playback. I am using SVID and Analog stereo from the dss receiver to the pvr500mce. When using the spdif out on my maudio D410 soundcard I get no audio at all. I set it to default in the audio portion of the windows control panel and tried the default audio renderer in sage settings. This did not work so I tried setting the spdif as the direct sound setting in sage audio renderer settings and still no go. If I open the maudio control panel while viewing a program with sage it indicates that there is an audio signal on the spdif output.

I am not in front of the sage machine now, but from memory the audio decoder options were default, MPEG, and SageTv MPEG(?). I tried all three with no luck.

When I switch to using a pair of the analog outs on the sound card everything works fine.

I am guessing this has something to do with the audio decoder and not the renderer. I have checked out some other threads, and it sure seems like most folks have a lot more audio decoder options than I do. I am, therefore, guessing that I need to aquire some other audio decoder to get this to work.

Somebody please tell me this is just noob ignorance...

(ps. I double checked the digital audio assign on the receiver and verified that it was correct as well as tested it with another audio source and it worked just fine)

Thanks in advance,

Jesse
Old 03-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Problem is most likely the mixer settings in the M-Audio control panel. On the monitor mixer tab, make sure the input is set for Mixer. Also, in the Windows Audio properties, make sure that the default device is the M-Audio Delta SPDIF.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Also try setting your audio Renderer to "M-Audio Delta..." in the Audio settings.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

Well, I got it to work. It was pretty late last night and I must have missed the correct combination (thought I had tried them all). Turns out that with maudio spdif as default in windows, maudio spdif as the direct out in sage, and the decoder set to MPEG all is well.

Guess I was just too tired to get it right.

Thanks for the help guys.

Jesse