SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-12-2005, 02:06 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Addendum to Fix for VMR FF/REW problem

After reading the great posts in the QUARTZ.DLL sticky thread, http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=8831, I wanted to know if anyone else has good results by trying the following to fix it:

* Go to the DOS prompt (CMD) and enter the SYSTEM32 directory. Type "REGSVR32 quartz.dll /u"
* Delete the QUARTZ.DLL from the SYSTEM32 directory and from the DLLCACHE directory and any other directories the old version may be found in.
* Copy the QUARTZ.DLL from the first post of that Sticky thread (about this problem) to your SYSTEM32 directory.
* type REGSVR32 QUARTZ.DLL

You should then get a message that QUARTZ.DLL has been registered, or something to that effect.

Soon after doing this, Windows will prompt you for your XP CD because the System File Checker says a system file has been replaced. If you hit Cancel, you will get a message saying that Windows will not try to replace this file in the future.

Do this all in regular mode (not Safe Mode).

It seems to work for me at this time. I'd like to hear if it works for anyone else...

Lauren

Last edited by laurenglenn; 03-12-2005 at 02:10 AM.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Sage Icon

I haven't tried this but alternatively you could probably replace the quartz.dll first in the dllcache folder then replace the one in the system32 folder. Then when SFC tries to replace the file it will be using the quartz.dll you wanted in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenglenn
After reading the great posts in the QUARTZ.DLL sticky thread, http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=8831, I wanted to know if anyone else has good results by trying the following to fix it:

* Go to the DOS prompt (CMD) and enter the SYSTEM32 directory. Type "REGSVR32 quartz.dll /u"
* Delete the QUARTZ.DLL from the SYSTEM32 directory and from the DLLCACHE directory and any other directories the old version may be found in.
* Copy the QUARTZ.DLL from the first post of that Sticky thread (about this problem) to your SYSTEM32 directory.
* type REGSVR32 QUARTZ.DLL

You should then get a message that QUARTZ.DLL has been registered, or something to that effect.

Soon after doing this, Windows will prompt you for your XP CD because the System File Checker says a system file has been replaced. If you hit Cancel, you will get a message saying that Windows will not try to replace this file in the future.

Do this all in regular mode (not Safe Mode).

It seems to work for me at this time. I'd like to hear if it works for anyone else...

Lauren
Old 03-14-2005, 04:59 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
I haven't tried this but alternatively you could probably replace the quartz.dll first in the dllcache folder then replace the one in the system32 folder. Then when SFC tries to replace the file it will be using the quartz.dll you wanted in the first place.
That may work. I haven't tried it yet..... because once your system starts working, as tempting as it is, it's best not to "test the waters" I've been guilty of that from time to time.

The only problem I could see is like the problem I was having with the PortCLS.SYS (?) file fix. Every time I changed the DLL cache and the one in the system32 folder, it would always reload the file from the SP2.CAB for service pack 2.... One thing about Microsoft is that they don't give you a choice to ignore the System File Checker.

Lauren

P.S. And I still love your Avatar.... Very funny....
Old 03-18-2005, 05:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

LaurenGlenn,
I tried this and it kindof worked. followed the instructions to the letter. Right after I deleted the quartz.dll, windows replaced it with the 9c version. I then deleted it from dllcache and then from system32 and it came up with the requestor you refer to. I canceled out of that and then copied the old/thread quartz.dll to the system32 dir and reregistered it. it then came up with the requester again. I dismissed it and the quartz.dll I put in there seemed to stick.
wierd.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
It helps but I still have the issue. It goes away after a few minutes however. I went back to overlay and it still does it but only for a few seconds. I also tried another trick I found elsewhere.

Get the Hauppauge Tweak Tool from here http://www.cask-of-amontillado.com/pvr_tweak.html Go to your respective tuner and adjust the static temporal or static spatial filter to 4 or 0. It made things much clearer for me.