SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

major system crash problems ever since

I have had sage running perfect for a few months, when suddenly my computer shut itself down with a siren going wouldn't restart. My southbridge fan went out on the motherboard. So I got a new motherboard still wouldn't run properly returned the motherboard got a new powersupply got it up and running but it fried one of my hard drives had to reinstall windows mce. had backups of sage so I reinstalled sage replaced the properties and wiz.bin got it working after a lot of messing with different driversfor my 150 and 3 250s. Wasn't too stable though. Removed properties files resetup tuners remote and reloaded stv cayars 17. Seemed alright but then it would freeze up closing files deleting and starting sometimes it would start the adio and I would have to go back until it would show video. Seems like it mainly hangs when recording shows. Today for the first time it restarted the computer when I tried too delete a show. Anybody have any idea what is wrong with it?? Please help after just getting my wife to start using it instead of our dish 522. Now she is afraid to use it. Honesly so am I. Please help..
Old 03-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Sage Icon

It sounds like it's something to do with your hardware, what are you using?
Old 03-12-2005, 07:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

abit nf7s ver2
athlon xp2500
ocz 512mb dualchannel
pny6600gt agp (NEW)
vantec ion2 powersupply (NEW)
2 hard drives maxtor 250 gb sata and western digital 200GB. ( waiting for my replacement 120gb western digital.)
1 pvr150 retail
1 pvr250 retail
2 pvr250mce's from frey
usbuirt
windows mce 2005
sage 2.27 running service.

It was working great before the power supply went out and fried a harddrive.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:35 AM
Sage Icon

The obvious conclusion would be that something other than just the power supply and harddrive must have gotten damaged. Your parts sound like a recipe for overclocking.

Maybe something is still wrong with your motherboard/cpu/tuner cards?? Your gonna have to do some troubleshooting to narrow this one down. I'd start by adding the tuners one at a time maybe?
Old 03-12-2005, 07:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks I'll try that. Originally I was going to overclock decided Ididn't need to.