SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Recorder Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Recorder Software Discussion related to the SageTV Recorder application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Recorder should be posted here.

Old 03-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Sage User

Error message and multituner support

HI !

Just downloaded the trial version of SageTV recorder as I am looking for a recording application for my new Hauppauge PVR 500 dualtuner card.

I set up everything the way I think it is supposed to but everytime I try to enable the preview, I get an error message. (See attached picture)

I have tried with both of the available tuners but cannot get it to work.

Second question: How would I be able to record one show and watch another one using SageTV recorder ? The way I see it , I can only change the active capture devices in the multimedia portion of the settings.

Thanks for your help !
Bye,
Alex
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.JPG (14.2 KB, 895 views)
Old 03-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Sage User

HI again,

since the error message says something is wrong the audio portion of the graph, I checked the audio settings again. Maybe the problem is that the PVR500 card records audio directly and not through an external soundcard. Under "Audio patch input" in the settings I can only choose between the audio card inputs.

It does not matter which audio renderer oder audio decoder I set up there by the way.

Bye,
Alex
Old 03-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Sage User

Oh, I searched the forum and it seems like the PVR150/500 cards are not supported in SageTV Recorder ????

Oh thats bad, I hate all those MCE style applications like SageTV, beyondTV etc. I just want a working TV application (like Dscaler) that can record also (preferably also two shows at the same time)

Will SageTV Recorder support the PVR500 soon ???

Please .....

Thanks,
Alex
Old 01-04-2006, 10:12 AM

The PVR500 MCE

Like you, I was frustrated less by Hauppauge (with which I've had many good experiences during the last few years) -- and more frustrated by Microsoft, Snapstream -- and now, just a little -- by SageTV and its Sage TV Recorder.

Hauppauge did wondrous things on its single tuner cards with WinTV2000, and I miss the interface it provides. And Hauppauge can't be easily faulted for shipping their "white-box" PVR-500 MCE for use with XP MCE version. It DOES work with XP Pro and Home -- that much I can guaranteed with my brief but frustrated experience this week with BeyondTV (by Snapstream).

I have precisely the same problem installing "Recorder" on my system with PVR500 MCE. Exactly the same error message.

I'm wondering if you have to install the Intervideo SDK that comes with earlier cards like the 250 and 350.

But it would seem, given the popularity and quality of the Hauppauge card, that someone would've been "on top" of your problem -- and my problem -- much sooner.

The PVR500 MCE is explicitly listed as "compatible" with SageTV Recorder, with no additional information. So SageTV tech support should back up the claim with some good advice. I suppose if I don't see an answer to your question (or my question ) here soon, I'll go to the next stage of "tech support."

We're waiting . . . . (you and I) . . .
Old 01-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzaiDuck
The PVR500 MCE is explicitly listed as "compatible" with SageTV Recorder, with no additional information.
SageTV and SageTV Recorder are two different products; the pvr-500 is not listed as a card that can be used with Recorder:

SageTV Recorder system requirements

SageTV system requirements

(This is the SageTV Recorder section of the forum.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:30 PM

Well, thanks.

This is very strange. I thought for sure I had been looking at the SageTV REcorder hardware compatibility list. I was sure that I did so when I purchased the darn thing. And I thought for sure I'd read posts by people showing that two instances of the Recorder software allowed for the features available with the multi-tuner-capture card.

Maybe I just missed clicking on the the right web-page tab, but I was so darn sure I was looking at specs for the REcorder and that I saw the PVR 500 MCE on it.

I usually don't miss stuff like that.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:28 PM

http://www.hauppauge.com

System Requirements:

Processor requirements: Pentium® IV processor 1.2GHz or faster for TV pause with full screen playback

Windows®XP Media Center Edition 2005, WindowsXP Home or WindowsXP Professional
Note: when using the WinTV-PVR-500 MCE with WindowsXP, you need a third party TV application such as SageTV or BeyondTV

Free PCI slot

Sound card

VGA card (PCI or AGP) with Media Center 2005 certified driver
DVD decoder certified for use with Media Center 2005
Old 01-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Sage User

Had same problem with EVERY install of Recorder I tested.

Had that same problem and I tested on three different systems. Turns out to be a problem with SageRecorder. Recorder does not write any value to the entery:
mmc/encoders/xxxxxxxx/audio_capture_device_name=
in the SageRecorder.properties File.

The Fix:
Goto the audio tab of the config page and select your sound card, close sage recorder (exit completly), open SageRecorder.properties and locate:
videoframe/audio_render_filter=your_sound_card
Copy the value to:
mmc/encoders/xxxxxxxx/audio_capture_device_name=
and save the file, start SageRecorder.

This worked for me but I don't have a 500, I have a VBDVCR and a BT8x8 card.

Hope that helps.
nightrader_