SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Sage Expert

Sage Intelligence Didn't Work

This is the first instance in almost 8 months of Sage that it didn't record somethign it was supposed to. I have Arrested Development as a favorite with pretty high priority set to both First Runs and ReRuns. Today I foudn that it didn't record either one of the 2 new airings today. I have no idea why not. I regularly check my scheduled conflicts and I definitely dont' remember seeing Arrested Development on there. But beyond that, one of the showings had no other favorite (or other manual/ir recording going against it). Sage just didn't record anything for that half hour. For the second half hour, Sage recorded somethign that had a lower priority on the favorite list. When I go to guide, I see that Arrested Development has the Favorites outline, and its not showing up as watched (its new so of course it shouldn't be).

I guess nothing can be done about this, but I'm wondering if anybody knows of a reason this happened. Kind of mad about this. Two missed episodes of a show that isn't always on and both of them new.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Sage Icon

What are your exact favorite settings set to for that favorite?
Old 03-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Sage Expert

Ok, after checking the favorites options I figured out what it was. I had AutoDelete set to No, and the maximum at 3. I didn't realize that would be the behavior. My mistake, and good to know for the future.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Sage Icon

I had a feeling that was the problem.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Administrator

BTW: that was a changed going from v2.0 -> v2.1; previously, the settings you just listed would have caused SageTV to not auto-delete that fav, but it wouldn't stop recording at 3 episodes. Now, it will stop at 3, since it isn't allowed to delete one of the favs to make room for another one once it reaches the max you set. (OK, so it might end up recording more than 3 if several shows are scheduled in a row.) I like using those 2 settings together to keep a couple episodes of some series available, while preventing it from recording too many episodes every day.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.