SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Sage User

pvr150 ir blaster and 3 direct tv boxes

Ok well I have directtv, and 3 recievers. I have 2 tuners currently in my pc, a pvr150 retail and pvr mce - and plan on buying another card soon.

My question is, I have the pc in my room, on my tv. I have a mediamvp on the front room. I also will be looking into getting clients for my roommates in their 2 rooms for their pc's.

Problem is trying to control everything.

The retail pvr150 has an ir blaster, which if possible I would use in my room to access tv, and to change channels on the DTV box itself

The mce pvr150 does not have a plug for the ir, but I do have an old sony DTV box that has a serial port.

As for the 3rd tuner, I would probably end up getting another retail 150 card with the ir to control the 3rd box.

Does anyone see any problems with this setup?
How would I use 2 of the same blasters without the two retail 150's getting confused?
Does the retail 150 blasters even work right with sage? As I have not been able to even get that to work.

I know its a lot of questions, but im just not sure how im gonna make this all work. Thanks for any info everyone!

-Spence
Old 03-06-2005, 12:44 AM
Sage Icon

1 IR Blaster,yes.. not sure about 2 IR Blasters. You probably need to get all of your set top boxes in one place and use the USB-UIRT 3 zone setup.
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 03-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Administrator

You cannot use 2 of the Hauppauge blasters, as only a single Hauppauge card can be used for its IR remote/blaster. A single USB-UIRT mentioned above will do the job, or you can look into serial control for the 2nd & 3rd tuners.

SageTV will make use of the 150's blaster, provided you configure it using the Hauppauge blaster config software. (At least, that's the way it is supposed to work; I haven't used it.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am using a similar setup.. Controlling 3 DirecTV receivers in same room/PC using USBIRT to control all 3. If you have the Hughes DirecTV receivers, they can be set to unique "Remote IDs" - up to 8. Then had USBIRT learn the remote codes in Sage setup and assigned each to a separate tuner.
Works flawlessly, and didn't need to modify the .ir files to create Zones.

Found that easier than the 3 zone config.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

two threads that may help...

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=873983

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=5291