SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Sage User

Where can I find replacement ctrl, alt, and del keys?

Since I installed SageTV, my keys have worn out. I remember where the are, but I would like to have them clearly marked just the same.

For those of you who will tell me "I have had my sage up and running 24/7 with never a glitch", no need for you to read on. For maybe the 1 or 2 others out there who have ever had a problem with sage, I will continue.

First I realize that my sarcasm may be a turn off (hopefully I just give you a laugh??), but all I want to do is watch some shows I can't watch live? It's very aggrevating. Maybe I am using sage for something other than it is intended for?

I am trying to like it. I am trying to be gentle with it. I figured that my previous problems may have had something to do with the size of my hard drive and that I kept filling it up. I learned this: Run out of space on your HD and sage not only freezes, but forgets everything it was even taught.

So a coupla days ago I added a 160 MB HD, more space that I will even need. I would be sure to have megs and megs of free space. I was hoping that would solve my problems.

Long story short...What happened on Survivor tonight? I was recording it, at 8:50PM EST I backed Survivor up to the beginning. BIG mistake. Sage froze, Survivor gone.

Did I do something I shouldnt have >? How much detail do you need to figure out why this happened? Why does Sage work 6 days out of the week, but not the seventh?
Old 03-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Sage Icon

I understand your frustration... however I can't give you any better solution then to try and get the service up and running... The recording aspect of Sage seems to be pretty solid. However I do get the occasional freeze during playback... haven't had it in a while though.

With the service running, even if the UI crashes, your recordings still continue without a hitch.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Regarding disk space: make sure there is nothing like the Norton Protected Recycle Bin running, or if it is, exclude mpg files and/or the video recording drives from what it will save. People have noted that when Norton Recycle Bin it is active, deleted files don't actually return the space as free space & then SageTV has to delete another file to make room, but there still is no room, so it deletes another file, and so on until nearly all the recordings are dumped.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.