SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

FX5200 TV-Out

I see a lot of people are running the FX5200. I have one, and I love it, but the TV-out with Sage loses audio sync. The audio comes out a little late and I can't get it to sync up. I have the newest NVidia drivers and have tried every codec. Any help from people who have this working?
Old 03-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

I had the exact same problem until I installed ReClock, but YMMV.

Jere
Old 03-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Seems like it may have been a driver issue. I got the newest ones (thought I already had, but I guess not) and now it seem better. Thanks for all the input though. The picture quality is great. I think I'm going to build a new comp for a client and get another one of these cards. For the price its tough to beat!

New question though...why would it change resolutions when I start to play video? Everything is nicely centered during the menu, but as soon as video plays the screen gets bigger. Anyone else have this happen?

Last edited by nigfink; 03-02-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

nigfink, I would have pm'd you again but I wanted this to be out here where others may benefit from it...

I was having some audio sync issues as well, but not so terrible that I couldn't bear it... It also seemed that the sync issue was fluctuating as well, at first, it was not that bad but 20-30 minutes into a show it was noticeably worse (nothing a quick rr and ff couldn't fix)

Then nigfink got me thinking about it and I started to troubleshoot the audio problem again, this is what I found:

I read somewhere in the forum someone said "when using the fx5200, what was the point to using hardware acceleration while using sage?" so I went into the sonic codec options and turned off "enable hardware acceleration" and also "enable video mixing renderer (VMR) support"...

VOILA!! It appeared to me that the audio sync was fixed.... I'll admit that I went back and turned on "enable hardware acceleration" but I left the VMR option turned off, still no audio sync issues. Anybody have a clue why turning VMR off fixes my issue? (I am currently using overlay, not VMR)

I will post again later if the sync gets out of wack again but I've watched a full show without it messing up and I never had to do my "rr/ff" trick...

I'm a happy camper now!
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 03-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

turn off hardware accel. The 250mhz (or so) 5200 GPU can't do a good job decoding fast action and pans. Let your 1+ gig CPU do some work! Use the 5200 for what it's good for: v'good TV-out for SDTV. (and 720x480 res avail via the driver).
TW