SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Did you do anything to register the DLL (like "regsvr32 "c:\windows\system32\quartz.dll"), or just reboot after copying it in?

Also, should I be using Bob, Weave, B&W, or Default?
Old 03-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

All I did was reboot after copying it in.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Sage Icon

I needed to be in safe mode to properly replace my quartz.dll
When I tried to do it when not in safe mode it kept restoring the other one back in automatically. This happened even when I unregistered the dll first.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think that is what happened to mine too. I replaced it with older one, then checked again last night and newer quartz (8/3/2004) was back.

I'll try the safe mode thing tonight and see what happens.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am wondering if the quartz.dll fix is causing me other problems. I recently upgraded my hardware (new motherboard and processor, new PVR-150) I have had to reinstall windows several times. most recently the whole computer hangs up. but only after I do the quartz.dll fix. before that everything seems to be fine. It could be the PVR-150, but I have tried disabling it with no change. I am going to do another reinstall tomorrow, without doing the quartz.dll fix and see if it still hangs up. I have already tried changing back to the orignal quartz.dll, but now the taskbar is no longer blue, it is grey whether of not it is in classic view or not. something fishy is happening.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Sage Icon

I am pretty confident that this is not the fault of the quartz.dll. If you were having deinterlacing problems, or something to do with the video PQ then perhaps.

There's no way the quartz.dll is changing windows appearance or causing stability issues. I guess there's no harm in testing it out, but keep you mind open for something else to be the problem.

I've ran the older quarttz.dll on three different machines that I setup for the past few months and never had an issue.

The only thing I'm pointing my finger at is the fact the it doesn't do pixel adaptive deinterlacing well at all.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:24 PM
Sage Icon

By the way, if you don't copy it in Safe Mode, Windows file protection will detect that there is a change and automatically revert it back. That why some people see it suddenly back to the original version.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

The Safe Mode copy of quartz appears to have done the trick for me. I didn't realize Windows was replacing the quartz I was copying over.

Thanks!