SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Sage User

Installation: LiveTVGuide/no programming data

Upon install of SageTV 2.1 the electronic programming guide doesn't download all the channels that I get, and most of the channels list do not contain programming data (says “no data”). Some channels do have programs listed, but most don’t. I can view live tv of those channels that are not in the Live TV Guide, when I am in the Channel setup screen. This is very strange since when I first installed the program a couple hours earlier, all the right channels did appear in the Live TV Guide with programming data. Unfortunately, I had to remove and reinstall SageTV because I forgot to install the latest Hauppauge drivers before installing Sage TV. Any have this happen to them??

I have:
WinXP
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150 (latest drivers from their site)
Latest Hauppauge Apps installed (WinTV2000, decoder, Remote, IR Blaster)
Hauppauge IR Blaster/Remote IR Receiver
Hauppague Remote Control
Dish 301 Basic receiver (using coax into card)

Thanks in advance,
Kristen
Old 02-27-2005, 10:58 PM
Sage Icon

Kristen,

What kind of internet connection do you have? The EPG download is pretty big and can take a while to completely download.

Also, if you are using the XP firewall, add SageTV and SageTVService.exe to excluded applications.
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 02-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Sage User

Thank you korben! I'm in dallas as well.

I have dsl service, it is very fast. I just added the two .exe's the the exclusion list, as I do have windows firewall turned on. Doing this added the content to the programming guide, but some channels are still missing (3-99)? I have the Dish 120 channel package, which I figured was expanded basic since there are two packages below mine. I have consistently chosen the expanded basic line up during setup all day. I'm still puzzled why I had some additional channels earlier today if I set it up the same way everytime.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Administrator

I don't have dish, but I seem to recall others mentioning that the lower channels may be duplicated on higher channel numbers. If that is the case, SageTV will show the channels only once -- check the higher numbers to see if they are there.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Sage User

Andy~ You are right, there are lower channels that are duplicated on the higher channels (somewhere in the 8000's). I checked and all but one are included on the programming guide.

I am still wondering why the lower channels showed up in the guide when I installed SageTV a couple times yesterday, even though I always specified DISH expanded basic? Oh well, not a big deal. It was just easier to find the major broadcasting stations when they are lower channels.

Thanks.