SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-27-2005, 09:02 PM
Sage User

My SageTV stopped working.It's working now!

Sorry, I've left it hanging for an hour and it seems to be back now!

Hi,

Yesterday I've upgraded Cayars STV version 17 from version 16(which i used for two month without problems) and was impressed with quality of picture! I don't know why but after upgrade I was able to use VMR9 again what gave me very bad results before. I was happy until I tried to play DVD. It started very good, but when I tried to switch to DVD menu my system crashed (screen of death with dumping all core).

After this I was not able to start SageTV at all. When I start it it hangs on wellcome screen.
I did try to reinstall everything - Java, SageTV - several times without any luck. Reinstalled SageTV starts, I go through all setup - cards, channels - it begins to show live TV, but after that it stops responding. I see CPU usage >50%. After I kill SageTV, reboot PC and try it again - it hungs on welcome screen (SageTV Core is initialising...). And again - 50% of CPU.

When I try to start SageTV service it also hangs and uses 50% of CPU.

I'm using SageTV 2.1. on Windows XP. Two cards - PVR-150 and PVR-150MCE.

Could so mebody help me to recover SageTV?

Sorry, I've left it hanging for an hour and it seems to be back now!

Last edited by Alex256; 02-27-2005 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Wrong alarm. It's working now
Old 02-28-2005, 12:14 AM
Sage User

You know, I had the exact same thing happen to me, but I was still using 2.0. I tried for a week to fix it (removed all external STVs, even installed 2.1 and the newest JDK), but ended up reformatting the machine.

Now I'm using 2.1 and it's back up again, but with some other weird problems. I'm probably doing something weird and that's why it's breaking but I just wanted the devs to see this problem exists.