SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-23-2005, 06:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

[OT perhaps....i don't know] Can't wake up PC from standby/hibernate

Hi all

my htpc is in a network with 2 other pc's. On of these is always on (PC1). The other 2 are normally off when i'm not at home. Sometimes i wanted to start the HTPC from my work and i did so by using microsofts 'remote desktop' feature. I connected to PC1 (on 24/7) and from it's desktop i started a program that sends a 'magic packet' to the htpc. This solution worked quite good, but still needed a lot of input from my side.
Only last week i discovered the 'SageWake' utility that allows the HTPC to automatically switch on when it must record something. However, this util needs the htpc to be in standby or hibernate mode. All of this is working fine so far. I can easily put the pc to standby or hibernate and with a simple mouseclick get it to wake up (or when a program is recorded). So far so good.

Now the problem (i am getting to it eventually....lol)
When the htpc is in either standby or hibernate, i can't wake it up remotly (from PC1) anymore! I have no idea why i can't do that. I have set everything up in bios and everything works like a charm.....except the remote waking (wake on lan), which worked fine when the HTPC was shut down.
Someone told me i should tick the option in my network cards settings, called: 'allow this device to wake computer from standby'. I ticked it, but it still didn't react to a magic packet. But it did react to all network activity, which caused the computer to switch on after 2 minutes already, when i just put it to standby. So, it wakes the computer up 2-3 minutes after it is put to sleep. So that is not very handy

So, does anybody have a solution for this? or know about the issue?

I have a gigabyte mobo (GA-7NNXP) with an onboard NIC.

I know this not directly related to SageTV, but it is somewhat in my oppinion. It IS about my HTPC .....lol

Cheers,

Henk99
XP Pro SP2, SageTV v5.02.90, Athlon XP 3000+ (FSB 333 MHz), 2GB DDR RAM PC3200, 36 GB Western Digital Raptor, 200 GB Western Digital harddrive, Asus Radeon 9600 XTR, Plextor PX-708 8x DVD-/+RW, Pioneer 120S 48x CD-RW, PVR 150 MCE (2). Hauppauge MVP.