SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cayars,

I'm trying to execute the commands by hand after looking at the debug.txt file. I'm in process right now. I also tried to restart the DVDBurner on the SAge machine. It starts, but when it gets to the first requaint procedure, it runs until 100% then just sits there. The shell stays open, and there is no computer activity. I closed the shell, it told me there were files it could not find and started on the next mpg file.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Sage Icon

Is there any way to have the program check for the presence of a blank (or RW) DVD before calling DVD decrypter to do the burn?

I'm thinking of wife-proofing the process, just an idea.

Other than that, my most recent attempt (using dvdburnF, and 17B) was successful except for DVD decrypter failing b/c I forgot to put the disc in the drive.

Also, I wouldn't mind the /erase as long as it didn't make it choke on non RW discs.

Last edited by Crashless; 01-17-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano
it's hard to read on the screen...but it looked like a .mpa or something like that. I keep clicking the OK or continue button, and it's moving along. Don't know if there will be an ISO file when this is all done. I kinda doubt it.

(edit)..I have now copied the DVDBurner folder to another computer (one without sagetv on it). I cannot execute the program. I get an error "the application failed to initialize properly". I thought I read in a previous posting that DVDBurner could work standalone, no?

the WAF is getting very low.....
Something I learned a long time ago. Don't "play" in front of the wife especially on software in "alpha or beta" form. They just don't go well together.

Right now I'd say it's "alpha" quality if you're not using VDR and "beta" quality if you are using "VDR".

Yes, it will work on a computer without SageTV just fine as long as you have the NET environment on it.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano
Cayars,

I'm trying to execute the commands by hand after looking at the debug.txt file. I'm in process right now. I also tried to restart the DVDBurner on the SAge machine. It starts, but when it gets to the first requaint procedure, it runs until 100% then just sits there. The shell stays open, and there is no computer activity. I closed the shell, it told me there were files it could not find and started on the next mpg file.
Make sure SageTV hasn't deleted the file on you. It's a long shot but it has happened to me twice now.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
Is there any way to have the program check for the presence of a blank (or RW) DVD before calling DVD decrypter to do the burn?

I'm thinking of wife-proofing the process, just an idea.

Other than that, my most recent attempt (using dvdburnF, and 17B) was successful except for DVD decrypter failing b/c I forgot to put the disc in the drive.

Also, I wouldn't mind the /erase as long as it didn't make it choke on non RW discs.
The more I think about this the more I think I will add the /erase command. After all this is supposed to be an automated process so will leave it up to the user to make sure the media is empty before using it. If THEY don't like this option they can always remove the /erase command.

I do need to test this command on write-once media to make sure it doesn't cause a problem.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Bug...

Dvdburner will report the error message "Only a maximum of five files can be used with this version) or something like that message when exactly 5 files are selected to burn in the burn list. If I cut down to 4 files its fine.

version test f
Old 01-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
version test f

Trying the dual directory function again, error has changed.

Now its "file already exists" on the demux function. It does continue I think, but I aborted it for now since I have to run to diner

I cleared BOTH temp direcories and tried again, same error - still takes a long time for it to come up once dvdburner is spawned like before.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Sage User

Unhappy Big OOPS!!!

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE DO THE FOLLOWING.
UNLESS YOU ARE A COMPLETE SADO-MASACHIST!!!!!!!!!!

Q: So theoretically if you unintenitionally set you DVD burning Temp Directory to lets say your media library and kick off the dvd burning process once, what happens when the DVD Burner goes into clean up mode at the end?

A: You just deleted all your Files in your Library.

Cayars,
Please for complete idiots like me put some kind of failsafe on this. I'm going to go cry for a very long time, about 55 hours sounds good since that's the amount of TV I just destroyed. Bye Bye Good Eats, Bye Bye Aqua Teens, Bye Bye Alias, Bye Bye all my other favorites. BTW, I'm not mad at anyone but me for this there's just no "smilie" for Tears or Cry. Drama mode off.

Old 01-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Administrator

There are undelete utilities out there, if Windows can't do anything about it. See this thread for one.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Sage User

I feel for any person who lost their "Good Eats." I have 39 of them I could burn to DVD for you if you suffer from too much seperation anxiety.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
Bug...

Dvdburner will report the error message "Only a maximum of five files can be used with this version) or something like that message when exactly 5 files are selected to burn in the burn list. If I cut down to 4 files its fine.

version test f
I bet if you take a look at your shows, you'll see that one of them has multiple parts which isn't taken into consideration.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrwaugh
I feel for any person who lost their "Good Eats." I have 39 of them I could burn to DVD for you if you suffer from too much seperation anxiety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by opus4
There are undelete utilities out there, if Windows can't do anything about it. See this thread for one.

- Andy

Thanks for the support guys, I'm slowly geting over the initial shock. It was probably time I "let go" anyway. I was just hoping to burn my own Good Eats "Meals on DVD" series. I'll rebuild my collection better than before, it'll just take sometime. I guess this had to happen to someone eventually, that's what beta is all about. I knew the risks.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplacedDimCap
<snip>
Q: So theoretically if you unintenitionally set you DVD burning Temp Directory to lets say your media library and kick off the dvd burning process once, what happens when the DVD Burner goes into clean up mode at the end?

A: You just deleted all your Files in your Library.
<snip>

Cayars,
Please for complete idiots like me put some kind of failsafe on this.
<snip>
I'm not really sure how I could put a fail safe on this short of not letting a user choose a working directory. I could just ask for Drive1 & Drive2 and then have the program generate a unique random directory name that doesn't exist. I'd still need to know a well know directory that does exist to build the ISO in for those users don't want to burn the ISO file but want to keep it.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks for the support guys, I'm slowly geting over the initial shock. It was probably time I "let go" anyway. I was just hoping to burn my own Good Eats "Meals on DVD" series. I'll rebuild my collection better than before, it'll just take sometime. I guess this had to happen to someone eventually, that's what beta is all about. I knew the risks.
BTW, have you tried an UNDELETE util?
Old 01-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I'm not really sure how I could put a fail safe on this short of not letting a user choose a working directory. I could just ask for Drive1 & Drive2 and then have the program generate a unique random directory name that doesn't exist. I'd still need to know a well know directory that does exist to build the ISO in for those users don't want to burn the ISO file but want to keep it.
How about just comparing the library dir and the working dir, if they're equal, generate an error and prompt the user, if not continue. Undelete no worky, managed to retrieve a few of my files but not without errors. I'm not sweating it too much. Now I've got about 200 hours worth of free space again, it's like I upgraded!
Old 01-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
I don't know if you got a chance to look at it, but Version F still has the date format error if not using US date format MM/DD/YY

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidCastException: Cast from string "1/15/05" to type 'Date' is not valid.
Edit/Delete Message
Quote:
No I didn't look into this yet but will.

BTW, what region setting are you using?
I'm using the English (New Zealand) region setting which has a short Date format of d/mm/yyyy
Old 01-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
How about just comparing the library dir and the working dir, if they're equal, generate an error and prompt the user, if not continue. Undelete no worky, managed to retrieve a few of my files but not without errors. I'm not sweating it too much. Now I've got about 200 hours worth of free space again, it's like I upgraded!
Hey, well atleast you didn't set the working directory to "C:\"
Old 01-18-2005, 07:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I bet if you take a look at your shows, you'll see that one of them has multiple parts which isn't taken into consideration.
Yup! Good to know!!
Old 01-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Sage Icon

Just to comment on this further.

I do plan on adding the ability to join the multipart SageTV recordings (for the same show) but this will probably only be available to users using VDR.

Carlo
Old 01-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cayars,

Well, I've been experimenting with the DVD Burner and related programs. I still have trouble with the routine in the STV (but now that 17 is out, I'll try that tonight). I have a question.....I have been "fixing" the commercial cuts in VideoReDo so that they are exactly on spot, then saving them (actually, saving the vmrj file). I see the command line you use to execute the demux, and have figured out that the /e command gives both video and audio files, but what does the /d command do? I am running an older version of videoredo, and /d doesn't work. I have also figured out how to calculate the factor size to compress the video if it needs to. Once this is done, I have been using DVDAuthorGUI to make the DVD's. That way, if there is multiple shows on one DVD I can make buttons and menus really easy.

I have had a bit of issue with audio sync. Any suggestions? Seems that the mpgtx gives the worst results.

Thanks for everything that you are doing....