SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Sage User

Carlo, may I suggest adding the parameter

/erase

to the DVDBurn.cmd script? This will prevent DVD Decrypter from popping up a dialog box for those of us using RW media.

Last edited by Drazi; 01-16-2005 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Sage Icon

This was brought up before. I thought it might be safer to not add that to the cmd file "just in case". However, that is the main reason that I made it configurable via the cmd file so that you guys could tweak it the way you want.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Sage User

Discovered if I use mpgtx as the demux tool commercials are kept regardless of the commercial cutting setting.

So for right now, mpgtx for commercials and videoredo for no commercials.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Sage Icon

How do you guys feel about the "/erase" parameter? See message 81.

Show this be made the default?
Old 01-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Sage Icon

Drazi, I found the problem with the commercial cutting allways getting used if there was a project file. I had a typo in the STV code. This will be fixed in the "C" release of 17.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:06 AM
Sage Icon

I don't know if you got a chance to look at it, but Version F still has the date format error if not using US date format MM/DD/YY

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidCastException: Cast from string "1/15/05" to type 'Date' is not valid.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:37 AM
Sage Icon

No I didn't look into this yet but will.

BTW, what region setting are you using?
Old 01-17-2005, 09:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Fellow Cayarianins......

Last night I tried for the first time to make a DVD using multiple shows (2 to be exact). I have commercial skip run on both, and I have selected SAGE to burn using commercial skip (VideoReDo). I tried using the VideoReDo for the MUX'ing, but got errors (using Test F of DVDBurner). Then, when I used MGPEX (or whatever it's called), everything seems to run, because I get an ISO file. But now when I try to use DVDDecrypter to burn the DVD, I'm told that the disc is too small (sectors size is not enough). I'm trying to burn this on a DVD-RW if that makes any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the WAF is getting smaller. She wants the West Wing episodes burned to a DVD to make room for more....
Old 01-17-2005, 09:25 AM
Sage Icon

The reason VideoReDo failed for you more then likely is that you're not running the correct version of the software. You need to run the version found here:
http://www.videoredo.net/beta/

In DVDDecrypter it will tell you how many sectors are available on the disc. It will also tell you how many sectors the iso file will require. Subtract the disc sectors from the iso file sectors needed to find out how many sectors you're over.

Next multiply the "overage" sectors by 2048 to find out how many bytes overage. Now for a little extra safety pad this (bump the number up) number by a few MBs. Total these numbers and now subtract this from the number shown in the STV under Detailed Setup->External Setup->DVD Burner->Drive Options->Max Drive Size.

That should fix both issues for you.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
How do you guys feel about the "/erase" parameter? See message 81.

Show this be made the default?
I had asked for this before; and yes, I personally would like to see it as the default. I now have it set that way on my system.

Is there any way you can make this a configuration setting so that we don't have to manually edit a buried text file to change it?

I realize that data loss is a big issue and that most software developers bias toward high protection in their default setups. So I'd understand if you think /erase should not be the default. But since most folks are going to want to use it that way, I'd plead for it to be one of the option settings.

On balance, my recommendation is that you add a configuration setting for it, then make the default to not erase DVD+/-RW before burning. If you can't add a configuration setting, then I'd recommend the default be /erase.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, 2TB and 4TB SATA HDD's
SageTV v9.1.2.662, SageTV7.xml STV, Java v1.8.0_121
Server operating headless with 3 HD300 extenders as clients
Two HDHomeRun Primes (6 tuners) with 20170512beta1 firmware
Comcast cable TV, two cablecards in HDHRP's
OpenDCT 0.5.28 network encoder
Old 01-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Cayars,

Thanks for the quick reply. I checked the two file sizes. The difference is:
39,569,408 bytes. However, I don't see the "Drive Options", let alone the "Max Drive Size". Is there somewhere else I can set this?
Old 01-17-2005, 10:05 AM
Sage Icon

Those options were added in the 17 releases to fix this type of problem.

No, that is the only place it can be set (in the STV).
Old 01-17-2005, 10:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ah....alas....I don't have 17 (it has not been released publicly yet correct?)...

Is there a way to run DVDBurner standalone? Where I might be able to set this via a command line?

Additionally, I see the debug.txt file created. Can I simply execut the CLI commands (and all the file deletes/renames) and get the same result? The next question would be where does the compression percent value come from? How is that calculated? I'm sure that's where file overall filesize is affected)

Last edited by Deano; 01-17-2005 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Sage Icon

Yes, that you can do. Take a look at the debug.txt file and you will see the command line arguments being passed to it. You'll want to add an additional parameter to it:

/dvdsize=4706074624

adjust the size accordingly (that's the default).

The format is DVDBurner.exe /arg1=arg /arg2=arg2 /argX=argX filename1 filename2

The order of the arguments does not matter but the filename(s) must be last.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:18 AM
Sage Icon

BTW, if you have the comskip data and let DVDBurner do the commercial cutting on these shows they may not need compression and you won't hit the size wall. Depends on the size of your shows after cutting.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Sage Expert

I'd like to suggest having an options window popup right after clicking burn to confirm some of the options for burning. Right now, the only thing I would want to change DVD to DVD is the commercial cutting option and the compression option but there might be some more in the future.

At least for commercial cutting, it really goes from one DVD to another since for me commercial cutting varies from one program to another. I would like to be able to set this option righ tbefore burning instead of digging through setup and then navigating my way back to the DVD burner menu.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cayars,

OK. I just tried using the command line and I think I still have a problem. The commandline that I executed was:

DVDBurner.exe /workdir1=F:\DVD_Working /cutter=videoredo /dvdsize=4706074624 /mode=iso file /demux=mpgtx /drive=d /debug=true /compression=true /registration=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX "F:\Recorded_Shows\StuartLittle-55713-0.mpg" "F:\Recorded_Shows\StuartLittle2-55714-0.mpg"

It stopped working after it got to the first 100% of the requantizer. The DOS shell just sat there. I closed it, it complained that it couldn't find a file, but then kept going with the requantizer for the second file. Not sure if I did something wrong or not.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Sage Icon

Well you can't pass in te registration code like that. Pass in /registration=trial instead. The program will always mask the reg code.

However, I doubt that had any affect anyway. It wouldn't hurt to quote the workdir1 parameter but in this case there isn't any spaces so that shouldn't matter either.

What was the file it coudn't find?
Old 01-17-2005, 01:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
I'd like to suggest having an options window popup right after clicking burn to confirm some of the options for burning. Right now, the only thing I would want to change DVD to DVD is the commercial cutting option and the compression option but there might be some more in the future.

At least for commercial cutting, it really goes from one DVD to another since for me commercial cutting varies from one program to another. I would like to be able to set this option righ tbefore burning instead of digging through setup and then navigating my way back to the DVD burner menu.
Not a bad idea.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

it's hard to read on the screen...but it looked like a .mpa or something like that. I keep clicking the OK or continue button, and it's moving along. Don't know if there will be an ISO file when this is all done. I kinda doubt it.

(edit)..I have now copied the DVDBurner folder to another computer (one without sagetv on it). I cannot execute the program. I get an error "the application failed to initialize properly". I thought I read in a previous posting that DVDBurner could work standalone, no?

the WAF is getting very low.....

Last edited by Deano; 01-17-2005 at 04:09 PM.