SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-13-2005, 10:21 PM
Sage User

Question Longshot: Paths with spaces

Cayars,

Are you using Silent.vbs (or the same command) to call any utils, ect.? If so I think there maybe an issue there especially if you're passing "too many" (EDIT: or not enough) quotes around the Path to the file.

Last edited by DisplacedDimCap; 01-13-2005 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazi
Well, mine is now working.

The only thing I changed, I swear, is the working directory. Instead of the default one under the STVs directory I created a new one in the root. Do any of the support programs have problems with spaces in directory names?

Was trying to burn the same episode all along, so it wasn't a problem with the mpeg itself.

Going to try a two episode disc and turn compression on next.
Two episodes with menu's and compression also worked.

Looks like for me it was all about the directory spaces.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Sage Expert

I've found 2 episodes that don't work with either mpgtx or bbdmux and one that works with bbdmux and not mpgtx. All of these files appear to be stereo. I am recording at "DVD Standard Play" with a PVR250 PCI Card.

Does anybody have problems getting it to work with VideoRedo?
Old 01-14-2005, 01:02 AM
Sage Expert

Ok I just tried to make a 2 file DVD with VideoRedo as the demuxer and here's what happened.

One of the files had a .vprj file generated by comskip and one did not. The one that did not demuxed fine but for the one that did, the dvd burner seemed to call the demuxer on the .vprj file instead of the mpg file. At least, in the DVDBurner.exe screen, it said:

Demuxing and Cutting Subterranean-03223435.mpg
Demuxing and Cutting Subterranean-0376668.vprj

So I deleted the vprj and it ran fine after that. Seems like it might be a bug. I should say that I had cutting disabled.

So VideoRedo seems to be the best demuxer for me since so far it has worked on all the mpg files I couldn't get to work with bbdmux or mpgtx.

However, I think it would be nice to find a free solution. VideoRedo is really expensive

Last edited by abasu2003; 01-14-2005 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
Sorry for confusing the two issues, I read the thread too fast.

So, you can confirm that what I reported is a problem? Should I put this issue to rest?
Don't put it to rest as I'll need you to re-test this shortly in a new version.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplacedDimCap
Cayars,

Are you using Silent.vbs (or the same command) to call any utils, ect.? If so I think there maybe an issue there especially if you're passing "too many" (EDIT: or not enough) quotes around the Path to the file.
I stopped using this although it was nice to not see the DOS windows. Too many people didn't have the environment setup correctly to use CSCRIPT. It wasn't worth the headaches.

Also in the DVDBurner, I want people to be able to see the DOS windows if using DEBUG mode.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Ok I just tried to make a 2 file DVD with VideoRedo as the demuxer and here's what happened.

One of the files had a .vprj file generated by comskip and one did not. The one that did not demuxed fine but for the one that did, the dvd burner seemed to call the demuxer on the .vprj file instead of the mpg file. At least, in the DVDBurner.exe screen, it said:

Demuxing and Cutting Subterranean-03223435.mpg
Demuxing and Cutting Subterranean-0376668.vprj

So I deleted the vprj and it ran fine after that. Seems like it might be a bug. I should say that I had cutting disabled.

So VideoRedo seems to be the best demuxer for me since so far it has worked on all the mpg files I couldn't get to work with bbdmux or mpgtx.

However, I think it would be nice to find a free solution. VideoRedo is really expensive
I'll check on the commercial cutting when it wasn't supposed to use it. I had made a couple of changes to the code on that and maybe got something in the wrong place.

Yep, VideoReDo is very nice! It's fast and just works. I've never had it mess up yet for this project. VideoReDo can also "transform" non DVD compliant files into DVD Compliant files especially he sound.

The latest beta versions also have a new feature I'm working on that will allow it to write directly to a VOB file so we could skip the mux step and let it handle it. This can/will be only used if compression isn't needed. I've still got a couple of hours to put into this but it's on hold right now until we get some of the other issues taken care of as I don't want to introduce more functionality right now.

Last edited by Cayars; 01-14-2005 at 06:28 AM.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
<snip>
BTW, I've just started a dialog with the author of VideoReDo to see if I can do a bundled version with limited functionality (could help sell additional copies). I'll update everyone on this later if anything happens with this.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano
Question: from post #18, I quote

"Yes correct. Matter of fact the order is
DEMUX
COPY MENU FILES to work directory
COMPRESS if needed
MUX
AUTHOR
BUILD ISO
BURN ISO TO DISC

The compression is done only on the demuxed video file. Audio is never touched."

Could someone please tell me what the DEMUX and MUX operations are? Not sure that I completely understand the complete process.....

Thanks........
I'll try and explain here briefly. DVDAuthor (freeware app) can take "true" DVD Compliant file, menus, etc and re-author a disc to your hard drive. The only problem with it is that it needs MPG or VOP files with NAVIGATION PACKETS (Nav packets) in it. SageTV, BTV and other PVR apps record MPG files but not "VOB" files. The MPLEX command can take two elemental files (audio & video) and mux them back together putting blank (place holders) NAV packets in it. This is good enough for DVD Author.

The COMPRESSION program only works on a video elemental stream and not a "true" mpg file.

There's more going on behind the scenes then people think with obviously room for things to go wrong. Let me know if the other steps needs any additional clarification.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
pcicone, I think you were the first person to notice this. So it's all your fault.

Actually if you could try the bbdmux demux and mplex mux on a couple of your "trouble" files this could be very useful information.
OK, bbdmux causes the same problem on the mplex stage. So I think we know that its not mpgtx at this point.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:38 AM
Sage Icon

It's funny, bbdmux HAS helped on some files mpgtx didn't work on. However, VideoReDo has worked everytime! Based on the fact that VideoReDo can make elemental files that don't choke mplex it still seems we need a freeware program that could replace bbdmux/mpgtx that works as well as VRD.

pciccone, do you have VideoReDo? If not would you mind d/ling their newest beta version (1/3/05) from their forums and giving this a try on a problem file?
Old 01-14-2005, 08:41 AM
Sage Icon

Actually, they have a new version available here:
http://www.videoredo.net/beta/
Old 01-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Sage User

Lip synchronization way off

When I burn a 2 hr video, the lip synchronization is way off. However, when I burn a 1/2 hr video, the lip synch is fine. Don't know about a 1 hr video as I haven't tried this yet. Any suggestions?
Old 01-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Sage Expert

duddarr, what are you using for the demux, videoredo or mpgtx?

Last edited by abasu2003; 01-14-2005 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:19 PM
Sage User

lip sync

I'm using mpgtx, no compression and no commercial cutting
Old 01-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Sage Icon

I'm slowing finding it seems that only VideoReDo is going to fit the bill here. I've searched high and low for other combinations of software to do this but only VideoReDo works time and time again.

For now I'm going to say the "Official" demux is VideoReDo. I'll add bbdmux also but I'm going to say mpgtx and bbdmux are experimental.

There's a bunch of other features I want to add but it seems we're spinning our wheels here on a couple of programs that appear to not work.

I know a lot of you don't have VideoReDo (I'd highly recommend it) so I'll leave support for the others in there and continue to find other ways to demux but for now I want to move on since we have one good demux tool.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Sage User

DVD Burner using VideoReDo

When I use videoredo I get the following mpeg stream error: video frame without header. I tried the released version of VideoReDo and the beta. Both give the error. Any help on this one?
Old 01-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Sage Icon

That appears to be a messed up MPG file. Try using the fix util in VDR as that helps alot in times like this.

Also try with a different file.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Sage User

DVD Burner using VideoReDo

Now, when using VideoRedo and burning, I'm getting a final error of: file not found exception: couldn't find file c:\temp\working\title1-0.mpa. What's up with this? By the way, I'm using the trial version of VideoReDo without using any registration code entered.....Only TRIAL
Old 01-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddarr
Now, when using VideoRedo and burning, I'm getting a final error of: file not found exception: couldn't find file c:\temp\working\title1-0.mpa. What's up with this? By the way, I'm using the trial version of VideoReDo without using any registration code entered.....Only TRIAL
OK getting somewhere now. TRIAL version is OK but make sure you are using VideoReDo version 1.7.0.311 or greater.

What program is giving you the error regarding the title1-0.mpa?