SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-30-2004, 05:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Well, I got a hold of support and was surprised to hear them say they had never tried getting the 150 and 250 to work together in the same box.

The guy said they would try it and give me a call back. I gave him the registry info that Opus provided. Opus, maybe you can call them and give them some assistance.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:21 PM
Administrator

I got that registry info from an engineer there, so Hauppauge is aware of the settings & I certainly don't know more about it than they do. Their tech support (or that person) just may not have the latest info.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Administrator

rsagetv99: Did you ever get this working? There is one other registry entry you can look into for the 150's IR receiver/blaster. In addition to the I2CType setting of 18, try setting BlasterI2CType to 18 (decimal). It should be worth a try.

Oh -- and just to verify, that is i2ctype with the letter I, not the number 1 as in 12ctype.

(And 18 should be the only current valid value for BlasterI2CType.)

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

No, I haven't gotten the 150 to work properly with the 250. I kind of gave up on it because I couldn't get it to control my STB, and I was just going to wait for the USBIRT that I will hopefully get for Christmas; Then, tonight I finally found a code that works for my Dish Network 301 receiver (IR codes 88 and 83 seem to work). This makes it even more frustrating, knowing that everything could be working if I could just get the 250 to cooperate.

I got a call back from Hauppage and they suggested I try installing the 150 first including the WINTV software (I wasn't installing this before), they said once I verified everything was working I could then install just the driver for the 250. They claimed that they have set it up like this before and it worked fine for them. For me, it did not work. I also tried putting decimal value 18 in for BlasterI2CType, but it did not seem to make a difference. I also have two other dword values in the IR key, IRBlasterPort and IRPort - right now these are set to 0 - I tried changing these values to 18 which did not work and I tried 1 which also did not work, in fact if I try any value other than 0 the IRBlaster and IR.exe software does not recognize either IR ports.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Administrator

I knew there was another thread on this somewhere (this one, that is).

See this thread which also discusses conflicts getting the remote to work when a mixture of these cards are installed. Post 11 of that thread has a comment on what to try that _might_ get your preferred card's IR port to be used. The Hauppauge engineers are aware of this & know why the problem exists, so hopefully they will be able to find a fix.

- Andy
Old 01-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Anyone have any luck with this? I tried moving the PVR 150 to a higher numbered PCI slot, but as soon as I enable the 250 it takes over control of the IR receiver, which also causes the blaster to not work on the 150.