SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
OK time for some information.
1) What is your temp directory used for processing?
2) From inside of SageTV what is the name of the file you are trying to process that causes the problems?
I have tried with more then 1 movie, but my last attempt (at random):

1) Tried C:\TEMP and D:\TEMP. Currently set to D:\TEMP since C: does not have enough room for larger movie processing and is slower. C: is internal HD, where D: and E: are USB 2.0 250GB drives.

2) In the last test: D:\VIDEO\TropicalHeat-1842819-0.mpg so it was working in D:\TEMP\working at the time making the .mpv and .mpa file when it would fail. But, I need to do the mpgtx step manually as well so I can get to step 2.

Thanks Carlo!

Phil
Old 01-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I don't think there is any function to do this in Imported videos. Imported videos don't have any of the "normal" SageTV information and are treated as "foreign" files for the most part.
@Frey:
Why not provide an option to really IMPORT it into the sage database? Then you could enter some information like name, airing date and so on.

Oliver

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
There are files missing. I didn't include the external files used for compression because it doesn't presently work for UNC files which many of us use. It's also a rather elaborate setup compared to everything else.

I'll see if I can dig up the info for you and post what you need to do later today for you. R U running UNC file names?
Also, don't you have to manually kick of the actual compression routine? I have mine set up to kick off at 3AM via the scheduler.

As far as I knew choosing to compress a show only creates the .xml file for later compression... Unless of course Carlo added this to the STV...
Old 01-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Sage Fanatic

Carlo, something new I saw the other day which I think started in 16 is that comskip seems like it might be limited to 2 hours. I noticed this on a football game that I recorded - it had been commercial detected up to the 2 hour mark. It's probably a setting in the ini, just didn't know if you changed it intentionally or not.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky
@Frey:
Why not provide an option to really IMPORT it into the sage database? Then you could enter some information like name, airing date and so on.

Oliver
This would be mega cool and would solve all kinds of problems for me. I could add/do so many more things!

BTW, this has been requested by numerious studio/beta testers for a long while now. I've been asking for this for over a year.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Also, don't you have to manually kick of the actual compression routine? I have mine set up to kick off at 3AM via the scheduler.

As far as I knew choosing to compress a show only creates the .xml file for later compression... Unless of course Carlo added this to the STV...
Yes, this is correct. Compared to most of the other add-ons this one takes a lot more setup.

No, I'm only generating the XML file also. I've added more hooks in the STV so you can fire this off in more places, etc..., but overall it's only just creating the XML file.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Carlo, something new I saw the other day which I think started in 16 is that comskip seems like it might be limited to 2 hours. I noticed this on a football game that I recorded - it had been commercial detected up to the 2 hour mark. It's probably a setting in the ini, just didn't know if you changed it intentionally or not.
I'm not doing anything that limits comskipping to 2 hours. As far as I know there isn't any setting that controls this either. You might want to post your finding on this over in the ComSkip forum so Jere can help.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
I have tried with more then 1 movie, but my last attempt (at random):

1) Tried C:\TEMP and D:\TEMP. Currently set to D:\TEMP since C: does not have enough room for larger movie processing and is slower. C: is internal HD, where D: and E: are USB 2.0 250GB drives.

2) In the last test: D:\VIDEO\TropicalHeat-1842819-0.mpg so it was working in D:\TEMP\working at the time making the .mpv and .mpa file when it would fail. But, I need to do the mpgtx step manually as well so I can get to step 2.

Thanks Carlo!

Phil
From a command prompt run these commands from the DVDBurner directory:

mpgtx.exe -f -d "D:\VIDEO\TropicalHeat-1842819-0.mpg" -b "D:\TEMP\title1"
VideoReDo.cmd "D:\VIDEO\TropicalHeat-1842819-0.mpg" "D:\TEMP\title1.mpv"

Let me know what you get doing this.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

To many posts to go through right now. I was wondering is there a way so I could use a network DVD recoder. I have one in my office and I really dont want to spend money on a new one for occational burns.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
mpgtx.exe -f -d "D:\VIDEO\TropicalHeat-1842819-0.mpg" -b "D:\TEMP\title1"
VideoReDo.cmd "D:\VIDEO\TropicalHeat-1842819-0.mpg" "D:\TEMP\title1.mpv"
Cant do this tonight till after work, hypothetically speaking if this works (which I think it will) what is the remux command via mplex?

(That way I can report both to you at the same time)
Old 01-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation Default recording Q over-riding Favorites selected recording Q

Yesterday I went through all the Favorites and changed from default quality to manually selected Standard DVD. I next changed the system default quality to Max. Idea to have max quality for the few times I use live/timeshift watching which would most likely be a sporting event. However, today I noticed two things. First the space needed for upcoming recordings looked like way to much for the number of shows. Hmmm. Checked last nights recording of Alias and it recorded in Max Q even though verified Favorites setting for it still at Standard DVD. Changed system default Q back to Standard DVD and upcoming space needed back to normal for Standard DVD. Seems manually selecting recording quality should over ride default but it's not.
V2.1.10 Cayars16
Old 01-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKK
To many posts to go through right now. I was wondering is there a way so I could use a network DVD recoder. I have one in my office and I really dont want to spend money on a new one for occational burns.
If it's on the same network as your sagetv machine and you have Sage Client on the machine then yes my DVD Burning software will support this. It does take longer of course because the files have to be moved over the network.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Sage User

Just to throw out another idea for a small change if possible...

Any way to make intelligent recordings go to their own folder? I'd like to setup a seperate drive for IR only, but I don't think this is available by default in sage.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Sage Icon

Hey Cayars,

Just catching up on this thread. Seems like it should be it's own Forum...almost 1900 posts.
Saw the PayPal link and just finished donating. Hope others contribute to making this STV better.

I am curios to find out how far away the next release is? I am still having the problem with using the external video player and LiveTV. Sometimes it opens in Sage fine and sometimes it tries to open in External player and (Obviously) can't open. Is the external player still only going to open non-native file types?

This is the last thing on my wife's nagging list of things that are "Broken"

Sorry to keep bugging you on this one, but I just want to shut my wife up about getting TIVOs.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1114
Just to throw out another idea for a small change if possible...

Any way to make intelligent recordings go to their own folder? I'd like to setup a seperate drive for IR only, but I don't think this is available by default in sage.
I don't have any control over where SageTV puts/stores it's files. I wish i did!
Old 01-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
Hey Cayars,

Just catching up on this thread. Seems like it should be it's own Forum...almost 1900 posts.
Saw the PayPal link and just finished donating. Hope others contribute to making this STV better.

I am curios to find out how far away the next release is? I am still having the problem with using the external video player and LiveTV. Sometimes it opens in Sage fine and sometimes it tries to open in External player and (Obviously) can't open. Is the external player still only going to open non-native file types?

This is the last thing on my wife's nagging list of things that are "Broken"

Sorry to keep bugging you on this one, but I just want to shut my wife up about getting TIVOs.
Since you are a VIP contributor I'll hook you up with a version you can test tomorrow that has more control over the external players.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Sage Icon

I just wanted to take a minute and thank all those who have made a contribution.

It's very much appreciated!

Carlo
Old 01-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Sage Icon

Thanx Cayars.

I would appreciate that.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
Cant do this tonight till after work, hypothetically speaking if this works (which I think it will) what is the remux command via mplex?

(That way I can report both to you at the same time)
Carlo, did not forget to do this. We have some pretty bad ice storms here in the northeast, I have been without power for about 10 hours now. Although I have the generator running, I rather not mess with the sacrated SageTV setup until real power is back online. I will get back with you soon on this.

Phil
Old 01-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Sage Icon

Cayars, what's your recomended Sage version for your STV? I'm still getting system resets w/ the end-of-file bug. I'm at 2.1.newest (not at the system).