SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Any chance you could check to see if it has a full screen command line switch and also does it support playing mulitple files sequentially if passed on the command line (playlists)?
I looked all over the net for this but could not find anything. You do mean for video files? Like if the recording got stopped and then started again? I just took out the fullscreen and prefetch switches you put in for WMP and then it worked, I could not find anything for command line in PowerDVD either. Just either have to set it in configuration or I am sure it would be easy to make a reg file for non-techies to install.

Quote:
Use External Players for Non-Native File Types Only
Just as good to me. As long as I can play my Nero mp4 files...

Also, for upgrading:
Quote:
Extract Cayars16.zip into your main SageTV directory. Please make sure nested folders get extracted correctly. This file normally only contains the menu and STV files. This should be all that is needed to upgrade from any release "5" or greater setup already installed.
I did this and the external folder was not present. I had to also install Corefiles zip as well.

Quote:
It's always cool when the "toy" becomes so popular and you just want to shout "I told you so" but you know better.
hehe.... Not after her big mouth. Normally, I'd be a perfect gentleman...But every now & then You got to let her have it
Old 12-30-2004, 01:26 AM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation Re-recording some shows that are in Archive!

WAF just noticed a glitch I don't believe appeared until installed v15. We have a bunch of previous seasons Stargates archived. Have Fav's set for 1st&-reruns since missed some espisodes. This evening noticed in current Sage recordings an espisode thought archived. Checked and sure enough it's in archives too. Archive recording from Sept 04 while new one recorded this month. Both had same title description orig' airdate EPG number etc. Wondered what would happen if archived the new recording so did. Weird, BOTH recordings of same epsisode now were in archive. Ok, deleted the oldest with "liked watched" and then checked to see what happened with the other one. It wasn't deleted but it WAS changed to watched!Bizarro.

Hadn't gone to v16 so did this evening. Will see if the glitch remains...
Old 12-30-2004, 01:34 AM
Sage Fanatic

Unhappy v16 killed v15 comskips!

Upgraded from v15 to v16 this evening. Noticed shows still showed icons as comskip etc. Popped into one and no purples? Watched and confirmed it didn't jump. Checked physical directory and comskip files were there. Tried running comskip (was an option even though CS icon lit) and finished in a heartbeat with 3 sections found etc. Went to watch and guess again. Still nogo.

No real biggy, manually deleted all the associated comskip files and running comskip over again on just under 1TB recorded stuff! (did *.txt etc searches of dir and select all, not totally manually )
Old 12-30-2004, 06:49 AM
Sage Icon

I thought of that one a while back. That would be very cool (and useful). Probably a lot of work though.

Jason Bottjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanzee
Cayars,
Another thing that might be nice is if the mini guide would browse the recordings menu if you are watching a recording, browse the tv guide when watching live tv, browse archived shows while watching an archived show, media libraries etc.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
WAF just noticed a glitch I don't believe appeared until installed v15. We have a bunch of previous seasons Stargates archived. Have Fav's set for 1st&-reruns since missed some espisodes. This evening noticed in current Sage recordings an espisode thought archived. Checked and sure enough it's in archives too. Archive recording from Sept 04 while new one recorded this month. Both had same title description orig' airdate EPG number etc. Wondered what would happen if archived the new recording so did. Weird, BOTH recordings of same epsisode now were in archive. Ok, deleted the oldest with "liked watched" and then checked to see what happened with the other one. It wasn't deleted but it WAS changed to watched!Bizarro.

Hadn't gone to v16 so did this evening. Will see if the glitch remains...
Tiss a glitch in the core SageTV and not at the STV level.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
I thought of that one a while back. That would be very cool (and useful). Probably a lot of work though.

Jason Bottjen
This won't happen. It's going to be a mini-TV Guide only thing.

Talk about your "lazy" surfer.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkimmell
I am having a problem with the Mini Guide in final release 16. When pressing enter in the mini guide it doesn't change the channel. It worked in the test release 16C.

Also would it be possible to make the Mini Guide start at the channel that your currently watching?
This should be the default behavior in the Mini-Guide. I had a nasty problem in Studio that wacked some of my code (one of the reasons Studio hasn't been released) and I had to import the OSD code from an older 16 version of my STV. I then had to re-link lots of code pieces with the rest of the STV. I've thought I found all the links but probably missed something here. I'll check on it for a patch release.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

Cayars -

I believe I posted about the bug with the mini-guide some time ago, but think you missed it.

If the video is set for background, when you select a show from the EPG and it comes up with that channal full screen, then the mini-guide will have the current channel.

However, if you have the video set for a preview window (instead of background), when you select a show from the EPG it first comes up in the preview window (upper right). Then you hit OK/select again to get it to display full screen. In this situation the mini-guide will start out at the lowest channel instead of the current channel.

Think it looses the current channel info when using a preview window because of having to select the show twice from the EPG to get to full screen.

Hope this makes a bit more sense to you for describing the problem. Dont' know if you can actually work around it or not though.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:17 AM
Sage Icon

On the Client I also changed the external player to PowerDVD and all of a sudden, I get no liveTV. I can goto veiw tv and it works. But when I try to click on something from livetv guide, sage minimizes and nothing happens.

EDIT: After a reboot the first time I try to open tv from the guide, it opens up PowerDVD, but this just happens the fuirst time. And obviously livetv won't work with PowerDVD

Also, when I Use PowerDVD and open a video from Sage and try to use the remote to FF or RW the video stops playing?

Last edited by dvd_maniac; 12-30-2004 at 09:22 AM.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Cayars -

I believe I posted about the bug with the mini-guide some time ago, but think you missed it.

If the video is set for background, when you select a show from the EPG and it comes up with that channal full screen, then the mini-guide will have the current channel.

However, if you have the video set for a preview window (instead of background), when you select a show from the EPG it first comes up in the preview window (upper right). Then you hit OK/select again to get it to display full screen. In this situation the mini-guide will start out at the lowest channel instead of the current channel.

Think it looses the current channel info when using a preview window because of having to select the show twice from the EPG to get to full screen.

Hope this makes a bit more sense to you for describing the problem. Dont' know if you can actually work around it or not though.
OK I'm confused on this. Is it a guide issue (outside the OSD) or mini-guide issue (inside the OSD). From the description here I think it's not a mini-guide issue but something in the TV Guide itself correct?
Old 12-30-2004, 09:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
On the Client I also changed the external player to PowerDVD and all of a sudden, I get no liveTV. I can goto veiw tv and it works. But when I try to click on something from livetv guide, sage minimizes and nothing happens.

EDIT: After a reboot the first time I try to open tv from the guide, it opens up PowerDVD, but this just happens the fuirst time. And obviously livetv won't work with PowerDVD

Also, when I Use PowerDVD and open a video from Sage and try to use the remote to FF or RW the video stops playing?
I never gave a thought to the LiveTV part. I'll check on this.
I don't know anything about how you have your remote setup to work with PowerDVD but this will need to be setup outside of Sage using the hauppauge software or with Girder or by some other means. SageTV/Cayars STV isn't going to control your 3rd party application.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Sage Icon

Remote issue: When not using the STV it works fine. When opening a file in powerdvd outside of Sage it works fine as well. The only time it does this odd behavior is when I open a file from sage into PowerDVD.

The LiveTV guide works fine on the server, just not on my Client.

Last edited by dvd_maniac; 12-30-2004 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
Upgraded from v15 to v16 this evening. Noticed shows still showed icons as comskip etc. Popped into one and no purples? Watched and confirmed it didn't jump. Checked physical directory and comskip files were there. Tried running comskip (was an option even though CS icon lit) and finished in a heartbeat with 3 sections found etc. Went to watch and guess again. Still nogo.

No real biggy, manually deleted all the associated comskip files and running comskip over again on just under 1TB recorded stuff! (did *.txt etc searches of dir and select all, not totally manually )
I ran through a bunch of my shows with CS data and they all worked as expected. Is anybody else seeing any problems with CS in the OSD?
Old 12-30-2004, 10:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
How many of you guys are using my STV with a Hauppauge MVP player instead of a Video Card?
I am. 2 clients under Matt's MVP and 2 clients under the full client. All works well.

Phil
Old 12-30-2004, 02:54 PM
Sage User

I found something else that is not working as expected. I cannot select back to back shows to record while browsing the Main guide. I have 1 min default padding setup before and after each favorite. I also have selected to remove padding on back to back recordings. This setting doesn't seem to work in this situation.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I cannot select back to back shows to record while browsing the Main guide. I have 1 min default padding setup before and after each favorite. I also have selected to remove padding on back to back recordings. This setting doesn't seem to work in this situation.
Are both shows on the same channel? The remove padding on back to back recordings only applies to shows on the same channel.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFranch
Are both shows on the same channel? The remove padding on back to back recordings only applies to shows on the same channel.

Yes the back to back shows that I was trying to record were both are on the same channel.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I found something else that is not working as expected. I cannot select back to back shows to record while browsing the Main guide. I have 1 min default padding setup before and after each favorite. I also have selected to remove padding on back to back recordings. This setting doesn't seem to work in this situation.
Can you elaborate more on this for us? Why can't you select them? Do you get an error message? Does it except it but not record? Does it do nothing on the second show? More info please.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:47 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Can you elaborate more on this for us? Why can't you select them? Do you get an error message? Does it except it but not record? Does it do nothing on the second show? More info please.
Basically it says that the program I am trying mark to record conflicts with the first show that I marked to record and it prompts me to record the first or second show.

I can remove the 1 min padding and it works fine but it is nice having the padding.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I am having a possibly related problem, I have sage set to pad 1 min before and 2 min after on all shows, and remove padding on back to back. I have 2 favorites that recorded a same channel, back to back, yesterday. The first 2 minutes of the second show were recorded as part of the first show, the time bar on the second show has a red (not recorded) section for the first two minutes. And of course when I watched the first two minutes of the second show at the end of the first recording I was not fast enough with the pause button and I got the "end of show blue screen and reboot" , Just my luck.

BTW, I love the STV, I don't know how I ever survived before it!!!!
Thanks for all your hard work.