SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-17-2004, 03:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

In version 15 with 2.2.2. When using comskip if you leave a video paused for some length of time (roughly 10 - 15 minutes) when you return comskip no longer works for that video. If I disable and re-enable comskip it still does not work. When you switch to a new show it works again.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Referenced post doesn't address the question of why when Comskip run on archived show it says "failed" when it ran fine... BTW, runs and returns "completed etc." from recorded shows ok.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Feature Request.

I don't know if anybody has already requested this but I thought that it would be nice to have a more expanded "delete all" function. Currently (Malore, I think) when you click "Delete All" in the recordings menu, it is specific to the program that happened to be highlighted when you entered the recording options screen.
I.e. would you like to delete all episodes of batman? Yes, Only Watched, No.

Frequently I have need to clear up a large bunch of disk space and would like to have a feature to delete all watched recordings regardless of which program is highlighted.

It is my personal preference to keep the recordings list less cluttered and maintain more free disk space rather than let sage choose what files to delete when the disk is full. I also have been stopping playback before the absolute end of the show to help avoid lockups / slow response with the PVR350. Maybe that issue is fixed in 2.2.2 and Cayars16 but I have been avoiding the auto delete feature because of it. This creates lots of shows in the recordings menu that are marked as watched. It would be nice to be able to clear all the watched recordings out the entire recordings menue with one command instead of doing it repeatedly for each program.

Having more free disk space may help avoid some disk fragmentation too.

Just a thought.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Sage User

I realy like the option of the stv to get a overview of the upcomming movies. The only thing is that I can't get this working in the Netherlands. How is the STV determing it is a movie, by the word movie? The word for movie in Dutch is film. It might be a great option to make a variable for this search string, which can be changes from the properties or so.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oajungen
I realy like the option of the stv to get a overview of the upcomming movies. The only thing is that I can't get this working in the Netherlands. How is the STV determing it is a movie, by the word movie? The word for movie in Dutch is film. It might be a great option to make a variable for this search string, which can be changes from the properties or so.
I might be wrong but I think the list of movies is created based on the channels that you have defined in Detailed Setup=>Enhancements=>Set Movie Channels. If I remember right it has some entries there by default, but if you clear the entries then it will display shows in the "Movie" category on any channel.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:28 PM
Sage User

Try this XMLTVImportPlugin: http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...3378#post43378. It has category translation.

I'm currently working on a version with better ID generation and import of data from IMDB (and maybe TVTome?). But that'll be a few days yet.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanzee
I don't know if anybody has already requested this but I thought that it would be nice to have a more expanded "delete all" function. Currently (Malore, I think) when you click "Delete All" in the recordings menu, it is specific to the program that happened to be highlighted when you entered the recording options screen.
I.e. would you like to delete all episodes of batman? Yes, Only Watched, No.

Frequently I have need to clear up a large bunch of disk space and would like to have a feature to delete all watched recordings regardless of which program is highlighted.

It is my personal preference to keep the recordings list less cluttered and maintain more free disk space rather than let sage choose what files to delete when the disk is full. I also have been stopping playback before the absolute end of the show to help avoid lockups / slow response with the PVR350. Maybe that issue is fixed in 2.2.2 and Cayars16 but I have been avoiding the auto delete feature because of it. This creates lots of shows in the recordings menu that are marked as watched. It would be nice to be able to clear all the watched recordings out the entire recordings menue with one command instead of doing it repeatedly for each program.

Having more free disk space may help avoid some disk fragmentation too.

Just a thought.
You should be able to do this already in the Malore view by choosing Single Group in the grouping options instead of by Title. Then just change it back after you delete what you need deleted.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question

Quote:
* Could we add a real quick yes/no setting to enable/disable your new delete behaviour? I personally like the old way of just pushing delete and saying yes. All those choices make me think when I'm just trying to zombie out and watch tv!
This is already configurable in Detailed Setup. If you have it disabled it will function like it did in the OriginalV2.stv except for a fix I put in that keeps it from "hanging" at the end of the file. This is version 16 I'm talking about.
Quote:
* Maybe it's intentional? But, at the end of watching a show, the video just stops and doesn't return to the menu. This gets my 2-year-old a little excited! If it's intentional, could we get a yes/no option?
Yep, this is the fix I just mentioned above.

Did this new setting make it into 16B? I double checked and couldn't find it anywhere..
Old 12-17-2004, 11:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

hi cayars:

does the current version (16b) support easy setup compression?
Old 12-18-2004, 05:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
I have a number of recorded shows already moved to Archives. When I run comskip on an archived show it starts and runs fine but always returns a "failed" popup on completion. (using STV15, Sage2.1.10, WinXP Pro sp1 on Server, sp2 on Clients) However, when I playback check the episode comskip segments are there. I ran it 5 times on archived shows using two different Clients, both same "failed" popup. No biggy, it works it just doesn't know it!
The return code sent back from ComSkip got changed but the STV code hadn't been updated. I made the changes for this and it will work correctly in Test C.

Last edited by Cayars; 12-18-2004 at 05:23 AM.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchucky
How about adding a way to categorize favorites? Currently my recorded shows are littered with my son's and wife's recordings. It would be great if when we define a favorite we could assign it to a category. Then be able to add menu items which in turn point to filtered (by category) recording show lists.

So rather then just have TV Recordings have the following:

Family TV Recordings
Mom's TV Recordings
Dad's TV Recordings
Jr's TV Recordings
etc...

HC
This or something very close to it has been on my "wish list" since day one of SageTV. Unfortunately, I don't have access to this via Stuido so it's a NO GO on this one.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Bug:

In your new music library screen, it shows 6 albums (2x3). however, there is no way to scroll down to see more than 6. At first I wasn't sure if this was because I only had 6 albums, but I'm pretty sure now that thats not the case. I can see different albums when I use the "Sort by" feature
This has been fixed for Test C.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oajungen
Do as mentioned in message 1485 or just bring up the options on that screen and you should be able to add the channels there as well as in Detailed Setup.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio
hi cayars:

does the current version (16b) support easy setup compression?
It does support ffmpeg compression but it's not in the ZIP yet. You could add it yourself or wait. What I'm trying to do is get the STV related bugs fixed before introducing a few more things.

The Compression and DVD Burning WILL be part of the 16 release.

To be honest, I've never used the ffmpeg stuff myself since it doesn't support UNC mappings (bummer). I'm going to attempt to take care of this by copying the file to a local storage drive space then calling the ffmpeg executable and then when it's done copying the file back.

It's not a great solution as I hate to have to copy files but it's the only way UNC mapping people will be able to use it unless they switch to drive letter mappings which is probably worse for some people as it used up the 10 connection limit in XP quite fast and causes problems.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:25 AM
Sage Icon

I'm still working on a few more bug fixes/enhancements and should have Test C ready sometime today.

With any luck we should see a true release of 16 sometime between Monday and Wednesday.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:37 AM
Sage Icon

Has anyone with Daemon Tools installed tried the ISO automount feature for playing DVDs?

It's very cool!
Old 12-18-2004, 07:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Has anyone with Daemon Tools installed tried the ISO automount feature for playing DVDs?

It's very cool!
I'd love to try it but my DVD images are in .img .cdi and .md5 formats and not .iso
Old 12-18-2004, 07:59 AM
Sage Icon

With the compression and DVD burning coming out I think I may need to change my default recording quality to the 1.8GB dvd qual instead of great 2gb/hr so I can save time on the re-encoding.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
I'd love to try it but my DVD images are in .img .cdi and .md5 formats and not .iso
It will actually support all the following types:
cue/bin
iso
ccd (CloneCD)
bwt (Blindwrite)
mds (Media Descriptor File)
cdi (Discjuggler)
nrg (Nero)
pdi (Instant CD/DVD)
b5t (BlindWrite 5)

What types are .cdi and .md5? What program do you use to create these types?
Old 12-18-2004, 11:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
This didn't work. I'm thinking I might need a copy of your properties file also. Could you post this also?

Thanks,
Carlo
Carlo,
I have put my Propertaies and Wiz in this file:
http://www.chrisjg.com/chris/propwiz.zip

And also my epgdata at:
http://www.chrisjg.com/chris/epgdata.zip

In other news: I have just bitten the bullet and upgraded to 2.2 so far so good.
I did notice with 16TestB that the TVguide has every 1/2 hour as a visibile block. Even if the shows go for an hour or more. When the shows are highlighted they look right, but off it makes it very hard to see.

Here is a picture of the issue. You can also see that the Description from the header area is also missing from the program that is highlighted (you can see it when you select the show)

http://www.chrisjg.com/chris/guide.jpg

Again, Thanks for all your effort Carlos.

Cheers
Chris