SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Sage Icon

Without even looking at the code the easiest test here would be to have CyRex disable comskip altogether then close and restart Sage and see if he still has the problem.

From what I understand about how standby works is that there is an internal counter in windows that will reset to 0 every time another process uses more than 10% of the cpu and AFAIK Sage just depends on windows power management to enter Standby so if you have comskip running in the background and it is processing shows it should theoretically not allow the system to enter standby. However, once it no longer has any shows to process I would assume that nothing would exceed 10% cpu usage and then the system idle counter would start going until the standby time set in windows is met.

Here is a little more info:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310601

Last edited by ToxMox; 12-07-2004 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Sage Icon

Sound reasonable to me
Old 12-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Sage Icon

New bug?

I like your new 4 options to delete when a show ends, but when coupled with my pvr350 end of file I've noticed an undesired feature.

The good news, I no longer get as many end-of-file crashes it has been reduced to about half of what it used to be.

The bad news, that half that used to crash Sage, now completely reboots the system. I click delete -> sage box does cold restart.

I don't know exactly what happens, but this is worse than the standard end-of-file crash. I don't seem to get this with the standard STV, so that's why I'm posting it here, not as a bug. I'm using 2.1.10, and Cayars15.

Other than this, everything is peachy. Cayars, you've done an amazing job keeping this STV moving in an awesome direction. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:50 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks Crashless,

BTW, that's not a bug you just described but an undocumented feature. You see during the delete process I do a resource check. If you're using to many resources then I take care of this for you.

Kidding aside, I made a couple of little changes to the end of play routines, so let's see if this helps. If not I'll investigate more.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Sage Icon

Just to pick things up a little bit. Besides a few bug fixes here and there, version 16 won't have many internal changes in it. Most of the work I'm doing on this release is to integrate functionality from external applications.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysek
Ah, after deleting the recording I think it would be great if menu could go directly to the recording menu so no extra steps would be required to go there...
Hey Carlo, are you ignoring me?
Just kidding, but since we are getting other people requesting this now, do you think this is something that can be done?

If I am interpreting this right I think chrystek wants SAGE to go back to the recording menus, and I was also requesting that pressing STOP would put you back there as well - or to the last screen you were on before starting the show...

Last edited by rsagetv99; 12-07-2004 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm, thought I already said it somewhere that, I fixed the code so it now goes to your designated Recording Shortcut after a delete.

I haven't touched the stop command but I don't see a reason why I couldn't do that also.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Hmm, thought I already said it somewhere that, I fixed the code so it now goes to your designated Recording Shortcut after a delete.

I haven't touched the stop command but I don't see a reason why I couldn't do that also.
OK, that would be great!

While on the subject of Remote commands, I have one of the new 45 button remotes and have noticed that the Navigation buttons don't really do anything while viewing a show/TV since the Channel and Volume buttons are separate now. Do you have any ideas (STV or not) on how to map those buttons to some useful functions? I was thinking Left=Command4, Right=Command5, Up=Show Info/Description, and Down=Mini-Guide - or something like that. I tried mapping some of this myself, but it ended up screwing up the buttons in the other screens.

I guess what I am looking for is the ability to have context-based remote key mappings. Is this possible?
Old 12-07-2004, 10:30 PM
Sage User

After upgrading from 13 to 15 here are a few more errors I've encountered in addition to the ones I spoke about on page 65.

- Comskip does not initiate unless done manually. Even then, when it finishes it states that it failed. *seems to work somewhat well anyway though*

- had something currently recording that was not what the guide said should be on. since I have no option to stop or say its a recording error till its done I tried to simply switch channels and tell conflict detection to ignore it. when I try that it returns this error.

***User rejected conflict resolution options for playback request***
Old 12-08-2004, 06:01 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernoob
- Comskip does not initiate unless done manually. Even then, when it finishes it states that it failed. *seems to work somewhat well anyway though*
Programs can let their "parent" know what happened by returning a number. Normally, 0 means everything went fine and anything else means sometype of error. A couple versions ago, I had a request so that comskip could report if it found any commercials. So comskip no returns a 1 if commercials were found. The STV is checking for a 0 so reports a 1 as an error.

Don't worry. It'll be fixed.

Jere
Old 12-08-2004, 07:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Sound reasonable to me
Update >> Apparently I should have waited another day before asking about the power management... When I woke up this morning my computer was fast asleep, so I guess all of the comskip processing was out of the way.

Thanks for the help anyway...
Old 12-08-2004, 08:18 AM
Sage Icon

I am having trouble using the DVD rip function. I noticed that there are 2 lines in the DVDrip.bat file. one for just the movie and another for everything. Do i need to delete the one i don't want? I changed the paths to my current drives but when I click on the Rip DVD function, nothing happens. If anyone wants to post their line that would be great. I'm ripping from D and storing to F.
Thanks
JUC
Old 12-08-2004, 08:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am sure this is an entirely stupid question, but do you have DVD Decrypter installed?

If you do you and it still doesn't work, you could always try adding a line to the .bat file like "echo Processed > dvdrip.log". If it creates the dvdrip.log file, at least this would assure you that the batch file is getting executed.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

DVD Decrypter is installed and working fine. If i add that line to the dvdrip.bat file--where will it output the log--to where I specified the destination folder? And, do I need to delete the one line that I will not be using (I want to rip the whole movie with menus). Can someone post a working .bat file for me? I think i may have just messed it up when I was editing it. thanks
JUC
Old 12-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
DVD Decrypter is installed and working fine. If i add that line to the dvdrip.bat file--where will it output the log--to where I specified the destination folder? And, do I need to delete the one line that I will not be using (I want to rip the whole movie with menus). Can someone post a working .bat file for me? I think i may have just messed it up when I was editing it. thanks
JUC
This was working for me awhile back, I have not tried it lately though.

@echo off
REM Un-comment the type of RIP you'd like to use
REM change the /SRC parameter to use your DVD drive
REM change the /DEST parameter to use your selected drive/folder

REM command line below will RIP ONLY the MOVIE "/FILES MOVIE"
REM "C:\Program Files\DVD Decrypter\DVDdecrypter.exe" /MODE FILE /SRC D: /DEST C:\DVDs\[DISC_LABEL]\VIDEO_TS /FILES MOVIE /Start /Close

REM command line below will RIP ALL movie files "/FILES ALL"
"C:\Program Files\DVD Decrypter\DVDdecrypter.exe" /MODE FILE /SRC D: /DEST C:\DVDs\[DISC_LABEL]\VIDEO_TS /FILES ALL /Start /Close

exit
Old 12-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Sage Icon

thanks, i will try it when i get home. But--how does it know whether to rip the entire DVD or just the movie portion. Those are two different lines resulting in two different rips aren't they?
JUC
Old 12-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Sage Icon

Here's my dvdrip.bat where I added the command line to rip in IFO mode, movie only. I also set DVD Decryptor up to stream process and keep only the 0xEO and 0x80 streams (movie and AC3 6 channel audio). Now it's all ready for Dr. Divx but I can't find any command lines parameters for the Dr.

@echo off
REM Un-comment the type of RIP you'd like to use
REM change the /SRC parameter to use your DVD drive
REM change the /DEST parameter to use your selected drive/folder

REM command line below will RIP ONLY the MOVIE "/FILES MOVIE"
rem "C:\Program Files\DVD Decrypter\DVDdecrypter.exe" /MODE FILE /SRC E: /DEST D:\Source\DVD\[DISC_LABEL]\VIDEO_TS /FILES MOVIE /Start /Close

REM command line below will RIP ALL movie files "/FILES ALL"
rem "C:\Program Files\DVD Decrypter\DVDdecrypter.exe" /MODE FILE /SRC E: /DEST D:\Source\DVDs\[DISC_LABEL]\VIDEO_TS /FILES ALL /Start /Close

REM command line below will RIP ONLY the MOVIE in IFO mode keeping only video and 0x80 audio
"C:\Program Files\DVD Decrypter\DVDdecrypter.exe" /MODE IFO /SRC E: /DEST D:\DVD\[DISC_LABEL]\VIDEO_TS /FILES MOVIE /Start /Close

exit
Old 12-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
thanks, i will try it when i get home. But--how does it know whether to rip the entire DVD or just the movie portion. Those are two different lines resulting in two different rips aren't they?
JUC
Hope I'm not stating the obvious, but the 'REM' in front of the lines in the batch file just comment out the lines, so they are not executed. You need to decide beforehand whether you want to rip the whole disc or just the movie. Once you decide what you want to do, you go into the bat file, and remove the 'REM' that is in front of the corresponding command. So at any given time, the batch file should only be executing dvddecrypter once. Neither SageTV nor dvdDecrypter make the decision to rip the entire dvd or just the movie, it is all up to you...

That help?
Old 12-08-2004, 01:52 PM
Sage Icon

okay, thanks alot. I think i should be able to get this working. Do you have a folder structure like this for your DVD's: DVD\[DISC_LABEL]\VIDEO_TS /FILES ALL /Start /Close or is there just one folder labelled DVD? One more thing i am grappling with (and excuse my ignorance), it seems that the .bat has three command lines, 1 for the just the movie, 1 for all the files, and now with the new one 1 for IFO Movies. If all three of them are in the .bat file, which one is used? Do i need to delete the ones that I don't want, or does it go by the last command line in the .bat?
thanks
JUC
Old 12-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
JUC
Not sure what all command line options can be used, but the way I have it the entire movie will be ripped including menus.