SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Carlo, that confirms that I'm not going crazy (I think! )

davey
Old 12-04-2004, 02:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
i am still getting the watched bar problem with testcode d. just so you know, the weird rendering problem is for shows that I haven't watched-so for shows that should not be colored inat all are colored in all funky.
So the shows with some length of color coded bar look good, but those that haven't been watched at all look bad correct?
Old 12-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Lock ups

I have had version C lock up twice. The UI is stalled and it is possible that the Sage app is stuck in a high CPU usage loop but I haven't been able to confirm that. Version B does NOT exhibit this behavior and I have not tried version D. I am using 2.1.10 of Sage.

Am I alone in seeing these symptoms or is it an understood problem?

Lynn
Old 12-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
So the shows with some length of color coded bar look good, but those that haven't been watched at all look bad correct?
close. Not all of them look bad, just a one or two. For instance, if I have 2 recordings of unwatched South Park, one of them has the crazy rendering.

it would really help if you could see this on your system. its almost impossible to debug for someone else's system
Old 12-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Sage Icon

Version 15 has been officially released. Please see the first message.
If you are upgrading from a test version, please replace all files in the Cayars15.zip file with the exception of the cayars-menu.xml file which did not change from the D test code release.

Anyone upgrading from any release prior to version 15 TestCode D will need to replace all files in Cayars15.zip.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmy925
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. I like to use the 3d accelteration. I have a cheap MSI FX5200 card. From time to time when I bring up the live TV guid things wig out and I get garbled shadding to the TV menue. I can see text...TV behind looks fine. Its almost like it cant fill the polygons used for the menu properly. I had this problem with another STV. Not sure which one. Might be a carry over since this is a combo of STVs. Any else seen this and is there a setting to fix this or something that needs to be done about this?
I am seeing the same issue with Cayars15. I do not see this on other STVs. My card is an Nvidia GeForce4 MX (on motherboard). I am using VMR9. Attached is a screenshot.

I am using the latest driver from Nvidia. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. This looks like a great STV! Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png garbled guide.png (139.1 KB, 243 views)
Old 12-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Sage Icon

When I get to the end of a show, I am just getting a black screen (got this with R14 as well).

I have the option to show the delete menus turned off.

Shouldn't the show return to the Recordings view when you get to the end of a recording?

Jason Bottjen
Old 12-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason531
I am seeing the same issue with Cayars15. I do not see this on other STVs. My card is an Nvidia GeForce4 MX (on motherboard). I am using VMR9. Attached is a screenshot.

I am using the latest driver from Nvidia. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. This looks like a great STV! Thanks.
Out of curiousity, if you turn off watched bars does this problem go away?
Old 12-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
When I get to the end of a show, I am just getting a black screen (got this with R14 as well).

I have the option to show the delete menus turned off.

Shouldn't the show return to the Recordings view when you get to the end of a recording?

Jason Bottjen
I'm not sure what it should do. I would think it would do whatever it used to do in the OriginalV2 stv. Care to check this out and report back what that stv does?
Old 12-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Out of curiousity, if you turn off watched bars does this problem go away?
Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried turning off watched bars and still have the problem.

Any other ideas? I really appreciate the help.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:53 PM
Sage Icon

Jason531, do me a favor and turn off the IconBar and see if this does anything at all.

What really seems strange to me in the graphic you provided is the border that should be around the video is way over to the left.

Also for kicks, try running in Overlay mode for a test and report back your findings.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Sage User

Hi Cayars,

Thanks again for your help. I turned off the IconBar but it didn't help.

Running in overlay mode works fairly well, except is is not as pretty (of course) and there is a black square in the middle of the preview window. I do not get the weird layout problems in overlay mode, though.

****** Update ********
I reinstalled DirectX 9.0c and it seems to be working in VMR9 mode now. It is strange because the installer didn't seem to actually do anything -- it just said something like "all components installed."

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by jason531; 12-05-2004 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Sage Icon

In the original it goes back the the recordings screen. It still does using Nielm's STV as well if I load it up.

If I remember right this changed in Cayars R14. For me.

I am solely using Matt's Media MVP client, but since it appears to work in other STVs, I assumed it was an STV issue.

Not a huge issue, but annoying.

Thanks,
Jason

Quote:
I'm not sure what it should do. I would think it would do whatever it used to do in the OriginalV2 stv. Care to check this out and report back what that stv does?
Old 12-05-2004, 03:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
Don't know if this is related or not to Cayars STV, but...

In v2.0 of SageTV at the end of a Recording it would close the file and go back to the Recordings view. With v2.1 (and now also v2.2 beta), even when using the OriginalV2.stv it does not close the file and may or may not go back to the Recordings view (depending if set for video background or in a window).

If the last scene of what you were watch happens to be a fade to black, then you end up with a black screen and it just sits there. Have to either use Options and Close to get back out, or navigate some other way out of things.

I had reported this as a bug way back in the betas of v2.1 and Frey seems to have just ignored my bug report (didn't get any e-mail reply) and it continued to be like this in the final v2.1 and still is in the beta v2.2.

Not closing the file at the end was some kind of work around for problems with the PVR-350 output crashing back in v2.0. I don't know why they made it work this way all the time for everyone else without anyway to change this behavior (that I know of anyway).

I'll be reporting this as a bug again for v2.2, but since they didn't do anything about it before when I reported this back with the v2.1 betas, I have my doubts about them doing anything about it in v2.2 as well.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:31 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for confirming that mls.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Sage Icon

NOPE. I am not losing my mind... I just tested it AGAIN. Here is what I found on my machines.

I am using v2.1.10 (not the 2.2 beta).

1. It works correctly when using the OriginalV2.STV (returns to Sage Recordings screen)
2. It works correctly with CayarsV21E (returns to Sage Recordings screen)
3. It does NOT work correctly with Cayars14 (freezes at black screen)
4. It does NOT work correctly with Cayars15 (freezes at black screen)

It seems that it almost HAS to be a STV problem.

Jason Bottjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
With v2.1 (and now also v2.2 beta), even when using the OriginalV2.stv it does not close the file and may or may not go back to the Recordings view (depending if set for video background or in a window).

and it continued to be like this in the final v2.1 and still is in the beta v2.2.

Last edited by JasonJoel; 12-05-2004 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Carlo,

I'm still getting the black square in the middle of the preview window for Default and Overlay. It's not there in VMR9 but I can't use it due to tearing. If I go back to the origininalV2.stv there is no black square in the preview window... here is a screenshot...

Davey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg preview.jpg (154.4 KB, 199 views)
Old 12-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Sage Icon

JasonJoel,

I think it works in some and not other versions of OriginalV2.stv but I know this has been fixed in Cayars for the next version. Just got done making the changes.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Sage Icon

I'm pretty sure I've nailed the music issue in Visualizations. I was finally able to reproduce this issue and as soon as I could reproduce it I was able to fix it. In a nutshell the issue was from code "attached" to the timebar at the bottom of the screen. I enherited the code/bug and I'd assume it will probably be reproducable in any of the STV files that support ComSkip commercial skipping as done in the original Malore version.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:40 PM
Sage Icon

You're the greatest.

Sorry to take up your time on a (relatively) minor issue such as this, though.

Jason

Quote:
JasonJoel,

I think it works in some and not other versions of OriginalV2.stv but I know this has been fixed in Cayars for the next version. Just got done making the changes.