SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Sage Icon

rsagetv99, I don't see anyway to be able to do the things in post 798 since I don't have access to the functions/core stuff needed to do this.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:43 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
rsagetv99, I don't see anyway to be able to do the things in post 798 since I don't have access to the functions/core stuff needed to do this.
OK, that's why I asked. So do I request this through SAGE support? I've never done that, is it just a matter of posting to another thread?
Old 12-02-2004, 10:47 AM
Sage Icon

rsage: I believe you may be able to achieve what you want already by setting up a category favorite that is restricted to a certain channel and certain timeslot.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Sage Expert

one thing I keep on forgetting to mention. If you go into Detailed Setup-->Commands-->(the second option where you can see what your remote keys are mapped to), it doesn't display anything when you hit keys. The white box where the commands show up isn't even there. I checked that it works in original STV.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Sage Expert

Is anyone else having stability issues with this STV? Running v2.1.10 with Sage running as a service, the client freezes several times each night. It almost appears to be Comskip related, because every time it freezes and I end the Sage Client task, Comskip is running. I also cannot get Sage to restart until I end the Comskip task.

By freeze I mean no audio and the picture freezes on a frame. Sometimes it will continue after about 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Girder still accepts remote commands (I have Tivo beeps associated with some buttons).

I like this STV so much that I've just been living with it. But I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this issue. The WAF has dropped WAY down with this instability and the "flickering" video issue with SP2.

P4 3.0 GHz, 1 Gig PC3200, 3x160 + 1x400 Gig HD, FX5200, WinXP Professional SP2, SageTV v2.1.10, Cayars14, Nvidia 4.x decoder, VMR9, 720x480 via SVideo to 35" SDTV
Old 12-02-2004, 01:33 PM
Sage Icon

It very well could be your CPU is over taxed from ComSkip running. Try turning ComSkip processing off for a day or two and see if your problems go away.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:36 PM
Sage Icon

I can't start the Sage interface either until comskip.exe finishes or is killed. This isn't STV related though.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Carlo,

This STV just keeps getting better and better, thanks for your efforts.

I am wondering if it would look a little cleaner if the left arrow at the top left of the screen was removed when the Sage logo was selected to perform the same back function?

Also, would it make sense to use the same units (I like %) for the icon bar transparancy and for the watched bar transparancy and anywhere else you have a transparancy selection? Which raises the question of how or where the top center disk status bar transparency is set. Seems like it could be tied to one of the others.

Lynn
Old 12-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Sage Icon

Your welcome ellweber,

I actually played around with the idea of removing the arrow. Basically, it's so small and out of the way that you really don't notice it's not there. So I put it back. If I think of this later, I'll make it configurable.

BTW, for those who haven't discovered this yet I added a config so that you can click on the logo position disk status bar and use this as a back arrow (just as you could with the sage icon. The functionlity you used to get when clicking on the status bar were moved to the options dialog on the dynamic menus.

I figured this would work better for the rodent users.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
one thing I keep on forgetting to mention. If you go into Detailed Setup-->Commands-->(the second option where you can see what your remote keys are mapped to), it doesn't display anything when you hit keys. The white box where the commands show up isn't even there. I checked that it works in original STV.
This is fixed amoung a few other things for TestCodeC which I'll be putting up in a few hours.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

Were you able to fix the Setup Wizard locking up with multiple tuner issue in this release?
Old 12-02-2004, 04:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber
Would it make sense to use the same units (I like %) for the icon bar transparancy and for the watched bar transparancy and anywhere else you have a transparancy selection? Which raises the question of how or where the top center disk status bar transparency is set. Seems like it could be tied to one of the others.
Any comments on transparancy config?
Old 12-02-2004, 04:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysek
Awesome job, I see so many nice features, its getting just better and better... I love those icons on recordings like was that favorite, manual recording, or was it 1st time aired, etc, love all those things... and I like keyword favorite option, I had problems when I entered keyword, my sagetv gui locked up, had to restart it...

Anyway its awesome...

just one comment... when there are back to back recordings and there is padding on this feature is great but if you have two shows on the same channel and padding is on I get a conflict and I cannot se up manual recording... or I get a complain that there is a conflict and then recording is set... not sure if this is right behavior or not.

But I love this STV with all features, it is so pretty and so functional and so many options.. I just love it...

Chris
Chris, check out this option that I added. It might help you some of the time. Detailed Setup->Server->Remove Padding on Back to Back...

Will only help on same channel back to backs but none the less a help. BTW, I do believe it will still record all the shows even though it gives a conflict. It will use the show with the highest priority and use the padding for that show. The second favorite will record but not have the padding. This is what I've seen.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:23 PM
Sage Icon

I'd like to take a stab at checking out the music related issues. If you have any issues at all in the music library speak now or for ever...

Try and give me a full run down of what's not working correctly so I don't have to read through the thread to find the info.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Were you able to fix the Setup Wizard locking up with multiple tuner issue in this release?
This is a new one. I don't recall this one. Give me a quick overview of what happens and how many tuners/EPGs do you have?
Old 12-02-2004, 04:48 PM
Sage Expert

Music:

Realize that my request for this has changed a little. I said I thought this was an STV related issue because I didn't have any problems playing music on the original STV. What i realize is that on the Original STV, whne I play music, it doesnt' give me a visualization, just black screen (same behavior with a couple of other STV's). When I use yours (which has visualizations), what happens is that I try to go to the visualization screen and it freezes on that screen and the music repeats 2 second intervals over and over again until I stop playback.

So, I'll submit a bug report to Frey but if its easy, I'd like to be able to have the option to turn off Music Visualizations.

Also, any help regarding what might be causing this issue would be appreciated. I'm assuming video stuff has somethign to do with it so, for the record, I have NVDVD decoders with VMR9 and 3-D acceleration enabled.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
This is a new one. I don't recall this one. Give me a quick overview of what happens and how many tuners/EPGs do you have?
A couple other people mentioned it. Two tuners, when you click on the Channel Setup (sorry I had it mixed up) it locks SAGE, and if I remember right maybe the PC as well.

Doesn't do it in the OriginalV2.STV and the workaround is to go to the Setup Wizard and select the source and edit channels from there.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Sage Icon

OK Channel setup one I know about but haven't touched yet. Getting ready to. On my test system I now have 4 tuners and the channel setup still works fine. I only have one EPG lineup so I'll assume it's not tuner related but EPG related. Time to setup a new EPG.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Music:

Realize that my request for this has changed a little. I said I thought this was an STV related issue because I didn't have any problems playing music on the original STV. What i realize is that on the Original STV, whne I play music, it doesnt' give me a visualization, just black screen (same behavior with a couple of other STV's). When I use yours (which has visualizations), what happens is that I try to go to the visualization screen and it freezes on that screen and the music repeats 2 second intervals over and over again until I stop playback.

So, I'll submit a bug report to Frey but if its easy, I'd like to be able to have the option to turn off Music Visualizations.

Also, any help regarding what might be causing this issue would be appreciated. I'm assuming video stuff has somethign to do with it so, for the record, I have NVDVD decoders with VMR9 and 3-D acceleration enabled.
So the music will play fine unless you go into music visualizations?

Also, the functionality in my music is the same as the OriginalV2 which also has visualizations. The only difference that I remember is that I added sorting by Album and Sorting by Artist. No internal changes were made at all that I can remember. This is why this issue has perplexed me.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

From what I've seen, the Jukebox in v2.1 barely works at all to start with (and definately doesn't work correctly) with the OriginalV2.stv. Don't know how much Cayars can work around the klinkers of something that appears to only be half completed work for the Jukebox at Frey's end.