SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-01-2004, 08:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'd love to test it also (client and server).

thx!

Last edited by davey_fl; 12-01-2004 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:23 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
I am not sure if this a Cayars14.STV or a SageTV issue, but has anyone experienced in Cayars14.STV using (obviously) SageTV 2.1 where they would turn on there TV and the picture would be frozen as if paused? What is weird is if you rewind from here and hit play, it plays audio behind frozen picture. Pressing Stop Playback brings everything back to normal. See my stats in sig below.

I THINK this might happen when programs that are recorded are finished.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 12-01-2004, 08:37 AM
Sage Expert

i'v3e had this happen once or twice but extremely infrequently and don't really think it happened like you're saying. the only correlation is that my CPU usage was very high.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've noticed recently that if I leave a program paused for a long period of time then return to the show and begin watching again, the comskip stops working. I am using ver 14. It's not a big deal, but I was wondering if anybody else noticed this?
Old 12-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
I am not sure if this a Cayars14.STV or a SageTV issue, but has anyone experienced in Cayars14.STV using (obviously) SageTV 2.1 where they would turn on there TV and the picture would be frozen as if paused? What is weird is if you rewind from here and hit play, it plays audio behind frozen picture. Pressing Stop Playback brings everything back to normal. See my stats in sig below.

I haven't seen exactly what you are describing (i.e. during start of Live TV), but here's a situation in watching a recorded program where I see something similar to this:

Comskip has flagged commercials, including a commercial block at the very end of a program (e.g. runs from 58:00 to 60:00). Commercial auto-skip turned on. I watch program, skips commercials fine. But when it gets to 58:00, it skips the last commercial group and HANGS at the end of the recording with a black screen.

Now, at that point I can hit Stop and get out of the program without a problem, but that's often NOT what I want to do. What I want to do is to jump back to the beginning of that last commercial break so that I can watch the "scenes from next week" that are imbedded in the commercial break.

But if I hit the Custom 4 (comm jump back) key, or either of the normal jump back keys, it jumps back and begins playing with AUDIO ONLY. Video remains hung on a black screen.

The only way that I can see the previews in that last commercial break is either to:
  • Turn off Commercial autoskip BEFORE I get to the last break.
  • If already hung at the end, stop the program and rerun, turning off comm skip and forwarding to the end (a real pain).

I'll admit that this is a minor irritant in a great STV, but the family's starting to complaint about this behaviour. I'd love to see it fixed so that auto-skip of the last commerical leaves you PAUSED at the end of the recording, from which you can jump back and play normally.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, 2TB and 4TB SATA HDD's
SageTV v9.1.2.662, SageTV7.xml STV, Java v1.8.0_121
Server operating headless with 3 HD300 extenders as clients
Two HDHomeRun Primes (6 tuners) with 20170512beta1 firmware
Comcast cable TV, two cablecards in HDHRP's
OpenDCT 0.5.28 network encoder
Old 12-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia

On my mega powerful system (see sig) I have been getting the video frozen at the end of a show since I've switched to Sage2.1 and Cayars (use to use Sage2 and Nielm stv flawlessly). I've been restarting Sage to fix. I've turned off comskip for now and have the Delete menu enabled (this seems to help even though I don't like it). I would just like it to return to the main menu when the show finishes.

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix

Last edited by RedCoat999; 12-01-2004 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:09 PM

Red face

[QUOTE=infiniti_guy]Oh yeah, while I'm looking at v14, did anyone else have a back button issue when trying to return ("Back") from IMD lookup? It seems like there's an intermediate step involved in the IMD lookup, almost like it needs 2 back command real quick beacuse it goes back, but not back to the recording details page, and then a split second later, it shoots forward to the IMD lookup page again.

I didn't see anything in the last few pages, so I thought I would see if anyone else saw this [/QUOTE]

I am having the same thing, all the time
Old 12-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
Ah, who cares about reruns of that old version. I still haven't seen the new one! When is Sci-Fi gonna rerun that?
It it really kicked some but, I have it on DVD. (copied from the Sci-Fi channel!)

Starbuck never looked THAT good as he, uh..she does now. And lets not forget those pesky ugly new cylons....with the blond hair and all..

It was a real good show, I imagine they will rerun it before the series starts in Jan sometime.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 12-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

The "hang" issue does this in OriginalV2 also so it's not an STV issue. I haven't checked out yet to see if 2.2 fixes this.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
The "hang" issue does this in OriginalV2 also so it's not an STV issue. I haven't checked out yet to see if 2.2 fixes this.
Speaking of 2.2. Will you let us know when to upgrade to newer versions of the base software - or at least let us know what you are developing/running your STV on so we can run the same version.

I am a little confused as to which version I should be running. Right now I think I am running 2.1.9 per your suggestion in another thread to fix the hesitation problem.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Sage Icon

You can upgrade now to 2.2. There was no changes made to the STV. I'm running it on my machines.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

When did 2.2 come out? I am using 2.1.10. The link on sage says 2.1 also.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFranch
When did 2.2 come out? I am using 2.1.10. The link on sage says 2.1 also.
See this:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8629
Old 12-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
You can upgrade now to 2.2. There was no changes made to the STV. I'm running it on my machines.
Did they fix the hesitation problem?
Old 12-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

I must say I love this skin. I was however wondering if someone could answer me one question and save me the time of going through 56 pages of info in this thread. Is there a way to customize the menus so that only the options you want are there? Also what how exactly do you get the miniguide working. I'm not sure I know exactly what it is. Thanks
Old 12-01-2004, 03:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDMB
I must say I love this skin. I was however wondering if someone could answer me one question and save me the time of going through 56 pages of info in this thread. Is there a way to customize the menus so that only the options you want are there? Also what how exactly do you get the miniguide working. I'm not sure I know exactly what it is. Thanks
You can do a search on just this thread if you want, makes it a little easier - just look below the Search option.

The beauty of this STV is that it is pretty much totally customizable. Althogh I have not removed/changed any menu items, I believe this STV contains Nielm's dynamic menu in which you could add and remove menu items. You can click your yellow button on the remote to do this in most screens. For other screens that the yellow button does not work you can edit the menu.xml which I believe was renamed to something like cayars_menu.xml in this STV.

The mini-guide is the one line guide that you can bring up at the bottom of the screen while watching a show. With this guide you can browse up and down to see what's on other channels, then hit OK on the remote to switch to that channel.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Sage Icon

Edit: removed link for test version. Updated in another post.

Please make sure any bugs from previous versions are fixed and let me know if I "added" any new bugs.

See if you can figure out what's new. A couple things are works-in-progress but are usuable as it is coded for now.

Carlo

Last edited by Cayars; 12-01-2004 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:51 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
You can click your yellow button on the remote to do this in most screens.
all yellow buttons are not made the same . Its the options command, whatever button you have that mapped to. I think it is always a right click on a mouse.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Sage Expert

cayars15a

with a quick once over, initial thoughts:

-the info on the OSD (for enhanced and non-enhanced) is now black. Don't know if this is intentional. And actually that statement probably tells you how much i like it if it is intentional. but to each his own.

-interesting with the icons now being there kind of grayed out. personalyl i like it. however, i'm sure there will be people who won't. but its configurable, so cheers. WHOOPS: not quite configuring correctly. the default is set to .3. I went to change it, and it reads enter 0-50. hmm. go to enter .2 and it doesn't let me, goes to 0. Also, should point out most people don't have a remote control key for "."

-the problem with the watched bars is still happening. if you have it enabled and are watching tv it messes up-weird rendering.

-some setup options are colored now. can't figure out the color scheme though

EDIT:

-dont' know if this really counts as a bug since I dont' think anybody else has mentioned it, but music visualizations still cause my computer to freeze. For the time being, cna you turn these off. I still don't know whats wrong iwth this but technically it is an STV problem since I don't get the same problem wtih the Original STV. There seems to be a similar problem with certain video files too.

EDIT2:

-that problem where the CS icon wasn't showing up in some screens is no longer there for me. kudos

-after manually editing the sageclient.properties file (the old way), i've found that .2 looks ideal for the icon bar transparency value

EDIT (keep fthinking of stuff )

-if you hit delete from the recordings menu (2-pane), it just asks yes or no, as opposed to all those other options that you get if you delete from the recording information menu. for consistency's sake, maybe you want to change that...

Last edited by abasu2003; 12-01-2004 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
cayars15a

with a quick once over, initial thoughts:

-the info on the OSD (for enhanced and non-enhanced) is now black. Don't know if this is intentional. And actually that statement probably tells you how much i like it if it is intentional. but to each his own.
Nothing should be black. Any chance you could send me a screen shot so I can take a look at what is black?
Quote:
-interesting with the icons now being there kind of grayed out. personalyl i like it. however, i'm sure there will be people who won't. but its configurable, so cheers. WHOOPS: not quite configuring correctly. the default is set to .3. I went to change it, and it reads enter 0-50. hmm. go to enter .2 and it doesn't let me, goes to 0. Also, should point out most people don't have a remote control key for "."
Actually, that got messed up in the release along with another value also. I had to revert back to an older STV during development yesterday and I guess the STV didn't have this correct in it. I just fixed it again.
Quote:
-the problem with the watched bars is still happening. if you have it enabled and are watching tv it messes up-weird rendering.
What are you overlay, 3D, Color Key settings?
Quote:
-some setup options are colored now. can't figure out the color scheme though
Here's the skinny on the new colors: White is a setting found in the OriginalV2.stv that affects the "client". A light blue title is one added to the Cayars stv and affects the "client". A light pink color denotes an OriginalV2 setting that affects the "server". A darker pink color denotes an item added to the Cayars stv that affects the "server". These should be pretty clear when you see them in detailed setup.
Quote:
EDIT:

-dont' know if this really counts as a bug since I dont' think anybody else has mentioned it, but music visualizations still cause my computer to freeze. For the time being, cna you turn these off. I still don't know whats wrong iwth this but technically it is an STV problem since I don't get the same problem wtih the Original STV. There seems to be a similar problem with certain video files too.
You're gonna make me load up some music files aren't you.
Quote:
EDIT2:

-that problem where the CS icon wasn't showing up in some screens is no longer there for me. kudos
Hey we got something right!
Quote:
-after manually editing the sageclient.properties file (the old way), i've found that .2 looks ideal for the icon bar transparency value

EDIT (keep fthinking of stuff )
.3 is the default. After the next go around when I've got the setup for this corrected I'll get some feedback on it from a few people and set the default to that. It will probably be from .2 to .3 which will translate to detailed setup of 20% to 30% transparent.
Quote:
-if you hit delete from the recordings menu (2-pane), it just asks yes or no, as opposed to all those other options that you get if you delete from the recording information menu. for consistency's sake, maybe you want to change that...
I'll check on this one.