SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-26-2004, 04:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
When he is saying group he is referring the the Malore multimenus view
Yes, exactly. I have the shows grouped by Title.

EDIT: Officially titled "SageTV Recordings".
Old 11-26-2004, 04:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Question for you rsagetv99,
When you say group. What do you mean by this? What screens are you referring to besides the detail screen?

Are you sure it's a Favorite and not a show recorded by IR?

If you use the main menu->Media Libraries->Other Recording Views->Video Library (Not Archived) screen do the icons work correctly on this screen and the detail screen that it will use? If you favorites don't show correctly in this view tell me what color the border is around the show. Is it white or red?
I do not have IR turned on, and all of the shows are highlighted by white borders. I do have a couple with red borders and the "M" icon, but they are not the ones I was referring to.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Sage Icon

How about doing my test using the "Video Library (Not Archived)" and detail screen behind it. Let me know if you get the same results doing this with my version of the STV.

By comparing both the Malor style in ToxMox's version and my version of the STV using the VL-NA screen this will help narrow down the problem.

Carlo
Old 11-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
How about doing my test using the "Video Library (Not Archived)" and detail screen behind it. Let me know if you get the same results doing this with my version of the STV.

By comparing both the Malor style in ToxMox's version and my version of the STV using the VL-NA screen this will help narrow down the problem.

Carlo
Pretty much the same result - No Favorite icons for all episodes of a few different shows that were set up as favorites (not manual recordings). The only difference being that in the VL-NA screen I do not have the CS icon for any show in the TV Recording screen or in the detail screen.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Sage Icon

Just got a PM from ToxMox regarding this. He told me basically what I need to do to get it to work. I don't get why I need to do what I need to do as it makes no sense to me, but...

EDIT: this made no difference when I tried it so I don't think this was it.

Last edited by Cayars; 11-26-2004 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
I tested both of the STVs and here are the results:

TOXMOX:
Favorite icon shows up in the Malore's Group Listing when the show is a Favorite, but intermittently does not show as a Favorite in the Recording Details.

CC shows in the Group listing, but intermittently does not show in the details.

CS shows up in the Group when a show has been processed, but never in the details.

Cayars(R14-latest):
Favorite intermittenly shows up in the Malore's Group Listing when the show is a Favorite, and the recording detail matches this behavior (IE, if it shows a favorite in the group listing then it shows in the detail listing. If it does not show in the group, then it does not show in the detail either.

CC seems to show in both screens as expected.

CS shows up in the Group when a show has been processed, but never in the details.

Hope this makes sense.
A question for you on the CS stuff. I mentioned this before but I don't know if you caught it or not. On the shows that have been processed by ComSkip that do not show a CS icon in my stuf. If you check the .txt file is there any info in the file (0 length file)? Alternatly, if you go into the movie do you see any commercial breaks in the OSD?

If there isn't then I'm not going to show you the CS icon.

Let me know in this.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
I don't know if anybody else is seeing this, but my machine is recording shows which are not in my favorites. I also have IR disabled, so I am baffled how this could happen. Is Cayers STV causing this possibly?
Old 11-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

CHANNEL SETUP

can someone check to see if the Channel Setup screen works. Mine just hangs after I pick it.
Thanks
Old 11-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner
I don't know if anybody else is seeing this, but my machine is recording shows which are not in my favorites. I also have IR disabled, so I am baffled how this could happen. Is Cayers STV causing this possibly?
No code at all in the STV to record shows, It would have to be a manual, favorite or IR. What color is the border on the show?
Old 11-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
A question for you on the CS stuff. I mentioned this before but I don't know if you caught it or not. On the shows that have been processed by ComSkip that do not show a CS icon in my stuf. If you check the .txt file is there any info in the file (0 length file)? Alternatly, if you go into the movie do you see any commercial breaks in the OSD?

If there isn't then I'm not going to show you the CS icon.

Let me know in this.
Here's a copy of one of the txt files, all of the shows have similar txt files associated.

8705 13362
21001 26589
35642 40614

And yes, the show has the comercial breaks, if you look at my screenshots, I think the third one I was trying to show this - notice the show title is the same for all 3 shots.

Are you able to duplicate this?
Old 11-26-2004, 09:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Same thing happens to me. I mentioned it awhile back but since no one else replied I figured it was something on my end.

The original STV works fine.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfsoc
can someone check to see if the Channel Setup screen works. Mine just hangs after I pick it.
Thanks
Old 11-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Sage Icon

I have done the steps to enable CC and the little CC icon shows up. The options menu choice (while viewing the show) to toggle CC is present but non-functional. Nothing happens when I click w/ mouse or select with remote. Same behavior in Original STV also. This worked perfect before an OS/SW re-install. This is all from a client.

CS icon does not show up for any recordings, on any screen except Malore Style Recordings. All have been comskipped prior to above OS/SW re-install. All have comskip.txt files most of which have info. If I delete a comskip.txt file and then try to run comdetect via menu in recording details screen I get Commercial Detection Failed error.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
Same thing happens to me. I mentioned it awhile back but since no one else replied I figured it was something on my end.

The original STV works fine.

peace . . .
This happens to me as well, and the original STV works for me here to. The workaround for me was to go to the Setup Wizard, and choose the Channel Setup there - not a fix, just a workaround.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
I have done the steps to enable CC and the little CC icon shows up. The options menu choice (while viewing the show) to toggle CC is present but non-functional. Nothing happens when I click w/ mouse or select with remote. Same behavior in Original STV also. This worked perfect before an OS/SW re-install. This is all from a client.

CS icon does not show up for any recordings, on any screen except Malore Style Recordings. All have been comskipped prior to above OS/SW re-install. All have comskip.txt files most of which have info. If I delete a comskip.txt file and then try to run comdetect via menu in recording details screen I get Commercial Detection Failed error.
The CC icon is displayed based on the wording "Closed Captioning" in the description of the show from the EPG.

Since you're running this from the client, are you using UNC or Drive mappings so the client "sees" the show using the same drive letter/UNC combo that the server sees the file?

Which STV file is this?
Old 11-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
This happens to me as well, and the original STV works for me here to. The workaround for me was to go to the Setup Wizard, and choose the Channel Setup there - not a fix, just a workaround.
Good point. By any chance do you guys have multiple tuners? The machine I tested this on only had one tuner and I bet this might be the issue.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Good point. By any chance do you guys have multiple tuners? The machine I tested this on only had one tuner and I bet this might be the issue.
Yes, two tuners.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard

sleonard please copy this file to your STVs/OriginalV2/Cayars folder and tell me if the icon starts showing up after closing and restarting sage.
Attached Images
File Type: png toxcs.png (14.1 KB, 255 views)
Old 11-26-2004, 11:17 PM
Sage Icon

The icon is now showing up, thanks.

Com Detect from details screen still fails. I need to turn on logging and get some feedback. A new recording will finish in about 45 min. and then I'll see if auto setting still works.

I enabled the native 2.1 CC support on the server and, using Origianal STV, can now toggle CC1..CC2..Off but no actual CC shows up. Am going to install Cayers on server and try again. Still cannot even toggle CC on the client. Prior to reload I simply enabled native CC on the client and it worked, even for shows I had already recorded.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfsoc
Thanks
I noticed the same problem on both my server and client yesterday.
They both just hang and yes I have two tuners.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

I tested your assertion and that seems to be it.

I have one PVR-350 card but two sources. One is local channels over cable and the 2nd is S-vid input from the DirecTV STB.

If I eliminate the tuner and just use the S-vid source (local channels on DTV) then Channel Setup works fine.

peace . . .

Quote: