SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-24-2004, 07:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgibbysworth
I tried to re-download and am getting the same file as before (timestamped 3:34pm). Last minute fixes still going on is my guess.
I had the same problem. To fix, first I made sure I downloaded the latest file, just as Carlo mentioned, then I switched back to the OriginalV2.STV, shutdown SAGE, rebooted. Once everything came back up I switched back to release 14 and everything was re-linked.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:12 PM

Ditto for me on the deletion issue...
Old 11-24-2004, 07:18 PM

dude could you also quit changing the screen names?

You go from "xxxx by Cayars" to "xxx modified by Cayars"

So I have to redo my custom xml file. Why?
Old 11-24-2004, 07:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Added Icons to Malore Modules to show Watched, ComSkip, Closed Captioning, First Run Status (graphics & code written by ToxMox).
Can we add an icon that shows the delete status (manual or automatic)? That way we can tell which shows have the potential to be deleted, when running low on space. Also, since you added a "Watched" icon (which is the equivalent of "Like"), maybe you should add a "Don't Like" icon.

Next, for some reason the ComSkip icon is only shown for a group of recordings, and it is not shown in the "Recording Detail" screen. I would like to see it in both places.

And, I still don't like the fact that when you hit "Stop" while viewing a show that SAGE goes back to the "Media Libraries" menu - I think that when you hit "Stop" Sage should go to the "Recording Detail" screen of the show you are watching; when you delete a program at the end, Sage should go back to the "SAGETV Recordings" screen with the group you that you picked the program from still highlighted.

Finally, I think someone else already mentioned it, but the Favorite icon is inconsitent. Sometimes it does not show up in the group listing (malore), but when you go to the "Recording Detail" it's there.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Is the show being watched by another computer? This is the only time I've seen this happen.
I had this happen, too. Turned out it was CommSkip was active on the server and, since the file was open, it wouldn't delete it. When I went to delete the enxt morning (after Commskip was done) it deleted fine.

Stacy
Old 11-24-2004, 07:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Goose
dude could you also quit changing the screen names?

You go from "xxxx by Cayars" to "xxx modified by Cayars"

So I have to redo my custom xml file. Why?
Because I like you to suffer in my pain. I wish all I had to do was follow directions and USE THE MENU FILE IN THE ZIP and you were doing all the programming.

Actually, the reason is that when ever I modify a main branch/page in the code I tag it "modified by Cayars" so that I can easily tell I've changed the code. Some of my earlier "tags" gave the impression I wrote the module "by" when is should have been "modified" so I fixed it.

Some of the changes are in preperation of version 15.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
I had this happen, too. Turned out it was CommSkip was active on the server and, since the file was open, it wouldn't delete it. When I went to delete the enxt morning (after Commskip was done) it deleted fine.

Stacy
Comskip was not running on my PC.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Because I like you to suffer in my pain. I wish all I had to do was follow directions and USE THE MENU FILE IN THE ZIP and you were doing all the programming.
I have a wife friendly menu system I've had since nielm's stv, which i ported over to your wonderful stv... so using your zip menu is *not* an option for me
Old 11-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Comskip was not running on my machine either
Old 11-24-2004, 09:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Can we add an icon that shows the delete status (manual or automatic)? That way we can tell which shows have the potential to be deleted, when running low on space. Also, since you added a "Watched" icon (which is the equivalent of "Like"), maybe you should add a "Don't Like" icon.
Funny you should ask. I'm already working on this. I should have something done either tomorrow morning or sometime Friday. Depends with Turkey day happening etc and I'm not home right now either. I'm about halfway done with the changes I need to make.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
What do you mean by manual or automatic? I believe every file can be deleted. The last to go is manual recordings. I think the only thing that will trounce the manuals is newer manuals. There's a lot that goes into the delete process which is documented in the manual. It would be rather hard to tell you what is going to get deleted without duplicating the logic that is internal to the core.

BTW, the "Watched" icon isn't equivalent to "Like". Like is a flag you set to tell the system (mainly for IR) if you like a show or not. Watch on the other hand is set when you have watched the whole show or have manually set the watched flag.
Quote:
Next, for some reason the ComSkip icon is only shown for a group of recordings, and it is not shown in the "Recording Detail" screen. I would like to see it in both places.
I don't follow you on this one. Any chance of a couple of screen shots so I know the screens you're referring to?
Quote:
And, I still don't like the fact that when you hit "Stop" while viewing a show that SAGE goes back to the "Media Libraries" menu - I think that when you hit "Stop" Sage should go to the "Recording Detail" screen of the show you are watching; when you delete a program at the end, Sage should go back to the "SAGETV Recordings" screen with the group you that you picked the program from still highlighted.
Here's my logic: If I'm watching a movie/show and "Stop", it's normally because I want to choose another movie to watch from my list. Educate me why you'd want to go to the detail screen instead. For the times I want to look up something on the show I bring up options in the OSD and choose "Detailed Info" which takes me back to that screen. Does this not work for what you want to do? I'm not saying I won't make it configurable, but I'd like to know the thought process behind your request.
Quote:
Finally, I think someone else already mentioned it, but the Favorite icon is inconsitent. Sometimes it does not show up in the group listing (malore), but when you go to the "Recording Detail" it's there.
I can duplicate this one to, but I can't put my finger on the fix yet. On my system I see this happen on incomplete shows. Maybe it's a show that was manually recorded part way through the show...

Carlo
Old 11-24-2004, 10:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
What do you mean by manual or automatic? I believe every file can be deleted. The last to go is manual recordings. I think the only thing that will trounce the manuals is newer manuals. There's a lot that goes into the delete process which is documented in the manual. It would be rather hard to tell you what is going to get deleted without duplicating the logic that is internal to the core.
I think Toxmox got what I was saying, what I mean is the flag that is set when you create a favorite - whether to manually delete the show or automatically delete the show - I wanted a flag for that. Maybe I am wrong, but I was under the impression that favorites that are set to manually delete would not be deleted by SAGE.
Quote:
BTW, the "Watched" icon isn't equivalent to "Like". Like is a flag you set to tell the system (mainly for IR) if you like a show or not. Watch on the other hand is set when you have watched the whole show or have manually set the watched flag.
Oh yeah, well what about this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Page 154 of the manual
If Intelligent Recording is enabled, watched shows are considered to be shows that you like.
I could find no other way in the manual to set a show as liked, only "don't like". So from this I feel that "Watched" is the opposite of "Don't Like". So again, I think it would be nice to have an icon for both. That way when you go to the program guide or recording history you can easily identify shows that you've watched and shows that you don't like.
Quote:
I don't follow you on this one. Any chance of a couple of screen shots so I know the screens you're referring to?
Can't right now, the wife is watching the Bachelor.
Quote:
Here's my logic: If I'm watching a movie/show and "Stop", it's normally because I want to choose another movie to watch from my list. Educate me why you'd want to go to the detail screen instead. For the times I want to look up something on the show I bring up options in the OSD and choose "Detailed Info" which takes me back to that screen. Does this not work for what you want to do? I'm not saying I won't make it configurable, but I'd like to know the thought process behind your request.
I'm more complaining about it going to the "Media Libraries" screen, than asking for it go to the "Recording Detail" screen. The "Recording Detail" just seems like the natural place to go. The other choice would be to go back to the "SAGETV Recordings" screen with the group/show that you just played still highlighted (same as I suggested after a deleted show).
Or, what about this, can you make it go back to the screen you were on when you started the show? This seems like a good compromise: If you started from the "Recording Detail", the show goes back to "Recording Detail" when you hit "Stop"; Or, if you start the show from the "SageTV Recordings", "Stop" sends you back to "SageTV" recordings. What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAYARS
I can duplicate this one to, but I can't put my finger on the fix yet. On my system I see this happen on incomplete shows. Maybe it's a show that was manually recorded part way through the show...
Maybe, let me check it out.

Last edited by rsagetv99; 11-24-2004 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Sage User

I have a quick question - for some reason when in the menu and live tv is playing in the corner - there is a big black dot in the center of the tv picture. Anyone know how to get rid of it?
Old 11-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayoti
I have a quick question - for some reason when in the menu and live tv is playing in the corner - there is a big black dot in the center of the tv picture. Anyone know how to get rid of it?
Search this thread (there is a search button that will only search this thread), this was mentioned about 10 or so pages back.

EDIT: Search for "black square".

Last edited by rsagetv99; 11-24-2004 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:59 PM
Sage Icon

I just put up another zip file with fixes and adjustments to the spacing of the IconBars. I think the only outstanding issue is the CS icon not showing up in certain views. I need to dive into this and figure it out.

This zip has a new menu file. I also added a MANual icon ToxMox had given me to the IconBars.

The file has the same name but this time I built it without the "PATCH" directory so you can install it directly into the SageTV folder as normal.

Unless I here back any issues on this I'm going to update the first message in an hour or two.

http://www.tcw.net/sagetv/cayars14.zip

Happy Thanksgiving Day to everyone!

Carlo
Old 11-25-2004, 12:06 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I just put up another zip file with fixes and adjustments to the spacing of the IconBars. I think the only outstanding issue is the CS icon not showing up in certain views. I need to dive into this and figure it out.

This zip has a new menu file. I also added a MANual icon ToxMox had given me to the IconBars.

The file has the same name but this time I built it without the "PATCH" directory so you can install it directly into the SageTV folder as normal.

Unless I here back any issues on this I'm going to update the first message in an hour or two.

http://www.tcw.net/sagetv/cayars14.zip

Happy Thanksgiving Day to everyone!

Carlo
Happy Thanksgiving to you too. In case I haven't said it enough, thanks for all of you hard work!
Old 11-25-2004, 03:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methius
Cayars, where is the file located that your STV takes it translation from?
(Already translated the Menu, Core also, but this only works in the default STV)
Could translation be implemented?

Owh and Happy Thanksgiving (Although I live in The Netherlands :-/)
Old 11-25-2004, 06:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'm not sure I'm following you here. Are you talking about the drop file?

If possible, could you attach a zip file with the output you are getting now and an example of what it should look like? I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do anything with it since it's probably in hebrew, but maybe the "light will go on" for me.

Here is a little prog I wrote, what needs to be done is that the file that gets created when I click compress, be written with ISO-8859-8 (or whetever encoding).

check this class out, it shows an easy way of doing this.
ilan
Attached Files
File Type: zip TestXMLCode.zip (5.1 KB, 167 views)
Old 11-25-2004, 07:24 AM

Will comskip: autoskip automatically begin real-time detection every time i watch a show which has no file? Or do i need to manually begin detection before i start watching?
Old 11-25-2004, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Goose
Will comskip: autoskip automatically begin real-time detection every time i watch a show which has no file? Or do i need to manually begin detection before i start watching?
For now, manually. You can also start it while watching the movie by bringing up the options in the OSD. Look towards the bottom of the list.

Carlo