SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
He is referring to this FAQ. I just updated the warning on that, since some people have been reporting problems with it recently. But, it sounds like SageTV is not seeing the UNC path -- are you using the service? If so, is it logging on as a user w/a password?

Are the read/write share permissions enabled for it? (What ToxMox said.)

- Andy
Well.. I have the folder with my videos in it shared to "Everyone" with "Full" permissions.. When I go through the GUI on both the Sage Server and the Sage Client I see my video directories listed as \\server\video, which is correct. If I type that UNC in on my client I get the folder containing my videos correctly..

Still the server does the comskip correctly, but the client seems to not see the .txt files..

Oh, and yes I am running the service on the server, and the application as well..

I'm stuck!
Old 11-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Great Stuff! You and ToxMox are proving to be a deadly combination.
Just some edits for your documentation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
*Renamed "Show Malor Options" to "Show Extended Options" in Detailed Setup->Interface->Enhanced OSD Options.
You actually renamed it to "Show ComSkip Options"
Also, I think you mentioned a couple of changes twice - maybe due to the level of difficulty for that particular change, I guess you wanted to get credit for it twice. Or maybe so people would notice it and not ask the same questions over and over again.

Again, great work!!!
Old 11-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

BTW, I was checking out your changes and I noticed the new Compress Option "Character Set" which I promptly clicked on and then realized it was not a drop down so I clicked close and lost your setting. Can you tell me what the default is for this?

Maybe for Release 15 you can put the default in parenthesis so dumb-a**es like me don't screw this up... or a drop down.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
BTW, I was checking out your changes and I noticed the new Compress Option "Character Set" which I promptly clicked on and then realized it was not a drop down so I clicked close and lost your setting. Can you tell me what the default is for this?

Maybe for Release 15 you can put the default in parenthesis so dumb-a**es like me don't screw this up... or a drop down.
Good call. I've been trying to do this with the parenthesis but I guess I missed that one (last minute addition). The default is "ISO-8859-1" without the quotes.

I just added the default in quotes to the code.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99

Worst case if something like this happens, shut down and remove the property from the properties file and let it re-create it with the defaults.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Great new STV Carlo.

Couple of little things maybe.

Music Library - Music by Song Title puts up a completely garbage list of stuff? I get my encoder names and 11000 someodd junk things.

In the recording schedule at the bottom of the main menu, I only see the new First Run icon, even though all of my recordings are favorites as well. Is it underneath? It's right in the Malore style schedule, but wrong in the menu one and the standard version.

A question: The zip file wants to unpack into \PATCH\STVs\... etc. I ran it that way at first, but then I copied it to the main STVs\... directory and it seems to be ok. Is there a reason for the PATCH directory. Is it necessary to leave it there as well. Enquiring minds want to know...<g>
Old 11-24-2004, 04:29 PM
Sage Icon

No. there shouldn't have been a patch directory in the zip file. Darn it.

i'll take a look at the other stuff. I figured there would be issues with this release because of all the changes. This is why I released it here to get the people that are following the thread to "beta" it before I put it up live.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Noticed that when I try to delete a show from the 'Recording Detail' menu, no matter what I select nothing seems to take except the "Cancel" button.. tried all the "Delete, Watched, Like" type options, but nothing did anything...
Old 11-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Sage User

Error: Live TVGuide

Error: Unknown internal screen "LiveTVGuide w/ Optional Preview"
Old 11-24-2004, 04:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Try right clicking (options menu) and set the filters back to all or everything type settings. See if this helps you get the ball rolling.
I tried that, but still nothing is showing up. Any other suggestions?

EDIT: I just installed v1.4 and the recordings show up now. Not sure what changed, but thanks. P.S. just noticed a typo on the Internal settings menu: "Scheduling - Look a Head Days". "Ahead" should be one word.

Last edited by bgorrell; 11-24-2004 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgibbysworth
Error: Unknown internal screen "LiveTVGuide w/ Optional Preview"
Did you re-download the STV after Cayar fixed it? I had the same error as you until he fixed a few things and relinked the .zip file...
Old 11-24-2004, 05:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs up

Cayars Hi,

First thanks for adding the charset option, but, I'm affraid its not enogh to just give the header to the xml, you also have to write it using the encoding selected.
what I mean is:

Reading
BufferedReader input = null;
try
{
//use buffering
//this implementation reads one line at a time
File f = new File(m_channelsOutput);
InputStreamReader isr = new InputStreamReader(
new FileInputStream(f), "ISO-8859-8");
input = new BufferedReader(isr);
String line = null; //not declared within while loop
while ((line = input.readLine()) != null)
{
}

}catch()...

and write:

FileOutputStream fout = null;
try
{
fout = new FileOutputStream(filename);
OutputStreamWriter out = new OutputStreamWriter(fout, "ISO-8859-8"); //different encoding
out.write().....
}catch()....

Without this, the text inside is no good to us, since it is not readable, I don't know if it from reading from the DB or writing to the xml.

the xml file name is written ok, with the correct charset (i can read the hebrew in the xml file name).

If you can sqeeze this into the 14th version, it would be greate, but I can also wait for the next version for this.

Thanks again
Ilan
Old 11-24-2004, 05:43 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
Did you re-download the STV after Cayar fixed it? I had the same error as you until he fixed a few things and relinked the .zip file...
I tried to re-download and am getting the same file as before (timestamped 3:34pm). Last minute fixes still going on is my guess.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Noticed that when I try to delete a show from the 'Recording Detail' menu, no matter what I select nothing seems to take except the "Cancel" button.. tried all the "Delete, Watched, Like" type options, but nothing did anything...
Is the show being watched by another computer? This is the only time I've seen this happen.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgorrell
I tried that, but still nothing is showing up. Any other suggestions?

EDIT: I just installed v1.4 and the recordings show up now. Not sure what changed, but thanks. P.S. just noticed a typo on the Internal settings menu: "Scheduling - Look a Head Days". "Ahead" should be one word.
I believe it was you that PMed me about the properties issue. Anyway, I had missed a changing the name of 2 properties so it was trying to use setting from the past (or from Archived Recordings).

Thanks for the check on the typo.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
Cayars Hi,

First thanks for adding the charset option, but, I'm affraid its not enogh to just give the header to the xml, you also have to write it using the encoding selected.
what I mean is:

Reading
BufferedReader input = null;
try
{
//use buffering
//this implementation reads one line at a time
File f = new File(m_channelsOutput);
InputStreamReader isr = new InputStreamReader(
new FileInputStream(f), "ISO-8859-8");
input = new BufferedReader(isr);
String line = null; //not declared within while loop
while ((line = input.readLine()) != null)
{
}

}catch()...

and write:

FileOutputStream fout = null;
try
{
fout = new FileOutputStream(filename);
OutputStreamWriter out = new OutputStreamWriter(fout, "ISO-8859-8"); //different encoding
out.write().....
}catch()....

Without this, the text inside is no good to us, since it is not readable, I don't know if it from reading from the DB or writing to the xml.

the xml file name is written ok, with the correct charset (i can read the hebrew in the xml file name).

If you can sqeeze this into the 14th version, it would be greate, but I can also wait for the next version for this.

Thanks again
Ilan
I'm not sure I'm following you here. Are you talking about the drop file?

If possible, could you attach a zip file with the output you are getting now and an example of what it should look like? I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do anything with it since it's probably in hebrew, but maybe the "light will go on" for me.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cayars, where is the file located that your STV takes it translation from?
(Already translated the Menu, Core also, but this only works in the default STV)
Old 11-24-2004, 06:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just tried ver. 14. When I try to "delete, set watched, like" it sets the program to watched, but does not delete it.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Quote:
Is the show being watched by another computer? This is the only time I've seen this happen.
I'm having this problem as well, and I only have one PC watching any of the video files. When watching I get the Delete Box at the end, but when I choose any of the options the video screen goes black and the menu never disappears. I can hit Cancel or Stop on the remote and it will exit out, but the show is not deleted.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just switched back to 13 and delete is working again. It must be something with version 14.