SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-21-2004, 10:32 PM
Sage User

cant seem to get closed captioning to work. I click on it to enable but is doesn't change from disabled. what am I missing?
Old 11-22-2004, 03:28 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to TiltRod Send a message via MSN to TiltRod Send a message via Yahoo to TiltRod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt
Wondering if I found a bug: I can't seem to get background video while displaying Malore Recordings.
Thanks!
Not really sure if it is a bug or a concious effort to change code. Anyway, it was available in Cayars up to Version D rel 2, but is no longer there in Ver E and up.

I, also, would like to have this function back as well.
--D
Old 11-22-2004, 05:45 AM
Sage Icon

No it would be BUG. ToxMox found the issue and provided the fix (I missed a piece of code). It's fixed in the next release.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernoob
cant seem to get closed captioning to work. I click on it to enable but is doesn't change from disabled. what am I missing?
What hardware do you have PVR wise?
Old 11-22-2004, 07:14 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
No it would be BUG. ToxMox found the issue and provided the fix (I missed a piece of code). It's fixed in the next release.
Great! Thanks!
Old 11-22-2004, 07:34 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
What hardware do you have PVR wise?
pvr-250
Old 11-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Sage Expert

Carlo,

I was looking at SageMCE and I decided that I like the blue background with the green highlighting. So I went about finding all of the blue highlights and tried to change them to green. I only found two in the STV's\OriginalV2 directory (newInfoBar.png and newMenuBar.png). However, I when I mouse over the upcoming/currently recording widget, it still shows up blue. Also, when I mouse over the letters in IMDB search, recordings screen, and many other screens, i still find blue highlight bars.
My question is where are these buttons and can I sub them for different ones. I looked in your directory (STVs\OriginalV2\Cayars) and didn't really find anything and looked through a few others and didn't find anything.

Hopefully its not hardcoded...

Thanks
Old 11-23-2004, 05:11 AM
Sage Fanatic

Since I don't know when Carlos might get back around here, I'll try to field that question for you abasu2003.

What you're looking at are various image files that are sometimes displayed. There are several entries in the .properties file that also control text size, style, and various colors. I'm to lazy to figure out what they all are and/or what they may change, but I think you might find what you want to alter in the .properties file. There are a few things that are hardcoded in the STV too I'm sure though.

Before you try editing the .properties file(s), be sure to totally close down SageTV (including the service if you use it) and make an extra backup copy just in case you accidently mess things up beyound repair.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:19 AM
Sage Icon

Lets see, Yesterday I did a complete format and re-install on my client system. This time I installed Cayers 13 STV (was using Maldude). Spent all day (and night) playing with configuration and I have to say this STV is the best I've seen yet. :good job:

I think I have found a bug though. When watching either live TV or a recording I try to turn on CC via the Options menu but clicking (mouse or remote) to toggle CC gets no change. The option stays at Off. I did enable CC in detailed setup.

Update: I just went back to the Original STV and got the same thing. Strange, I had this working fine before the big re-install. I am using VMR9 w/ 3D accel. turned on. Going now to the manual to see if I forgot to configure something.

Last edited by sleonard; 11-23-2004 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:50 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
Lets see, Yesterday I did a complete format and re-install on my client system. This time I installed Cayers 13 STV (was using Maldude). Spent all day (and night) playing with configuration and I have to say this STV is the best I've seen yet. :good job:

I think I have found a bug though. When watching either live TV or a recording I try to turn on CC via the Options menu but clicking (mouse or remote) to toggle CC gets no change. The option stays at Off. I did enable CC in detailed setup.

Update: I just went back to the Original STV and got the same thing. Strange, I had this working fine before the big re-install. I am using VMR9 w/ 3D accel. turned on. Going now to the manual to see if I forgot to configure something.
same situation here without the reinstall. quite frustrating
Old 11-23-2004, 08:55 AM
Sage Icon

Orphan.bat and UNC

Another problem I'm having: how to set up the Orphan.bat for use with UNC pathnames.

/begin original orphan.bat section
rem change the two lines below to match your directories - add or remove sections to match your directory structure
D:
cd D:\SageTV
for /f "tokens...

Will this work?

rem change the two lines below to match your directories - add or remove sections to match your directory structure
\\Sageserver\TV
for /f "tokens...

Edit: Answered my own question. No it doesn't. Gets error message "The network path was not found."

Any ideas?

Last edited by sleonard; 11-23-2004 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

After making the change you normally need a reboot once or twice to make sure SageTV updates the registry for enabling CC support. What I'd suggest is checking the registry and make sure that CC is enabled for your PVR before going any further. If this isn't enabled, CC isn't being captured and you're not going to get it to work regardless of what you do.

BTW, while typing this I went back and updated the first message of this thread and added Closed Caption Support directions. Check that out for help and see if this fixes your problem.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Sage Fanatic

SLeonard-

Do you have the d:\SageTV folder shared?
Old 11-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Another problem I'm having: how to set up the Orphan.bat for use with UNC pathnames.

/begin original orphan.bat section
D:
cd D:\SageTV
for /f "tokens...

Will this work?

\\Sageserver\TV
for /f "tokens...

Edit: Answered my own question. No it doesn't. Gets error message "The network path was not found."

Any ideas?
Don't worry about this. I'm finishing up the last thing I'm working on (this) for a new release and Delete Orphan Files will be a built in module and will not require use of external programs/scripts.

Carlo
Old 11-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Sage Icon

Speaking of the new release, I think you guys are going to like some of the visual enhancements added to this release.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Sage User

I'll have to give the CC thing a try when I get home. One other thing I've been having problems with is the folder.jpg files. I ripped two dvd's and created folders for each of them. In the folders I've put the info.my and folder.jpg files. The movies work fine and so does the info.my but I cant seem to get the jpg files to show. Infact I dont even get a blue folder icon on the movie folders. is there a particular size the jpg's must be? If I look in sages' imported picture files I can see them, just not in imported video's screens.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Sage Icon

If memory serves me correctly the graphic file name should be the same name as the movie. So for example if you had "TopGun.mpg" then the graphic file should be named "TopGun.jpg".

Can anyone tell me if this is correct?
Old 11-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hey Carlo,

Not sure if this is something you can do in an STV or if I need ask for this somewhere else, but I wanted to talk about manual recordings. It seems like this is an area that is lacking in the SAGE software.

For my example let's say I want to record Dinner and a Movie every night (let's pretend it comes on every night) so, since I cannot create a favorite (the title and actors change nightly) I must create a timed/manual recording.
Here are the issues:

1. Manual recordings are treated as redheaded stepchildren, as such they do not get a favorite added for them, even when they are recurring. What I am looking for here is the ability to set the max recordings settings, or the manually delete flag. Right now you can only adjust the recording quality and the padding.

2. Even if a show lines up exactly with show times and is on a channel listed in the EPG, it does not inherit the EPG data. Instead it is just titled Recurring Timed Recording (or something to that affect). This makes discerning between multiple timed recordings very difficult.

3. There is no way to rename the recording within SAGE to give it a more meaningful name.

Here are the solutions.

1. Treat a timed recording just like a favorite, where all properties can be changed.

2. By default, inherit the show that is currently playing, if a manual recording is recording on a channel that is listed in the program guide.

3. Allow manual recordings to be renamed. In fact, this option should be available for all recordings, not just manual ones. That way, before my mother comes over to visit, I can rename all of the Real Sex episodes I recorded from HBO to something like Billy Graham's Hour of Prayer".

Is this something that can be configured in your STVs?

Edit: I forgot to add my soapbox near the beginning of the request.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:07 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the quick replies. I will try the reboot and check the registry for CC when I get home and I'm looking forward to the next release :drool:

Is it me or are you the most active STV designer there is? I just finished reading the entire thread (yes, all 40 pages) and it seems like you are online and monitoring the forums 24/7, not to mention the incredible number of STV releases. Pity wants to make me tell you to take a break and spend some time w/ the family but I want that next release asap

Speaking of the next release, is this the one that's going to incorporate the newest "live" comskip functions? If so, your family can wait
Old 11-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Sage Icon

Not for this release since I'm working out my last issue and will be posting this.

However, I'll take a look and see what if anything can be done. BTW, I'd be screwed because my Mom would want to watch "Billy Graham's Hour of Prayer".